It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Preparing for Ground Invasion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
The reason? Tel Aviv is at most an hours drive from Gaza. Like 40 miles?

To let the Islamics store more weapons etc is not an option when you are within spitting distance from an Israeli point of view. Right or wrong you need to knock out your opponent every now and then before he gets strong and can cause you real damage.

Yeah.

So it is better to roll in heavy artillery and airstrikes.
Even if there was a small cache of shoulder fired rockets and rusty AK series rifles...how will that make you look as a nation? Just ask the US. The new pariah. But we're lucky there are two huge oceans keeping attacks at bay.

Israel. Not so much. Plus all this Islamic State thing (sounds like a bad community college), and a TON of sympathetic nations and half baked tribal states from the Arab Spring armed...
...all they need is a motive and a reason.

Yeah, demus...that's exactly the nation that wants a little payback I had in mind.

it makes you think - .that's exactly the nation that wants a little payback I had in mind.

would it be possible that the Israel want major escalation?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Al Jazeera reporting a Hospital has been hit by an air strike.. A war crime under
International law.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

They have been stirring the proverbial poo pot with their hand, foregoing the stick For quite a while now. Seizing boats in international waters, bombing their neighbors, etc. They have been TRYING to llook the victim but havent been able to for the last few years. Funny how so many people on this site complain about the power Putin holds, yet Netanyahu is in his what year of what office now?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Al Jazeera reporting a Hospital has been hit by an air strike.. A war crime under
International law.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
this one is interesting:

Abby Martin, Russia Today presenter based in Washington, has lashed out at the U.S. media coverage of the ongoing Israeli war on Gaza and the U.S. government’s approach to the crisis. Martin didn’t hesitate to express her opinions on air against the Israeli offensive. She said: “There are two choices for Palestinians in occupied territories: to completely surrender or resist and resistance is what we are seeing now.” “I am sick of Palestinian friends losing their friends and family every time Israel goes on the offence against innocent people living in an open air prison,” she added.

english.alarabiya.net...

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

talking about war crimes...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Israel will get what's coming to them one day. You can't piss off that many of your neighbors without them taking moves against you. They might take a bunch of stuff out when they go....but they will go. It's inevitable. If all Israels neighbors started bombing it with REAL missiles not those oversized firecrackers they are shooting off I suspect they might show the Palestinians some respect. How could a country expect to mistreat its arab citizens and not feel the wrath from its arab neighbors? The dynamic has changed since the last REAL war Israel fought. By real I mean another nation with an actual military. I won't feel sorry for them one bit when they find themselves fighting off an invasion from all sides.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nice timing with all of this as the new moon hits us and people's senses leave them (some people anyway). Maybe this will be the culmination with a hospital being hit and all. No - I doubt it. It's a way of life in the ME.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

I will ask again: could it be possible that Israel is trying to provoke such an action to achieve some grand goal?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
3 days ago.. Wall street journal writes

More than 200 Palestinian rockets have descended on Israel in recent days, triggering an Israeli counteroffensive that was still taking shape as we went to press Tuesday.
But as the drama plays out in the Gaza Strip and southern Israel, it's worth noting the role Iran—now under new and allegedly moderate leadership—has played in this latest spasm of violence.
In March, Israeli naval commandos interdicted a Panamanian-flagged ship, the Klos C, off the Sudanese coast in the Red Sea. The ship's cargo contained 40 M-302 surface-to-surface rockets, 181 mortar shells and some 400,000 rounds of 7.62 caliber ammunition—all concealed under bags of Iranian cement. The weapons were almost certainly intended for Iran's terrorist clients in Gaza.

Tehran denies any role in the shipment. But a recent classified report from the U.N. Security Council's Sanctions Committee effectively confirms it, and we've seen the pertinent portions. The panel found that Bandar Abbas, a southern Iranian port, "is established as the origin of the shipment of 100 containers of cement, including the 20 containing weapons and ammunition.
" The panel based this finding on, among other things, the ship's "cargo manifest dated 4 February 2014," its "container stowage plan from Bandar Abbas" and "statements made by the captain to Israeli officials.
" The manner of concealment, the panel added, "is consistent with several other cases reported to the Committee."

The panel concluded: "The shipment of arms and related material found aboard the Klos C is a violation of Iran's obligations under paragraph 5 of resolution 1747," referring to an embargo on Iranian arms transfers imposed by the Security Council in 2007.
The panel didn't weigh in on the ultimate intended recipient of the shipment, yet previous such shipments have made their way to Gaza.

The Obama Administration and some of its European allies are openly contemplating a partnership with the Iranian regime to help stabilize the Middle East and deter groups like ISIS. The U.N. report is a fresh reminder, if one were needed, that the Islamic Republic abets the very terrorism and instability it is now being enlisted to stop.

Wall Street Journal

This will not end and goes on as long as Iran wants it.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Are not Hammas and the Muslim Brotherhood active in such areas across the region?

Has not their mind-set infected the whole region?

I think it is only percentages that differ per georgraphic region.

edit on 11/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: grammar

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus
a reply to: rustyclutch

I will ask again: could it be possible that Israel is trying to provoke such an action to achieve some grand goal?

Totally possible. Honestly I think Israel has their hands in this whole ISIS mess. To date I don't think ISIS has killed any Jews. Only muslims and christians. Sunni and Shia alike. Destroying their holy sites. After all...weren't they the ones fighting Assad? Wasn't Israel bombing Assad randomly? Didn''t Isis get a bunch of weapons after Israel bombed a syrian military installation? Why would ISIS threaten to destroy Mecca....the holiest place in all of Islam? Because they aren't Islamic, that's why. They are just hiding behind the face of Islam, like the Zionists hide behind the face of Judaism. In reality they serve the same masters.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
Send the entire combined armies of Planet earth to restore order to Israel and remove the war criminals.
Trials in the Hague.. Yes BiBi.. It is you are your minions.

Wake up.... this will never happen.

Ever heard of MAD?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Shame on Iran for giving the Palestinians some rockets to try to fight back with. I suppose nobody should give the Palestinians any weapons at all. We should just keep letting american tax payers give israel 4 billion dollars a year and the most advanced weapons to keep stealing their land with. LOL.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: intrepid

Are not Hammas and the Muslim Brotherhood active in such areas across the region?

Has not their mind-set infected the whole region?

I think it is only percentages that differ per georgraphic region.

I didn't ask for an overview. Do you have any evidence that girls in Gaza are stoned for being raped? It's a simple question.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

I don't think MAD really exists anymore. I think Israel is more than small enough to be easily victimized by an EMP. Who they gonna attack with no electricity? It's 2014 and Israel is a tiny strip of land in the middle of the desert. They arent' invulnerable. Furthermore, people aren't as scared of the U.S. and going against their wishes as they used to be. Iran with Russian weaponry could reduce Israel to ashes. All we have to do is keep pissing the Russians and Chinese off. Both of whom could destroy Israel in a matter of minutes.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

would it be possible that the Israel want major escalation?

Yes, it would be possible. That's what I've been thinking since "Arab Spring" began.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Is our UN just totally evil and all the citizen's of democracies just viewers. Stop this madness and round up all the bad guys. Its that simple. Use world police force to do it, not airforce bomb squads and in Israel, I kind of see what we have in Canada, provinces, with Quebec.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I kind of see what we have in Canada, provinces, with Quebec.

Are you equating Quebec with Palestine?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

The U.N. was created by the bad guys. Order out of the chaos they created. Before that was the League of Nations. After it will be the One World Government. What you are seeing now is the chaos required to bring that about. The same people who created the United Nations created Israel.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join