It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Hid Huge Spike Of Families Crossing Border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

True, there are thousands of deaths caused by illegals. When I have brought that up in past threads I was called names for doing so. I'd get ridiculous replies like, "Well, we have citizens who do the same." Like what the hell? The crimes committed by the illegals could have been prevented. Then they tell you, "Well a citizen could have killed them instead." They will say anything to avoid the truth. If it were their family member that were killed I'm sure they wouldn't be so pro illegal. I have a friend online who lost his only son because of an illegal being here and our laws not being enforced. It is an outrage yet some people evidently are ok with that. Makes me sick!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
So you're just wasting your time.

True, besides it really doesn't matter what a handful of anonymous people on the net believe, they will get due process.

You often see people complaining about selective application of the law who also choose to ignore the parts of immigration law that grant everyone a right to a hearing.
edit on 22-7-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

South Texas Customs and Border Protection agents have been ordered to release pregnant illegal immigrants, as well as those who merely claim to be pregnant, an agent working in the Rio Grande Valley sector has exclusively revealed to Infowars.

Here we go again...anchor babies and free medical, cheap housing, food stamps, while we have citizens living on the streets and hungry.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
a reply to: [post=18169232]xuenchen[/post
]Dear xuenchen, If I may, I would like to ask you what the appropriate response of our government should be to this dilemma. Should each and every immigrant/refugee that shows up at the border be instantly returned, without even getting off the bus? This raises the question of legal due process. Is not every prospective immigrant/refugee entitled to a hearing by a Judge? Do you possibly agree that any of these people are worthy of consideration for refugee status?

Well

It's not too hard to come to logical conclusions and opinions.

based on this.......

90% of illegals skip immigration court appearances; 135,000 will go missing

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Wasn't hard for ol' Ben Franklin either:
"it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer".

edit on 22-7-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Wasn't hard for ol' Ben Franklin either:
"it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer".

We have millions of people suffering without jobs, without homes, without enough food to eat. Illegal immigration has had a negative impact on this Country for too many years. They have been catered to while our own citizens suffer.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
None of that has anything to do with the principle that Franklin was talking about and yes I'm sure they had citizens that were down and out when he wrote that.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I'm sure he didn't anticipate the rash of laws that wouldn't be enforced either.

Not to mention selective enforcements and selective EOs and Memo and Directives and regulations.

Or even millions of people never showing up for court.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Actually, the principle is about the state letting guilty people off, so I think that it fits exactly what you are describing. Why would numbers make the principle any less applicable?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Dear Mr. X! How many of these recent immigrants/refugees have been afforded court hearings? Please focus and try to address my earlier questions, Please tell me what the appropriate disposition should be for these people!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

"This entire thread is a wingnut fringe fantasy. We hear the same propaganda terms being used, like "Cloward-Piven", over and over again and the same youtube videos being posted...again. Many people in this thread have an obvious agenda and are more concerned with bashing Obama, regardless of the issue at hand.

So you're just wasting your time."

Dear sheepslayer (Oh the poor sheep!) Sorry, but one thing I am not doing is wasting my time. (I do plenty of that away from ATS). Anyway, this is a matter of what defines the USA. Sorry, but the right wing, exclusionary know-nothing reactionaries have failed before miserably, and they will fail again this time miserably. Yes, USA is truly exceptional.

edit on 22-7-2014 by Diderot because: mistake? What mistake?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
Dear Mr. X! How many of these recent immigrants/refugees have been afforded court hearings? Please focus and try to address my earlier questions, Please tell me what the appropriate disposition should be for these people!

I imagine most get assigned a court date and most are released.

But most won't show up.

The "proper" disposition ?

Hard to know isn't it.

After missing court, many if not most won't be "prosecuted".

Start from the beginning.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I have been reading that everywhere. Most won't show up. Hell, they knowingly have gang members coming through and don't seem to care. Wonder who's neighborhood they will show up in?

link   
New dream theme song....

The Crew Cuts - Sh Boom Sh Boom ( Life Could Be A Dream )

www.youtube.com...

link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

"Unfortunately philosophical single sentences do not address the reality of dealing with 60,000 illegals and the additional load they place on our system. America is truly exceptional, but it didn't get that way letting our system become overloaded with illegals and ignoring the citizens of our own country. So many like to talk legality of illegals, and what as human beings we should be doing. None want to face the reality of what this cost. At 17 trillion dollars in debt we are way past affording it.

Like most that want justice, caring, and jobs for illegals, they also want the homeless taken care of but not one will have the homeless stay at their house. This is the difference between reality and fantasy it always sounds good, until its your wallet they reach into. Love to hate me, hate to love me it doesn't matter, supporting this is just thinking with your heart and not your head. I am waiting for my dinner invite.. The whole famdamily is packed."

Either you made a mistake, or you created a fantastic new word "famdamily"! I love it! Either way, you raise a bunch of critical points. We need to take care of the problems we already have, like homelessness, unemployment, hunger, etc.
I heartily agree. But, but, what does that mean? Extending unemployment insurance, or food stamps, or WIC, or welfare, for example? Perhaps you disagree.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

"I imagine most get assigned a court date and most are released.

But most won't show up.

The "proper" disposition ?

Hard to know isn't it.

After missing court, many if not most won't be "prosecuted".

Start from the beginning."

I see. So we are working from your imagination. Given that a planeload of Hondurans has already been returned, perhaps your imagination is working overtime.

edit on 22-7-2014 by Diderot because: "r"

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

So many like to talk legality of illegals, and what as human beings we should be doing. None want to face the reality of what this cost. At 17 trillion dollars in debt we are way past affording it.

Had we have never allowed the hiring of illegals for jobs, accepted anchor babies as American citizens and stopped all benefits to illegals, they wouldn't have a reason to be here. It has cost us billions in education for them alone.

We need to take care of the problems we already have, like homelessness, unemployment, hunger, etc.
I heartily agree. But, but, what does that mean? Extending unemployment insurance, or food stamps, or WIC, or welfare, for example? Perhaps you disagree.

You wouldn't have to keep extending unemployment insurance or welfare to so many people if the illegals weren't here being employed. We have working papers for seasonal jobs, we don't need millions upon millions of illegals here working in so many areas of the workforce. There have been solutions, but our Government wants those illegals here and don't care about her own people. This has been planned for whatever reason and it is a nightmare!

edit on 22-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

You really need to read all the links in this and the other thread.

The answers you ask for are there.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412
Let's begin at this point. When the USA engages anybody, foreign or domestic, there is a certain minimal standard that is required by U.S. law. When an Honduran (for example) reaches the US border and is apprehended, then they become subject to US law. Of course they are illegal, but they are subject to U.S. law. U.S. law provides a basic entitlement of due process. Does any American claim that they are not entitled to this legal due process?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join