It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tone-Deaf" Obama Mocked By NY Times For Vacationing While World Burns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So while the world burns the emperor in chief goes on vacation, again. Many would say this is rightwing trash talking but in this case not so much. The New York Times is even noticing the out to lunch POTUS. In my opinion Obama is simply the tool to bring down everything that the US has stood for. Or maybe the poor guy's just overworked and can' t handle the stress.

A "Tone-Deaf" Obama Mocked By The NYT For Vacationing While The World Burns

When it comes to mocking president Obama, there is no easier or more effective way than focusing on his vacation/golfing schedule. The conservative Washington Examiner did just that last week, before the latest Malaysian Airlines disaster, when it reported that "It's going to be hot tubs, basketball, tennis and golf for the first family

Yeah well we all know the Examiner is a rightwing anti-Obama hate group (/sarcasm) so what do the leftwing super Obama supporters have to say about the emperors vacations during times of global calamity?

Things get dicier, however, when Obama is mocked and virtually attacked for his vacation plans by none other than that flag-bearer of leftist ideology, the New York Times itself.

That can't be right, the NY Times?? I'm believing in unicorns now.

WASHINGTON — As smoke billowed from the downed Malaysian jetliner in the fields of eastern Ukraine on Thursday, President Obama pressed ahead with his schedule: a cheeseburger with fries at the Charcoal Pit in Delaware, a speech about infrastructure and two splashy fund-raisers in New York City.
Sticking to His Travel Plans, at Risk of Looking Bad

Got it, two splashy fund-raisers. Got to keep the important stuff front and center. So let's focus what's the real issue here?

Will this time be any different for the tone deaf president, and will the first observation of Obama's vacationeering by a liberal outlet force him to change his ways? Or does the world have to finally succumb to at least one mushroom cloud beside the countless fires raging across the globe, before someone in the White House notices? We should find out... but not before Obama comes back from Martha's Vineyard on August 24. Let's just hope that no major wars break out over the next month.

Personally I don't think Obama would notice unless that mushroom cloud was on one of his golf courses. At this point I'm sad to admit I am even an American.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Nero plays the fiddle while Rome burns.

The barbarian hordes are at the gates.

Take it all in people.

The last breathe of a once great country.

Here lies America.

It was great while it lasted.

1776-2014

Our epitaph.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Soon the *Obama followers* will be in here to say that it's a working vacation.

This guy can care less about people as long as he gets a free ride on the backs of tax payers he will do whatever he wants.
edit on Mon Jul 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Lol, he went to charcoal pit. Good im glad, that place sucks. My girlfriend is always trying to get me to go there, its a old run down hamburger joint on rt 202 that serves 3 day old frozen microwaved burgers. The milkshakes there aren't bad.

The best thing to do is share his lavish vacations and lifestyle with your libby friends. I have some people at work I was talking to about this, they simply couldn't beleive that he has a dog trainer that he pays $105k, a full time projectionist, the expensive vacations to aftica and the seperate flights for their lame girly un-american dog bo.

When they dont beleive you, google it for them on your phone. People need to know about this bs that WE ARE PAYING FOR!!!!!

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

lol. I love that argument. Hes really busy working while hes fumbling with a debit card reader trying to figure out how to use it like the "average man".

What hes really doing is laying in his hotel bed for a bulk of the vacation watching the View while eating junk food. And michelle is in her seperate bedroom trying to figure out how to make her shoulders appear more feminine.

How can it be a working vacation, when he doesn't do any actual work when hes at work. I think its more like a vacation vacation.

edit on 20-7-2014 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I agree it looks bad that he is on vacation, but if he wasn't what should he be doing?
Does congress have bills waiting for him to pass regarding these incidents that are happening in the middle east and russia right now?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Air Force and it seems Obama has set a new record for travel expenses paid for by you and me.

The conservative watchdog group obtained travel records from the U.S. Department of the Air Force that show the Obamas racked up $7.4 million during just three trips in 2013 – in flight expenses only.

