It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tone-Deaf" Obama Mocked By NY Times For Vacationing While World Burns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx
WHY did you just play the race card?

Race has nothing to do with the conversation.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Oh of course how could I not see w saving the country money while completely trashing the economy.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

His (Bush43) recklessness with money by spending our tax money overseas is a different subject then reckless indulgences of spending our tax money while on vacations. Both Obama and Bush are reckless spenders in the war dept and in 'aid'. But the 'spend tax payer money on vacation' self indulgence factor is MUCH higher with Obama then with Bush43. And that's what this thread topic is.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
WHY did you just play the race card?

Race has nothing to do with the conversation.

Playing the race card is akin to calling someone a shill or paid agent. It is the refuge of those who are unable to argue the topic and have an intelligent discourse on the subject.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: damwel
You do realize that most of Bush43s 'vacations' were at the ranch in Texas ... at a much reduced cost to the taxpayer ... and that it was always a working vacation. It was called 'the Western White House' because it was working vacations. You do realize that .. right? Both Bush43 and Obama took 'vacations' .. but different kinds ... and Obama's spending and his vacation habits can't be dismissed.

c'mon really?...your trying to get people to buy this?.....there are no "different kinds of vacations" as far as the president being aware and up to date on a full time basis of what's going on in the world. it's been like that for a few decades.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

In my opinion Obama is simply the tool to bring down everything that the US has stood for.

Exactly!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus>>> Its almost always the shill or paid agent that plays the race card.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Ukraine is burning.

Not part of America none of our business.

Gaza is burning.

Not part of America none of our business.
The people that think America should be the worlds police are one of the problems with this nation.

Southern US border is burning.

There are departments of the government that deals with this because the President doesn't micromanage unless you want a dictator in office.

Not any of our business eh ?

Shame that some people on these boards don't feel the same way about 'evil' Isreal.

I love that EPIC double standard.
edit on 21-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Alas...For those of us that have been around for while, this line of political attack is nothing new.

IMO it is no more or less valid than the same articles written about Pres. Bush, Pres. Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter etc. etc.

Not saying that invalidates the complaint, but am saying it seems easy and tired rhetorical pickings?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sicksonezer0

Hes really busy working while hes fumbling with a debit card reader trying to figure out how to use it like the "average man".

Well, speaking as an average man myself, I am constantly having to fumble when using these cards.Different stores, different machines. Some are set to short persons height while others are not. (I'm tall) This requires an ajustment to the position of the machine. Some have cowling to prevent spying from others. This cowling is difficult to use if one has large hands as I do. And what about the ones that are on wobbly bases so that when you swipe the thing jiggles so that you must swipe again.

Some of the machines have a little wider slot which means that some cards will not register unless they are first wrapped in a piece of paper. Some require the strip to be up while other require it to be down. Some work well with a slow stroke while others need a very rapid slide through.

What I am getting at is that the average man has problems using these machines too. I use them several times a day usually and have problems all the time. For someone who has little call to ever use them they may seem daunting.

I recall Bob Dole once (or was it Mitt, dosent' matter) fumbling with one and all the lazy liberals who jumped on the guy about being out of touch with the general population because of it. At the time I thought it such a lame thing.

So my reply is if we are going to randomly find and or make up things to disparage people over, at least we can be more creative than the liberals.
And making slight of a woman's shoulders, well, that is just sad.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

IMO it is no more or less valid than the same articles written about Pres. Bush, Pres. Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter etc. etc.

Not saying that invalidates the complaint, but am saying it seems easy and tired rhetorical pickings?

Agreed to some extent but considering we are on the verge of a new cold war with Russia, the Middle East is falling apart and we could very well be on the verge of WWIII it seems the complaint is more valid at this time.

And now China is making statements not in our favor either.

China Blasts "One-Sided Western Rush To Judge Russia" Over MH17

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Agreed to some extent but considering we are on the verge of a new cold war with Russia, the Middle East is falling apart and we could very well be on the verge of WWIII it seems the complaint is more valid at this time.

Maybe I am just having one of those days, but it seems the above could be said most times over the past decade. Same as it ever was..

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
DP
edit on 21-7-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

This country needs a real LEADER

Not a Golfer in Chief.

Not a Pool Shark in Chief.

Not a Beer Drinker in Chief.

Not a Campaigner in Chief.

Not a Blamer in Chief.

Not an Empty Chair in Chief.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: sicksonezer0

Too funny, I see him watching Too Wong Foo.

I see him watching Idiocracy and guffawing, saying "No, I'm the president!".

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
OH BS!! The NY Times is just mad because Obama isn't as big of a puppet to Israel as he should be. That's the only thing they're sore about and since then they've scrutinized him. But I agree that a vacation should be the last thing on his tiny mind at this point. They seem to be enjoying themselves why the country falls apart and while the world inches closer to war.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Presidents go on vacation most definitely but even as Nancy Reagan pointed out they are never really on vacation. The football is still there, secret service is still there and they are still holding meetings and performing their duties. This is the same thing that happens to every POTUS, Democrat or Republican, they get sh** for the amount of time they spend golfing and or on vacation.

Here's an article from 87 about the Reagan's vacations and I'm sure there were similar articles for Clinton and both Bushes

articles.latimes.com...

Get over it presidents go on vacation. They have what is probably one of the most stressful jobs in the world (not include soldiers) everyone needs downtime.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

With all due respect, the foundation for collapse was laid in 1913 and the collapse happened starting 1971. Since that point, the middle class has been slowly going away in the USA.

Technically the foundation for the USA was there from the very beginning. The foundation was one of corruption... just like any modern government. Its just that it was the least corrupt government the world had ever seen up into that point. The people, free from government corruption, could finally live their lives as free people. And now, we are slaves again.

Obama can do nothing to save America aside from reverse the course of the size of the government, something that is essentially never done by any politician Republican or Democrat. The more Obama goes on vacation, the better. The last think we want is the guy to be at his desk plotting and scheming. The libertarians have been proven correct. A government that is too big, collapses. The smallest national government that ever existed... the one that existed in 1776, resulted in the highest known success ever known to mankind.

RIP USA September 17, 1787 to August 15, 1971. America is now a rotting corpse. Forget about any chance the government is going to shrink. Move to New Hampshire where there is a small government philosophy and not uncoincidentally, a fantastic economy. Costa Rica and Singapore are two other excellent options. Thats were I'll be headed when they start disappearing political opponents... not that I'm political but I'd rather not take any chances.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join