It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA pastor orders Christians to ‘isolate’ LGBT kids and then ‘turn them over to Satan’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

California Pastor John MacArthur said during a recent edition of his “Grace to You” show that parents of LGBT kids should cast them out of their lives and “turn them over to Satan.”

However, “if they profess to be a Christian, you have to alienate them,” he said. “You have to separate them. You can’t condone that, it’s inconsistent with the profession of Christ. So, you isolate them. You don’t have a meal with them. You separate yourself from them. You turn them over to Satan, as it were, as scripture says.”

Is it just me or does their seem to be a definite trend in religion away from "love and tolerance"

Who is leading this trend? Robertson, Beck, or perhaps it's just a general reaction to changes in the social and cultural fabric.

If I had gay kids I could never isolate them and "turn them over to Satan" as Pastor John suggest. I would love the no matter what.

edit on 17-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
No one can deny LGBTers exist.

The resistance you're drawing attention to occurs mostly in response to its celebration.

There's give and take in every relationship. More give than take would calm things on both sides.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You know... I keep trying to picture Jesus turning his back on somebody and I just don't see it. I can't seem to find him bashing anybody except for the judgmental, greedy, and heartless people he rebuked.

I don't know how western civilization did it but we somehow tricked our Christians into acting exactly like the ONLY things Jesus "hated". The illusion itself isn't such a mystery to me; it's the persistent habit of modern Christians to succumb to that illusion that is.

edit on 17-6-2014 by Cuervo because: coffee...

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
My God that's a seriously sick thing to call people to do. Extremist religions ... the hate is incredible. Oh ... and why is it that those who scream the loudest against homosexuals lots of times end up being 'in the closet' themselves? hmmm .....

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

That's how memes work. They have collective rules. The operatives get an emotional reward from enforcing those rules.

Choose a different meme if that meme doesn't accept you. Start your own meme if you like.

Get over it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

You know... I keep trying to picture Jesus turning his back on somebody and I just don't see it.

I think he never hated nor rebuked any person on behaviors. You can love a person without loving their behavior like I did with my brother, who came back from the war a mess.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

He is not acting christian, his interpretation is at odds which christs own word's.
Instead they should pray for them and forgive them as it is against there religion and maybe breaking bread with them when they are not repentant of there error is wrong but they should still be there for them, many gays and lesbians these days are more christian than many supposed pastors like this one, he may come to his senses but christ never said give the immoral brother to satan and that was added much much later by someone else.
So I will say that again in the name of christs I deny him and his servants in sheeps clothes the right to claim these souls as only god can sort them as he decides and only he has the right to judge for we all have a beam in our eye, Personally I do not approve of there error but they are still my brothers and sisters and the last thing I would ever want to see is there soul's doomed for an error of the flesh which will probably be put right once they pass over anyway.
That Pastor is doing a good job of distancing himself and his congregation from christ as after all christ said the physician does not come for the well but for the sick and a pastor should seek after them, yes he must prevent sickness from a lost sheep killing the flock but that is isolate not give to evil making the devil stronger, Jesus came for lost sheep and as the good shepherd he is the only one whom can choose to cast them out any soul, I am however all for trying to convince gay's to live in accordance with the scripture but it is there soul not there body that matters and they have as much right to pray to god as me and as much right to seek christs guidance, I suspect you would find the blessing much diminished in that pastors church, hell and fire sermons are all well and good in there time and place but the flock belong to christ the good shepherd and leaving the sick lamb for the lion is not in his word's.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I was once on a forum board at another site years ago and there was a thread that was started for abused wives. Well a women had left her husband after he had badly beat her and was trying to put her life together. She had left him and was broke didn't have a place to stay and well had left her kids with him thinking that they'd be safe. One of the "religious faithful" came on and commenced to tear her apart! She shouldn't have left him! She should have been more obedient. She should have prayed more for him! And when the husband had turned his anger onto the kids well it was because she had denied him her presence!

Funny how when it comes to husband and wife the wife should be tolerant to everything including physical abuse but no let's not tolerate a kid that seems to have sexual identity issues???

The church needs to focus on their own doctrines and make some adjustments before they start yelling crap like this from the rooftops!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Best thing that can happen to them. Get way from the fanatics and find reasonable people to be around.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This isn't mainstream Christianity, long term denominations, but is primarily American Fundamental sects, that I view as cults.

There are certainly odd cults that take out a literal interpretation and then arrogantly suppose its the only fit or meaning and declare their view the only view, and also they have to emphasize a certain number of passages they choose a preference for, over others, and then disregard other passages that contradict theirs.

But interpretation is everything. And so its merely dominance of one person's opinion over others.

And its very cult like.

