It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Climate Change, huh? Well, let's recap this past week's extreme weather events

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
14 dead in japan due the extreme heat this year .. weather patterns been off the past few years now ..

More than likely, these were some of Japan's abundant elderly (no offense!) citizens that suffered from heat sickness. The same thing happens in the winter, people die from extreme cold.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It's caused by the internet simple enough!

Constant and quick communication on everything so everybody can make the front page for their 15 minutes.

Nothings changed except the speed that we hear about it

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

I think you make a fine point here. Humans have always thought of themselves as the center of the universe.

I think that the climate change issue is another means to control the masses; starting with dishing out energy taxes.
Instilling fear in people is the first step, but of course our governments will swoop in to save us, just for the small cost of some civil liberties and freedoms.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Weather changes, that's for sure. But global warming?

We were used to high temperatures, here in Greece (38-40 c)
But this summer was the coolest of all (29 - 33 c)

Maybe in some places of the world,temperature is higher than it used to be, but then again we can't use the word global...

I didn't used to be a denier, but what about all the evidence telling otherwise?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So is this book going to be passed out for free or are you doing the Al Gore thingy?

It's hard to take the whole climate change seriously when the preachers are making millions off of it.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: lemmin
Can we ignore this climate change thing and just agree we should probably stop pumping CO² into the atmosphere?

I would be much more concern about all the deadly, toxic, chemicals we put in our atmosphere than the harmless quantities of C02 ordinary people put out everyday.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Rez as always I respect the effort and amount of info you put into your threads, but I have an issue with this whole debacle.

As humans we have grown a custom to the nice weather we have experienced. Granted more nice sometimes than others, but why is it that we/you/them think it should stay this way forever? We need and must adapt to the weather changes, not "fix" them as everyone/mostly thinks.

Why as a species do we think that the weather should stay perfect for us forever? History should tell us that if species do not adapt their numbers dwindle down and lead to eventual extinction. History also tells us that climate changes, since this is so why do people think that it shouldn't?

I live in southern Illinois. My mothers house was destroyed by a tornado several years ago. It missed us by only a block. I know that weather can play hell on us as a species. This is why I take precaution seriously and stay alert to the weather. It is amust if you want to survive.
edit on 29-7-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here in Newfoundland we have been having our hottest July on record since 1920. Temperatures will be pushing 30C in many areas tomorrow and Thursday and the humidex will be in the mid to high thirties, possibly even the low forties in some areas. This is just unheard of here.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Obviously, you don't know me and you haven't read my threads or this OP.

I think I need to apologize ... because I tend to say "you", not as you. But as a third person, identifying the scientists in general. As in everybody ... not you as an individual.

My point is, the human race is too focused on buying the official explanation that basically says, we have to "fart" less (create less CO2 and methane). Instead of, in my opinion, we should spend more on science to prepare ourselves to the fact that this is something that we won't change. Even if we "aided" it's process.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Dude, Isolated local incidents do not prove or disprove a global historic trend.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Fine post, but terrible Title. Your title is an immediate "in your face" challenge to which you received immediate rebuttal. Too immediate to have been read through. But chances are that would have happened in any event.

From my recollection early on in this climate debate,maybe fifteen or twenty years ago, spastic weather anomalies were predicted as a visible aspect of the over-all changes taking place. Your post serves to validate the advent of these phenomena.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The earth has been cooling for over 10 years. Al Gore and the Global Warming people couldn't have been more wrong. They preached the exact opposite of what happened. And people still believe them! We all know they are trying to backtrack and say Climate Change but seriously... they were dead wrong. The good news is you still have time to migrate south before the next mini-Ice Age.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
No Climate Change, huh?

The only constant in climate is CHANGE.

Its been changing since day dot.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
what happens over a few years is no indication of climate change. Climate change is measured over a much larger period of time.

Anyway the climate is always changing the question is if it is man made or not.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well folks, I live in Perm, Russia and I can only say this...if there is such a thing as global warming please send it here! Perm, according to the locals here is experencing the coldest summer that anyone can remember!

I personally believe that the earth is a balancing act and when it is hot in one area, its cold in another....this global warming theory is a bunch of bs....data can be manipulated to fit whatever theory you want to believe. Nuff said, time for another beer

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I also made a thread some days ago about 3 -4 storms that were all aligned in the pacific heading west. One of those storms (the one on front) is already near near Asia. The other 2 are still grouped together (and still lined up), waiting for their turn.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Both sides in this argument love to use the term, "Weather is not climate." Perhaps you should, too.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
No Climate Change, huh?

The only constant in climate is CHANGE.

Its been changing since day dot.

Amen.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Weather:

Weather is the state of the atmosphere, to the degree that it is hot or cold, wet or dry, calm or stormy, clear or cloudy.

Climate:

Climate is a measure of the average pattern of variation in temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, wind, precipitation, atmospheric particle count and other meteorological variables in a given region over long periods of time. Climate is different from weather, in that weather only describes the short-term conditions of these variables in a given region.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm a firm believer in weather control. More so, when considering Monsanto, Agenda 21, Population Control, etc, etc...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join