It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Hid Huge Spike Of Families Crossing Border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Diderot

I keep hearing that so many will not show up. So many in the past never even showed up, which means they are running around somewhere and no one knows where or what they are up to. It will take years to process such staggering numbers. How many will actually show up for their hearing?

As I said on my post, how long would it take once court appointed lawyers are assigned? Then the 12 million already here will want hearings. How does this make sense to anyone? The system is already abused, and corrupted. Someone has to start using some smarts at some point in this Obama immigration program, by human peregrination.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
The difference between Mexican and other Central American immigrants/refugees, is that Mexican officials are readily available at the border to deal with Mexicans. An Honduran, or Salvadoran, for instance, usually involves a long distance exchange, involving an airflight. and further complications. The current law reasonably takes this into consideration.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
a reply to: Night Star
Let's consider what made America what it is. We are a melting pot, or rather a salad bowl of cultures. We all came here, and that is in respectful deference to Native Americans who came here so much earlier than we did. Along with pride comes responsibility, and we have so much of both.

I think you should invite me to dinner, but when I get there I have brought with me my entire family, my neighborhood, and all of my friends. For argument sake thats 100 people, your neighbor sees us fill the house the yard and your garage. We are all hungry and are not leaving until we are fed. The neighbor says hey tell him you're a refugee, they at least have to keep you there until they give you a hearing. Ole Diderot can afford it, he has the bucks.

So now we all are at your house for months being fed, clothed, housed, medicated, guarded, and you have to give us some money for incidentals. The legal system is bogged down, it might even be a year if we don't run off after all these expenses so we don't have to pay it back. We heard your house was a great melting pot. Never mind the evil looking guys they just helped us get here. My sister is pregnant BTW and needs a "C" section, and crap I crash your second car by accident. Hope you have insurance for unlicensed drivers.

This makes sense to you?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The difference between Mexican and other Central American immigrants/refugees, is that Mexican officials are readily available at the border to deal with Mexicans. An Honduran, or Salvadoran, for instance, usually involves a long distance exchange, involving an airflight. and further complications. The current law reasonably takes this into consideration.

They came through Mexico first to get here so send them back there and let Mexico deal with it.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Let's consider what made America what it is. We are a melting pot, or rather a salad bowl of cultures. We all came here, and that is in respectful deference to Native Americans who came here so much earlier than we did. Along with pride comes responsibility, and we have so much of both.

We shouldn't have to be responsible because other Countries don't care for their own people. We have our own poor, homeless and hungry people. We have our own frightened people who won't allow their kids to play in their own back yards for fear the kid will get shot. We need to care for our people first and then if possible help others.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace
Dear MG, I have to say that you are the poster that I love to hate, or should I say that I hate to love? But please trust me, there is more love than hate. All I will say is that you and I, or America is truly exceptional; we have come to where we are now, because Justice has always been the guiding light of our destiny. We are today no less than what we have been, or should be.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Dear NS, Truer words were never spoken. We as Americans have a moral duty to improve the quality of life of our own. That is a given. But our USA has our tentacles in everyone's business. Power and priviledge demand submission. As you have heard, the lust for money (meaning power) is an unspeakable evil. Having said that, what is the saving grace of humanity?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

They came through Mexico first to get here so send them back there and let Mexico deal with it.

And that alone is part of the "Conspiracy".

I think we've seen some evidence from other threads about Mexico making temporary visa deals with the other countries involved.

Just enough to get the "migrants" through to the U.S. border.

This isn't just happening all by itself.

Plenty of big money help all the way through.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Dear NS, So this is a Mexican problem? An amazing solution. Since all of the distressing bad things that happen south of the Rio Grande, then that means that it's Mexico's problem. Right! The insatiable demand for narcotics is all Mexico's problem, for example. If only Mexico was as moral and righteous as we were...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
"It's more about why the Administration is lying and hiding and deflecting, and why the legal "selectivity" is in play."

Dear X, I would be happy to hear where the Administration is lying and hiding and deflecting (Lions and tigers, and bears, on my!) (Sorry about that!) I have a fundamental question. Is this not a possible humanitarian crisis? Are there not any of these immigrant/refugees that are truly deserving of refugee status? Do you simply disbelieve the horror stories that I suspect you have heard of regarding the return on some them? If you believe that the USA is exceptional, then what does that mean?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: searching411
Are you possibly suggesting that non-citizens in the custody of the United States are entitled to zero due process under U.S. law? So the absence of due process means that anything and everything that might happen to them is okay?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao
Okay, I think that you are saying that they're not entitled to due process of law, and that they don't deserve a fair hearing. If you are saying that a human being on American soil does not deserve a fair hearing, then I believe that you are a lost soul.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I would ask you, what might be the fate of these immigrants/refugees that are returned to Central America, those children who are terrorized by gangs and cartels? Perhaps you feel that it is just a scam. Just how sure are you?

