It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am exhausted.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I knew there would be assholes like you. What I didn't realize is that you'd still have the audacity to knee jerk without reading the entire post.

But you know what? Given the nature of the rant, I should have known.

Thanks for your contribution. You are right. I am glad I am not in Gaza right now. Does that somehow mean I shouldn't feel for the innocent people there? I guess I should just hop on my private jet and donate millions of dollars I don't have to relief efforts to the people suffering there...

You've been a big help. I'm not sure what's been more helpful, my complaints, or you complaining about them.
edit on 3-8-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mwood

Honestly? I won't argue it. I don't know if there even IS a "they". Sometimes I think it's just a human rationalization. A product of psychology. We want to rationalize all the terrible things that happen in the world so we create an illusionary foe that must be responsible for everything that is wrong.

Sometimes I see traces of it being an organized effort, and sometimes I wonder if all the craziness has just gotten to me and there really is no "they".

I tend to believe in personal responsibility, so even if there IS a "they", WE are still responsible for letting it all happen. I just don't know how we are to overcome our differences. It's easy to say you should love your fellow man and feel like it's your duty until he bombs your house and kills your children. Then what?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
I am a news junkie.

That's why you are so tired. But I think you probably already know that.
Anyways ... I totally get your rant. A lot of us are/have been in the same place.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

It's easy to say you should love your fellow man and feel like it's your duty until he bombs your house and kills your children. Then what?

I empathize with the conflict you feel in regards to this, yet those who cherish life from a perspective of reason accept that those who unreasonably threaten life forfeit their right to exist. Any other thought is contributing to the ideals of those who want only to cause misery and loss to any but themselves.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

It's not that simple.

It just isn't. We've been at this for too long. Blood feuds going back hundreds (and even thousands) of years. I have no idea how any of it ever stops. I'd like to think I am above it but sitting here in peace in Canada, that is easy to do. If I am honest with myself, if someone killed my daughter I would want revenge at all costs. It would be my first emotional response.

I can't really blame those who have lost loved ones and had their lives broken for wanting revenge. But at the same time I know it solves nothing. But that is easy for me to say sitting here isn't it?

I just wish we could find a way to stop and forgive. And it is painful to know that will not happen any time soon.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Awww, were our sentiments offended? Are our ears on fire?

That fiery insult belies your true "feelings".

I know the real you behind the facade now.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Tis only a movie quote, but kind of hits the nail on the head IMHO.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. ~K. Sozeh.

You are right that nobody runs my life but me, that is because I have opted out of their system as well as I could without going off grid. This is just one of the reasons my life is so good.

There are bad people running things on a governmental level, you are absolutely correct.
There are also bad people in the private sector putting their greedy mitts in our governments for their personal interests, otherwise why would there be lobbyists pumping so much cash into our lawmakers?
To think that these people do not conspire to control us, you'd have to be blind.
Just try selling your raw milk to your neighbor without "permission" if you still believe nobody wants to control you.

You suggest getting off of the internet, while I agree to a point as there is something cool about getting a tan and playing fetch with the dogs or just getting out.
The net allows us to experience someone else's life and empathize with their problems, it allows the little guys to conspire with each other for better things.

Just an example, there is a group of people that for the major part have been invisible to the world and have just recently had their case explode all over the media by force.
Simply because via the net we were able to put them there.
After all we should look to bring up the fellow man as it lifts us as well.

I cannot attest to there being reptiles or aliens or illuminati, however one of the worlds most brilliant minds stated that mathematically there must be other life out there.
I do agree however that the problems we face are just everyday greedy, cruel and power hungry people.

In the end though the thread is not about my problems or yours, it is about the OP's problems.
He or she asked a question of me and I expressed where I find my joy.

I am absolutely right however when I state, "The best revenge is living well".

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Does that somehow mean I shouldn't feel for the innocent people there?

Of course not. My reply to you was directed at you being tired of hearing about it.

You calling me an asshole was the real you. I bet if we met you would be doing something more.

Jeez, talk about knee jerks…

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Just come right out and say it. I'm a big boy. I can handle it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

No thanks, I won't be sucked into breaches of TnC…

have a nice rant thread,

intrptr out.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

You calling me an asshole was the real you.

I guess you must have missed the dozens of posts where I have admitted to being the same. I'm an asshole too. Point is, we all are to certain degrees. I'm just not sure how we cure ourselves of it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

ah. right. so now I'm baiting you.

mmmkay.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

It's not that simple.

It just isn't. We've been at this for too long. Blood feuds going back hundreds (and even thousands) of years. I have no idea how any of it ever stops. I'd like to think I am above it but sitting here in peace in Canada, that is easy to do. If I am honest with myself, if someone killed my daughter I would want revenge at all costs. It would be my first emotional response.

I can't really blame those who have lost loved ones and had their lives broken for wanting revenge. But at the same time I know it solves nothing. But that is easy for me to say sitting here isn't it?

I just wish we could find a way to stop and forgive. And it is painful to know that will not happen any time soon.

Of course you feel the need for it to be complex, it appears to be a complex problem, the truth is it isn't.

This is why in my first post I explained the way to mental peace is through the reasonable acceptance of loss. That doesn't mean you have to agree to the loss that you perceive. What it does though is help your self-conscious mind disengage the conflict your subconscious mind is trying to protect you from, but cant.

