It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Broken Shell in Gale Crater! Curiosity Sol 688.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Arken

looks like some rocks to me buddie

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Czulkang

looks like some rocks to me buddie

FOSSILS are Rocks.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
sure does look like a shell to me, good find OP.

S&F

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

And the tool you've never seen? To me it looks like somebody attempted to photoshop (very badly I might add) a cucumber onto the rover...either that or the rover just said, "is that a rock in your pocket?" "Cause baby I'm not a robosexual...."

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

how about pinching one or two of Jupiter's moons ? im sure they wouldn't be missed

funbox

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Howdy,

Not a big deal, but fossils aren't actually rocks... They're a component of some sedimentary (and on rare occasion metamorphic) rocks, and some rocks are almost entirely composed of fossils, but a fossil by itself is not a rock. Calling a fossil a rock is equivalent to saying a grain of silica sand, essentially a small quartz crystal, is a rock.

Again, not a big deal... Semantics, really, but there is a difference, and some people might care more about it than I do...

Regards,
Hydeman

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Shell city mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
6 and 10 oclockish.

Good find, and remember arken, they deny and ignore!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: johnbr216

Awesome! You used "robosexual" in a sentence on ATS! I gave you a star just for that, and for mocking the knuckleheads at NASA for keeping the "dream" alive ! "Curiosity", the should have named it "Lee Lemon" instead. The funny thing? they keep sending a better mouse trap up to Mars, but there are NO MICE! Send some humans, i nominate King barrack and lady hillary! they're both clueless and a drag on society anyway (close third? kardashians - hands down)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hydeman11

also "fossil" denotes at one time it may have been alive. which in the case of Mars has already been proven impossible. Mars, is dead. was dead. and will remain dead. the truth hurts i know, but why not put your resources and vigor into a real challenge, like proving the Apollo program was a hoax or the hillary and barrack aren't BALD FACE LIARS. Just like NASA! There aren't any Mars rovers! ALl those pictures your talking about comes from an old garage on the campus at UC Berkley! Yes. I am so into POISONING the NASA Mars Rover Programs, because they are USELESS and take money away from important things, like bringing young democrats to the usa from guatemala and ecuador or stopping that hissing noise that comes from Joe Biddens head !

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tencap77

Howdy,

Yes, once being a part of a living organism is important. (Kudos, by the way, I almost missed your tone...)

To keep things on topic...

I've seen more than enough fossils and ripple marks (nice to live on sedimentary rock, even if the mineral collection is less than wonderful) to say I think those are more than likely ripple marks/other structural elements(plagioclase cleavage or differential weathering...). I just collected some fossils today, found some external bivalve molds and ammonoids, which others have proposed. They were garbage fossils, but I saw them in person TODAY. With those fresh in my mind, I am even more convinced that that rock is structural.

That said, the majority of rock on Mars is supposed to be basalt, so plagioclase cleavage or flow pattern with differential weathering are more likely than ripples, when thought of in context... Then again, for all I know that rock could just be a lump of clay the rover ran over and kicked away. It has nearly the same tread pattern, right? Right?

Regards,
Hydeman

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: symptomoftheuniverse
6 and 10 oclockish.

Thx for the link.

Clearly an ancient acquatic environment.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
"All these worlds are yours; except Europa. Attempt no landings there."

that would make up some of the mass needed but not the majority of it. it might be better to leave native worlds alone and go for debris.

originally posted by: funbox

how about pinching one or two of Jupiter's moons ? im sure they wouldn't be missed

funbox

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: symptomoftheuniverse
6 and 10 oclockish.

Very interesting picture, seems to be half-rocks all over (some look like egg-shells opened apart, I know they're not, but can't large rocks lay tiny eggs?). Impressive field of "shells", nice find.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

hmm im at a loss then, ide say maybe the downgraded Pluto but it'd be such a teed to go collect.. maybe we're just not destined to go into the finer points of luxury world building, and for my preferred world , I doubt there would be enough chocolate cornflake cake around to make it

funBox

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Slartibartfast says it's mostly easy but the fjords take some artistry.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

the man was vain enough to Pen his signature in them , surely a contravention in the planetary construction guidelines?

funbox

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join