THAT. IS. NOT. MY. PROBLEM.!!!!!!!!!!

If we had a president who would stop rather than encourage what is happening, then we wouldn't be having this discussion right now

The guilt trip doesn't work with me
Their fate is their problem ---not mine nor my neighbors

Send them ALL back home where they came from
We've got enough gangs of our own in the US, we don't need to add more to the list

Neither our country nor the American people can afford to take care of these illegals
We have enough problems in the US as is without adding to the burden, especially financially

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

a reply to: tsingtao
Okay, I think that you are saying that they're not entitled to due process of law, and that they don't deserve a fair hearing. If you are saying that a human being on American soil does not deserve a fair hearing, then I believe that you are a lost soul.

How in the hell do you justify a 'fair trial' when they came here ILLEGALLY to begin with???????
When people follow the proper channels, then yes, they are entitled to a 'fair trial'

But as it stands, shooting at border agents, sneaking in illegally --- HELL NO ---they are not entitled to a damn thing except a bus ride out of here!!!!!!!

Basically, you want to reward bad behavior i.e. entering illegally, with a fair trial?!
Now THAT doesn't make sense

You want tax payers to foot their bill.......literally

No thanks.....send them back home

edit on 21-7-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

a reply to: MarlinGrace
Dear MG, I have to say that you are the poster that I love to hate, or should I say that I hate to love? But please trust me, there is more love than hate. All I will say is that you and I, or America is truly exceptional; we have come to where we are now, because Justice has always been the guiding light of our destiny. We are today no less than what we have been, or should be.

Unfortunately philosophical single sentences do not address the reality of dealing with 60,000 illegals and the additional load they place on our system. America is truly exceptional, but it didn't get that way letting our system become overloaded with illegals and ignoring the citizens of our own country. So many like to talk legality of illegals, and what as human beings we should be doing. None want to face the reality of what this cost. At 17 trillion dollars in debt we are way past affording it.

Like most that want justice, caring, and jobs for illegals, they also want the homeless taken care of but not one will have the homeless stay at their house. This is the difference between reality and fantasy it always sounds good, until its your wallet they reach into. Love to hate me, hate to love me it doesn't matter, supporting this is just thinking with your heart and not your head. I am waiting for my dinner invite.. The whole famdamily is packed.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
ILLEGAL. What part of ILLEGAL do they not understand?

Send them home and let them go through the process just like everyone else.

Close the borders, and use OUR money to take care of OUR people. Anyone who wants to become a US citizen can do it the right way, legally.

Isn't that what laws are for?

Geeezo...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteMagicWoman
ILLEGAL. What part of ILLEGAL do they not understand?

Send them home and let them go through the process just like everyone else.

Close the borders, and use OUR money to take care of OUR people. Anyone who wants to become a US citizen can do it the right way, legally.

Isn't that what laws are for?

Geeezo...

Agreed. Gov Perry is expected to make the announcement today, he is calling in 1,000 National Guard to man the border.

Let's see if Obama sends in his own militia aka DOJ to put a halt to it.

Perry expected to call up National Guard to Rio Grande Valley
Governor to activate 1,000 National Guardsmen amid growing wave of resistance to feds' efforts to shelter kids
www.chron.com...

Des

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
And now another "undercover" directive is exposed....

A pernicious, little-known Obama administration policy – one that that incentivizes adult illegal immigrants to use children as human shields to escape arrest and deportation at the border – largely has escaped the media’s notice.

This same policy is driving the historic surge of children at the border, as everyone from coyotes to illegal immigrant adults already in America seeks to use children to guarantee their safe passage into the country, or to protect them from deportation if they are illegally living here.

The brutal Obama policy that's really driving the Border Crisis

Thread...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

a reply to: JohnPhoenix
Dear JP, I must say that your opening salvo about the Kenyan B.Hussein Obama turns your post into a wingnut fringe fantasy. If you seek to change minds, then perhaps you should seek another vehicle. There is still a bit of steam left in the Benghazi outrage. Have you heard from Orly Taitz lately? At least she might be able to cure your toothache.

This entire thread is a wingnut fringe fantasy. We hear the same propaganda terms being used, like "Cloward-Piven", over and over again and the same youtube videos being posted...again. Many people in this thread have an obvious agenda and are more concerned with bashing Obama, regardless of the issue at hand.

So you're just wasting your time.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Back to the cause.

We see the widely abused "Proprietorial Discretion" by the Administration.

The "Legal" process starts with the border agents and the directives (not necessarily laws) that guide their decisions.

Cases don't get to "Court" immediately and many if not most "immigrants" don't show up for "Court".

That's a simple explanation.

Then we see results like this...
4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join