It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tone-Deaf" Obama Mocked By NY Times For Vacationing While World Burns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: sicksonezer0

Ya i fail to see that as calling you a liar or insulting your character.
You see the question mark at the end? What does that symbolize outside of the sentence being a question?
I guess I should of added I heard it one to many times while I was in the service, maybe that would have made it more clear.
Apology is still on the table for the misunderstanding

Apoligy accepted and thank you for your service.

edit on 20-7-2014 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Grimpachi

Hope and change my friend.

What about it?

You said he hasn't done anything. There was a lot of hope he would.

Still I am trying to understand how the title of emperor and chief is applied and how it will fit the next presidency you haven't really explained that.

Are you saying any president from here on out that has a slogan earns the title or any president from here on out that doesn't live up to expectations will earn that title?

I think either case will mean they all will. Anyway can you please elaborate and be a bit more precise?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Honcho

While I can understand your perspective I'm not buying it.

Congress can do something as well. Or even the U.N. for that matter. He's only one person, and our government was designed to NOT be dependent on just one person.

I've answered this in a previous post but the guy seems to flat out not give a damn. Perception is important and Obama has given the entire world the perception that he really doesn't give a damn.

What is it that people want him to do about Israel and Palestine? Send troops to fight a fight that isn't really ours in the first place? Send troops to the Ukraine to flex our muscles at the Russian Federation?

How about telling Israel if they don't stop bombing children the US is done with them? How about telling Hamas if they don't stop firing rockets he will go to the UN and push for intervention against them. How about actually meeting with Putin to resolve the problems in Ukraine (which I lay at the feet of George Soros NGO's and the CIA.)

There are lots of things a real leader could do. Unfortunately Obama isn't a leader.

link   
The world was coming to an end in the 90's when Clinton was getting action in the oval office from interns. Democrats quit their party and went Republican. He was a draft dodging liar. He was the biggest disgrace in the history of the office. He was impeached. But it was all HW Bush's fault.

Bush was an absolute moron. He got us involved in two incredibly lengthy wars. He literally oversaw the crashing of the worlds economy. He left office amidst absolute ruin. He did so poorly that we elected a black Democrat next, amazing! Disgrace to the office. But it was all Clinton's fault.

Obama is vacationing while the world burns. We're being invaded by illegals. Russia is destabilizing Eastern Europe. Israel is invading Gaza. He's a disgrace to the office. It's all W Bush's fault.

See the trend? I've been watching this merry go round for years now. It doesn't change. Life goes on.

link   
If you don't get it then that's on you.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I didint know the world was burning, its just another sunday evening, did fox have a alex jones marthon today ?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

What about it?

Still I am trying to understand how the title of emperor and chief is applied and how it will fit the next presidency you haven't really explained that.

Are you saying any president from here on out that has a slogan earns the title or any president from here on out that doesn't live up to expectations will earn that title?

I think either case will mean they all will. Anyway can you please elaborate and be a bit more precise?

I think what he is alluding to is the use of ill do this with a stroke of a pen, executive fiat, "ill bypass congress" and the coming illegal alien invasion that some think will change our republic going forward.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

The world "ended" @ 6 years ago. The pretense of a stable economy is only being kept because the Fed pumps 85 billion into the stock market on a monthly basis.

Obama is currently piloting the sinking ship. But the iceberg hit it during Bush's term.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sicksonezer0

What about it?

I think what he is alluding to is the use of ill do this with a stroke of a pen, executive fiat, "ill bypass congress" and the coming illegal alien invasion that some think will change our republic going forward.

So your saying it is about executive orders.

Can I ask how much has he used executive orders compared to previous presidencies?

Has it been a lot more?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Perception is important and Obama has given the entire world the perception that he really doesn't give a damn.

I also think the perception is anyone can do whatever they want, and we wont do a damn thing about it, even though we say we "might...maybe.. yeah... theres a red line.... that has wheels on it"

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

If you don't get it then that's on you.

Well if you can't explain it then I guess I won't get it.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

What about it?

Can I ask how much has he used executive orders compared to previous presidencies?

Has it been a lot more?

I think its about substance. You often seem confused when responding to posts, there is a website called google.com that can answer most of your questions.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me troll someone else.
edit on 20-7-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sicksonezer0

He knows damn well what we mean but he wants to be cute.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Nero plays the fiddle while Rome burns.

The barbarian hordes are at the gates.

Take it all in people.

The last breathe of a once great country.

Here lies America.

It was great while it lasted.

1776-2014

Our epitaph.

Obamashazzar, the writings on the wall.

“Then from his presence the hand was sent, and this writing was inscribed. And this is the writing that was inscribed: Mene, Mene, Tekel, and Parsin. This is the interpretation of the matter: Mene, God has numbered the days of your kingdom and brought it to an end; Tekel, you have been weighed in the balances and found wanting; Peres, your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.””(Daniel 5:17-23 ESV)

Has he so defiled and maimed the executive office to the point of killing all political will, or hope for the next go around. Has the presidency lost its potency, it no longer means what it used to. What division do we get to look forward to?

Personally I still think there's hope. And pray that there are men hanging around the office who will not be afraid to lead us back to a thriving democracy.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

lol

Seems like a typical statist response to a failing argument.

"Well, I see your point, but can you list every possible example so I may find one shred of information to attempt to derail your argument?"

"Please submit the example in a Excel spreadsheet that doesn't exceed 3 gigabytes"

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

What about it?

Has it been a lot more?

I think its about substance. You often seem confused when responding to posts, there is a website called google.com that can answer most of your questions.

Well google is great I use it often however you guys have an opinion and google isn't so great for understanding how you came to your opinions.

I asked some questions like how many more vacations or executive orders has he made or taken compared to previous presidencies which we both know doesn't support your opinions.

So "emperor and chief" it is from here on out it seems. Like I said before I am good with that because it will be fun watching the other side squirm when it is thrown out there. Personally I couldn't give a $h!t as I am an independent I was just wondering if any of you could rationally explain your position on it.

Y'all couldn't.
edit on 20-7-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me troll someone else.

It wasn't a mind trick it was some simple questions maybe your from JarJar Biks tribe if you think they were hard.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

So "emperor and chief" it is from here on out it seems.

Personally I couldn't give a $h!t as I am an independent

"Emperor in Chief" was my statement, not the NYT's. Just how I feel about the way this pathetic president acts (in front of the whole world no less.)

As an Anarchist I believe you Independents are too caught up in the political machine.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

So "emperor and chief" it is from here on out it seems.

Personally I couldn't give a $h!t as I am an independent

"Emperor in Chief" was my statement, not the NYT's. Just how I feel about the way this pathetic president acts (in front of the whole world no less.)

As an Anarchist I believe you Independents are too caught up in the political machine.

LOL that's cool. I know it was your statement, but they tried to defend it so it was interesting to see how hey tried.

I can't really get behind anarchism they can never get their S*&t together.HAHA

As an independent I am sort of in the machine I give you that. I pay attention and never swear allegiance to any of them every election I vote according to whom I think will be better and not by their affiliation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join