It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tone-Deaf" Obama Mocked By NY Times For Vacationing While World Burns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: sicksonezer0

I didn't mean to assume that you were, meant to phrase that as more of a question. I apologize, it is just only service members that i have heard say the phrase " If there is time to lean then there is time to clean"
I agree that congress has nothing to do with his vacations but they do have relevance when we start talking about presidential action, cause if I have learned anything, if obama acts with out congressional approval then he is king emperor dictator obama. And we wouldn't want that now would we

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Some see his failures and destructive agendas, others see them all as successes.

In the eye of his true master he's earned his vacation.

He's going to need the R&R because his most important tasks are just ahead now.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

can you elaborate on how many more he has taken compared to previous presidencies?

Maybe it's not the amount of vacations but when he takes them.

/Ukraine is burning.
/Gaza is burning.
/Southern US border is burning.
/Don't make me go on.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

There is a multitude of other things he can do, congress has nothing to do with his extreme amount of vacations.

I really don't know the answer to this question but since you said he takes an extreme amount of vacations can you elaborate on how many more he has taken compared to previous presidencies?

So, you dont think he has been a little overboard with his vacations? You can pretend to be confused all you want, but the fact is he is the current president, not bush.

I also really dont care about past precendents that have been set on the vacation margin, it has to stop. Its rediculous. He has presided over the largest accumulation of debt of any president, I think that merits less vacation for him.

If I did as bad of a job as he did where I work, the last thing I would be thinking about is a vacation.

edit on 20-7-2014 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

It depends how the next one acts.

Can you elaborate? What exactly does one need to to do to earn such a title?

That's the thing you earn the title by not doing anything and expecting everything handed to you on a platter, now if you want to earn the respect of being called a president then all one has to do is be and act like a leader.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

I'm just surprised to see the NY Times actually acknowledging the problem we are struggling under. They've been an administration cheering section since he got in office. Maybe folks are beginning to have enough.

I do agree here, but it could be them just appeasing to another set of viewers/readers to make sure they keep the illusion of being balanced.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I don't know if you find this interesting, but let's start with the idea that Obama goes to expensive exotic places. Agreed?

And while Bush spent more time outside of Washington than Obama, it is also worth nothing that nearly all of Bush's vacations were trips back to his Texas ranch or family vacation homes in Maine.

The Post, in 2005, conceded that Bush's vacations--unlike Obama's--were not lavish and he did not "make time for fun."
"Bush rarely takes the type of vacation one would consider exotic -- or, to some, even appealing," the Post wrote. "His notion of relaxation is chopping cedar on his ranch or mountain biking through rough terrain, all in 100-degree-plus temperatures in dusty Texas where crickets are known to roast on the summer pavement. He seems to relish the idea of exposing aides and reporters to the hothouse environment."

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Well I guess I could agree with such a description but it doesn't really fit with what the poster said as he/she said it was an extreme amount.

In my opinion if there is a war going on no president should be taking vacations especialy if they started them however that hasnt stope any president in my lifetime from enjoying themselves.

My opinion is they all suck, but I just want to shed some perspective on the matters as it seems people lose theirs when it isn't their team. BTW neither team is my team.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I didn't mean to assume that you were, meant to phrase that as more of a question. I apologize, it is just only service members that i have heard say the phrase " If there is time to lean then there is time to clean"

Ray Kroc coined the phrase. And you did assume while trying to insult my character by calling me a liar. Apoligy not accepted.

edit on 20-7-2014 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Or maybe obama has gone rogue enough that the left leaning press is seeing him as a threat to their beloved party?

I have a news flash for them... Obama doesn't care for them or their party... He doesn't need them now...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I sort of agree that it's not the greatest timing to go on vacation. Mainly because of the whole illegal alien situation. Though that is actually happening here on our soil, thus making us the ones who need to deal with it.

BUT, and this is a big but...

What exactly is Obama supposed to do? People go insane when he sits there and declares something that needs to be done, yet they end up going crazy when he ends up not declaring something anyway, or ignores it, it's a little hard for the guy to win honestly. Congress can do something as well. Or even the U.N. for that matter. He's only one person, and our government was designed to NOT be dependent on just one person. Having him stomp his foot down and say "We need to do this here, and do this there." Is actually ironically imperial behavior.

What is it that people want him to do about Israel and Palestine? Send troops to fight a fight that isn't really ours in the first place? Send troops to the Ukraine to flex our muscles at the Russian Federation? (Been down that road before.) Send troops back to Iraq and start another war with a new group of terrorists extremists? These things that are happening aren't even really our fault. Why is it that we American's and the U.S.A. in general are responsible for these things? I don't see how these are our problem. I get that people would want to help them, but the only kind of help we ever do is in the form of bombs and bullets. That's just gas in the fire.

Take a look at what Bush did when he found out about 9/11. And this was an actual catastrophe INSIDE of our own country. One of the worst American attacks in history. He simply sat there and continued reading a book with a class of kids.

I'm not sticking up for Obama, so don't call me some kind of ultra leftist or something. But come on, what is it that you guys want him to do about these global issues? There aren't many options outside of military intervention. And that option isn't a very good idea.

link   

So, you dont think he has been a little overboard with his vacations? You can pretend to be confused all you want, but the fact is he is the current president, not bush.

Well I did ask how much more he has taken vacation from previous presidencies. I think it was stated it was an extreme amount.

So what is the norm? How much did he go over the norm?

I also really dont care about past precendents that have been set on the vacation margin, it has to stop.

Oh I see it is just this presidency and the statement was simply hyperbole.

Why didn't you say so in the first place?

link   

originally posted by: sicksonezer0

Ray Kroc coined the phrase. And you did assume while trying to insult my character by calling me a liar. Apoligy not accepted.

do you feel me calling you a former service member was an insult to your character?
And never did I call you a liar, so lets get your facts .
Please quote me where i called you a liar

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: Sremmos80

Or maybe obama has gone rogue enough that the left leaning press is seeing him as a threat to their beloved party?

I have a news flash for them... Obama doesn't care for them or their party... He doesn't need them now...

They see the storm coming, they want to distance themselves from the name Obama, plus there is probably a profit motive there. The profit motive being they see people disapprove of Obama, they want to attract readership to their rag.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Most AMERICANs get what one vacation a year? The obama (won't capitalize), is on vacation every time you turn around... Look at his wife and daughters, always vacationing...

...Well sure why not when every other working AMERICAN is paying for it, while the rest of the world is burning.

..Well sh*t it's time for another vacation! See you guys at the holocaust party!!! Don't worry I'll bring the beer!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

It depends how the next one acts.

Can you elaborate? What exactly does one need to to do to earn such a title?

That's the thing you earn the title by not doing anything and expecting everything handed to you on a platter, now if you want to earn the respect of being called a president then all one has to do is be and act like a leader.

Oh so he hasn't done anything. Seems to me he gets blamed for doing a lot of things wrong. Well there a lot of presidents who haven't done much some were considered pretty good.

So we can't blame him for changing things we can only blame him for keeping the staus quo and that will earn presidents of titles of emperor and chief?
edit on 20-7-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Former service member eh? Heard that phrase one to many times.

There ya go. Maybe i just misunderstood. Im a hot head at night

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Hope and change my friend.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I recall him convincing everyone to sacrifice for a little while so we could pay off the debt, I guess he meant that for just us working folks.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Ya i fail to see that as calling you a liar or insulting your character.
You see the question mark at the end? What does that symbolize outside of the sentence being a question?
I guess I should of added I heard it one to many times while I was in the service, maybe that would have made it more clear.
Apology is still on the table for the misunderstanding

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join