* The outbound flight to Honolulu for the Obamas’ 2012-13 Christmas vacation cost taxpayers $2, 214, 393.60. The return flight to Washington cost $1,871,961.60. Flight expenditures alone came to $4,086,355.20.

* The outbound flight to California in August, 2013 for Obama to dine with Katzenberg and appear on the “The Tonight Show” cost taxpayers $1,209,926.40. The return flight to Washington cost $935,980.80. Flight expenditures alone came to $2,145,907.20.

* The outbound flight to Martha’s Vineyard for the Obama family’s August vacation cost taxpayers $890,323.20. The return flight to Washington cost $273,945.60. Flight expenditures alone came to $1,164,268.80.

* The grand total of $7,396,531.20, Judicial Watch pointed out, only accounted for flight expenses for the three trips.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sicksonezer0

Too funny, I see him watching Too Wong Foo.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80
I agree it looks bad that he is on vacation, but if he wasn't what should he be doing?

If you have time to lean, you have time to clean.

He could be... gee i dont know, being a statesman, leading? He could be giving a real speach of substance addressing the MANY MANY MANY issues that lay before him.

WTH do you mean what else would he be doing? He should be doing what I am paying him to do.

edit on 20-7-2014 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
So I am just wondering do we get to call all the presidents from now on "emperor in chief" or is it just the one we have now?

If it is all of them then I am cool with it. If it is just this one then I am a bit confused.

I am pretty sure Michelle isn't planing to run for office so at least we won't have a repeat of the Bush or Clinton thing.
edit on 20-7-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It depends how the next one acts.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

The most definitive form of a real welfare case in the United States, Obama et al. I am just trying to figure out how I can get a puppet on the dole.

Cheers - Dave

+5 more 
link   

How about meeting with the DoD, conferring with the UN and stop just blaming others (Russia) while keeping us in the loop. How about a plan to ratchet down the escalation of hostilities in Ukraine. Don't even get me started with Gaza.

Vacations, fund raisers, golf and hot tubs just really get to me. Maybe I was expecting too much from a president.

link   

Former service member eh? Heard that phrase one to many times.

So you just want him in front of a camera giving speeches, what does that really do but allow him to blow more smoke?
It doesn't actually change anything. Has congress done any work in this time of american crisis or are they still dread locked not doing anything either? Are their bills waiting on his desk right now awaiting approval that he is ignoring while his is on vacation?

He is getting called out for being on vacation during times of crisis in other countries, so what about those does he need to be doing right now?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Vacations, fund raisers, golf and hot tubs just really get to me. Maybe I was expecting too much from a president.

Ya I think you are expecting to much of a US president, the last one liked to take a lot of vacations too.
Aside from physically sending troops to either place there isn't much we can do. Maybe arm ukraine a little more but that is just going to piss off putin. Let the EU deal the EU's problems.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Grimpachi

It depends how the next one acts.

Can you elaborate? What exactly does one need to to do to earn such a title?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

When did I say I was a former service member? Get your facts straight.

There is a multitude of other things he can do, congress has nothing to do with his extreme amount of vacations.

Especially when the usual rhetoric is "I will not rest..."

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The article left me wondering whether I should be laughing or crying.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Ya I think you are expecting to much of a US president, the last one liked to take a lot of vacations too.

Yeah and he buried our country in two stupid wars. Agreed. Now he's gone and we're dealing with "Son of Bush" the great Obama and things are still going south.

I'm just surprised to see the NY Times actually acknowledging the problem we are struggling under. They've been an administration cheering section since he got in office. Maybe folks are beginning to have enough.

edit on 213pm0707pm112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

There is a multitude of other things he can do, congress has nothing to do with his extreme amount of vacations.

I really don't know the answer to this question but since you said he takes an extreme amount of vacations can you elaborate on how many more he has taken compared to previous presidencies?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join