It is how we reject loss that determines our present state of mind, accepting loss to reject it appears counter intuitive, yet it is the only way I perceived so far in all my years of exploring the very questions you have.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Thats amazing actually.

I had a moment of quiet today, and that is the word I "heard". Acceptance. Almost like it's part of the grieving process. I don't know why that is or how it would work, but a part of me felt like I needed to just accept it, because this is a part of the process. Like it's inevitable and I have no control over the big picture.

I think that is where the war within myself stems from. A refusal to accept things. I want them to be different so I fight or I fret. Maybe it just boils down to knowing when to let go and move to acceptance and when to stand your ground. I find it hard to accept so much suffering but maybe the acceptance isn't the suffering, but my inability to change any of it on the cosmic scale I feel it should be changed. Accepting what I can do in my own little sphere as mentioned previously.

Just feeling overwhelmed lately. I truly appreciate all the positive suggestions and ideas thus far. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.
edit on 3-8-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
If this is the case, you are right where The PTB wants you to be.
They just want drugged up beaten down slaves to push the proper levers for them.
The best revenge is living well.

and you know what? That is exactly how I feel. Like I'm right where "they" want me to be. You and I don't often agree on a lot of subjects, but in this case I believe you are right. I guess it's just a question of how the heck do you pick yourself up and drown out all the misery? I almost feel like it's my duty as a human being to empathize with my fellow human beings. But this can be incredibly painful.

I hate to use the term "empath". But sometimes I feel like I am one. I wonder about how random strangers on the bus are doing in their lives. I feel things from them. Extend that to a global situation of suffering and I end up feeling overwhelmed.

So if you think I am right where "they" want me to be, what is your secret? How do you not end up getting down about it all? I can't seem to help it. Or can I?

I know how you feel. It makes me want to cry, and I know a lot of people here think I'm some kind of heartless monster because I have to wear my practical hat and bend to the reality that if I want to be able to survive and take care of my family in even some small island of stability, there are just some things that cannot be done ... but yes, inside I do cry, and there are times that those tears aren't so inside either.

I don't understand how people can be so rotten to each other. It just seems so wrong. I could never treat people like they treat each other on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Just continue to be the best person you can be, day in and day out. Help where you can on a personal basis. Don't let yourself get caught up in the grand scheme. Realistically, there isn't much you can do for someone on the other side of the world, but you can help just a bit that person in your own community, even if it's just a tiny thing like dropping some loose change in a bucket.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Just feeling overwhelmed lately. I truly appreciate all the positive suggestions and ideas thus far. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I understand. I too feel like an Empath, it can be overwhelming until you say to those feelings, thank-you, thank your subconscious mind for trying to protect you by fixating on the loss it perceives, this disengages it, again counter intuitive yet effective.

Be patient with yourself, you are doing the best you can.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I know it's tough but you have to disconnect yourself. Go out in the country somewhere, grow a garden, only focus on your immediate surroundings. Just take a time out. I rarely watch American news media or much of anything else on American TV anymore. I cannot stand what it has all become. When they call Tina Fey a great actress and comedic genius, my lip snarls up and I vomit in my mouth. Same with todays Hollywood actors. Same with most musicians in the spotlight. I grew up in the 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's, and I can tell you that most things past 1995 suck bad(my opinion). This is the worst time of all times in all areas. We still have a few Sharknado movies to endure before we get out of this rut of #.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Until Jesus returns as king, we will all feel like we are doing our time. The important thing to remember is that we are here to live by His word. When I start feeling spent, I use 1John 1:9, and study God's word. His word alway seems to renew my tired mind.

There are no lasting human solutions to the world's problems, so dont take it upon yourself to solve them. Do God's will for you, and realize that He has a plan in the works for world.

This kind of thinking, is the very Demonic presence at hold over the entire world, and is the REASON why everything goes on unabated.

Your own Bible says that this consciousness will be here till the end of the age, then a NEW one gets instituted, it will be by another name, and one that no one recognizes, unless WE doing something about it.

Your God, has proven itself to not exist, or I should say, it NEVER DID exist as the tales are being told, too deep for you I know, but not for much longer.

Trust me, their is NO OVERSEER GOD, anywhere in ANY Universe that has a plan for ANYTHING.

But you can go ahead and side with the ones who call themselves GOD, and TRY to not be a part of this HELL.

Many of us are going to forge something ELSE, because in this Universe of TRUE FREEWILL, the only ones telling us that we are limited scum that know nothing, are the ones that need us to believe that FOREVER!!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
it is not your fault. it's nobody's fault. as long as you don't have your hands on the controls, you are innocent and clean as driven snow. and by that i mean, the guys who are manipulating all this. i don't think they're human, so blaming yourself for what they manage to get humans to do, is pointless.

This.

I have personally confirmed that not only are they not Human, but MANY races of beings, and entities exist, MOST OF THEM are not in control either, but have limited agendas they think are all they have to survive.

Much of that is mixed into our own DNA.

But I have flushed all of this out, and I can SEE THEM.

And flat out , we are going to do something about it! And even they, are happy about this....because the never ending spiral into hell, is just that, and is almost about to hit the point of no return.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join