And on a world wide model of Christianity, minority.
edit on 17-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Personally I do not approve of there error

Their "Error"? YOU do not approve? It isn't up to you to "approve" - or to judge.
Just like it isn't up to me to "approve" of your post or thoughts, or to judge you. But since you opened the door, I'm coming in and speaking my mind anyway.

It is the way they are - were born - BEGOTTEN and MADE. It's not up to you to dictate their lives (or anyone's), nor is it the pastor's.

the last thing I would ever want to see is there soul's doomed for an error of the flesh which will probably be put right once they pass over anyway.

Well isn't that generous of you.

a pastor should seek after them, yes he must prevent sickness from a lost sheep killing the flock but that is isolate not give to evil making the devil stronger,

So, LGBTQ people are "sick" and somehow a danger that is contagious and might kill the whole flock?

Wow.

I am however all for trying to convince gay's to live in accordance with the scripture

To "convince" them?

Like, if your kid is into music and art, and blood makes him puke you would have to "convince" him to be a a "doctor" instead (or worse, a lawyer) - or join the military - or be an NFL star and subject himself to brain damage because...why? Because YOU are? Because that's what "men" do? Because he might not become affluent and live in the correct zip code if he strives to be a musician and artist?

Or your daughter is not into fashion and is fine with no makeup, but she still needs to be "convinced" to be a model, stop eating, and walk the runway and become an actress?

Do you even hear yourself?

Good lord I hope you are not a parent.

hell and fire sermons are all well and good in there time and place

No. Just....no. They are not well and good. EVER - in ANY time, or ANY place.

but the flock belong to christ the good shepherd and leaving the sick lamb for the lion is not in his word's.

May he show mercy on your SHAMEFUL shaming, denigrating, controlling, judgmental self-righteousness over others.

I know I 'cherry-picked' your response, and you might well be offended by my pointing out the hypocrisy of your words, because you did say the pastor is wrong and not to 'throw them' to your imagined boogey man - but the reasoning behind your thoughts - that others who are different are "sick" is just...messed up.

Hope you think it over.

I am BuzzyWigs, and I approve this message.
But personally, I don't approve of yours (like you'll care
) .

edit on 6/17/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Amen sister. Well said.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

That guy will be called a "false Christian", even though the majority of Christians will agree with him. I'm of the opinion that 80% of the population in hell will be composed of self-professed Christians.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Now think about it was probably such hate-filled insane people who WROTE LARGE PARTS OF THE BIBLE.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

California Pastor John MacArthur said during a recent edition of his “Grace to You” show that parents of LGBT kids should cast them out of their lives and “turn them over to Satan.”

However, “if they profess to be a Christian, you have to alienate them,” he said. “You have to separate them. You can’t condone that, it’s inconsistent with the profession of Christ. So, you isolate them. You don’t have a meal with them. You separate yourself from them. You turn them over to Satan, as it were, as scripture says.”

Is it just me or does their seem to be a definite trend in religion away from "love and tolerance"

Who is leading this trend? Robertson, Beck, or perhaps it's just a general reaction to changes in the social and cultural fabric.

If I had gay kids I could never isolate them and "turn them over to Satan" as Pastor John suggest. I would love the no matter what.

Meh. There are jerks and wackos and intolerant a$$holes on both sides of the spectrum. Some crazy Westboro Baptist type preacher running his mouth isn't much to worry about.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Jesus hung out with all sorts...sinners, tax collectors, etc....
Probably a few transgendered in the mix too for all I know......
I think he said something like" the well don't need a doctor when they asked him about it....
Not that I think that LGB?(what the # is that anyways?) Kids are Kids...not LGB anything...
I think the whole trip is sponsored by agenda 21 and the idea that gays don't procreate....so lets make more gays....
Schooling is now destroying our kids not educating them....Its a damn govt plot.
Christians are known by their works are they not?
Obviously that pastor is NOT one of them.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I HAVE FOUR DAUGHTERS AND IF ANY OF THEM DECIDE TO BE WITH A WOMAN I WOULD SUPPORT THEM IN ANY WAY. AS LONG AS MY KIDS ARE TRULY HAPPY WITH THEIR DECISIONS IN LIFE I AM HAPPY FOR THEM.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

It should take a Christian (such as myself) about half a second to know this man is not teaching God's Word.

Matthew 7:15-20
King James Version (KJV)
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

You know... I keep trying to picture Jesus turning his back on somebody and I just don't see it. I can't seem to find him bashing anybody except for the judgmental, greedy, and heartless people he rebuked.

I don't know how western civilization did it but we somehow tricked our Christians into acting exactly like the ONLY things Jesus "hated". The illusion itself isn't such a mystery to me; it's the persistent habit of modern Christians to succumb to that illusion that is.

I could imagine Jesus turning his back on some people:
LIKE THIS DUMB ASS MINISTER!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join