It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the world remember America?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Nice way of pissing on the graves of all those Brits who died in the place of Americans over there....

And you wonder why people resent you?

Maybe they should resent their PM for sending them there and dying.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This generation will be remembered as the most fractious and divided we've ever had, where we couldn't meet in the middle for the greater good.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
During World War 2 the US was everything every country aspired to be and realistically portrayed itself as all that is noble and just,even if corporate interests and bankers ran the show then as now you stood for something,now after a decade of unnecessary wars we have a true evil arising in the world but a nation that is too fatigued,mentally weak and dare I say it selfish to get involved,the decline has been astronomical in the last 15 years,you are still number one militarily but whom and how you help is becoming increasingly schizophrenic in nature but nations come and go and empires rise and fall,would the world be a better place under Russia or China-of course not and like Rome the final act may take a long time to arrive.If you read Edward Gibbons History of the decline and fall of the Roman empire you will see history repeats itself SCARILY SO.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Not fondly. Unflatteringly.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
If you live in a European nation it is because of America you don't respond to this post in German.

And because of the UK!

We played a equal part in that. And we don't get thanks either, worse ignored!

I thought this thread was about "How will America be remembered " did I miss the UK part?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Nothing would make me happier then having America isolate herself from the rest of the world just so we can sit back and listen to the rest of the world cry and beg for our help and when we ignore the cries for help then we can read on ATS how mean we are for not helping.

Point is no matter what we do or don't do other countries will always hate America and for no other reason then jealousy.

You're probably right.....

Anyone who thinks Churchill would have asked for help if he didn't need it is a fool. He was one of the strongest leaders in history, he liked to say he wooed Roosevelt into the war. Churchill was an intellectual giant compared to Roosevelt. He would have never asked if he didn't need it. How he and Roosevelt actually got us into the war is yet another conspiracy.

Well why did Bush ask Blair to back the USA up in Iraq and Afghanistan?
USA wasn't losing but help just made things easier.
By 1941 Britain had beaten back the Germans. USA was just needed for sorting the rest of Europe out.

I guess you should have put on your own D-Day since you didn't need us, and Churchill was seriously confused in 1941 signing the Atlantic Charter with Roosevelt, since you had beaten back the Germans. In 1941 you were fighting the Nazi's in Africa, how was that going for you?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

It was you and kryties that went down this road when you trash talked America. I am not going to let it stand this country has done more good for the world than anyone else,

Still trying to paint me as an "America Hater" even after I have pointed out what I meant by my posts multiple times throughout this thread?

Poor form mate, and it stinks of you just stomping your feet and crying foul because someone said something bad to you.

BTW, claiming America has done more for the world than anyone else also stinks of you wearing rose-colored glasses and ignoring what the rest of the world has done.

I don't think there is any confusion with me or anyone else, your hate filled jealousy is very evident in your post. Like some kind of British bulldog bark, bark, bark, then scurry over and try to bite something with a flat face.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

"
Please explain to me how The U.S. has done more good for the world than anyone else? I could say exactly the same for Great Britain, and i wouldn't be exaggerating with that remark.
Let us not forget, The U.S. only exists because of Great Britain. God knows what your country would be like if it had developed from the Spanish or French. "

I see the engrained Royal mentality sits well with you, as to who you owe for your success. To think that we owe the Crown for our existence insults the good men and women that lost their lives throwing you out of this emerging country during the revolution. The thought that we developed because of the Crown is absurd we developed despite the efforts of the Crown to stop us. The greatest aspect of our country is a man can have property, wealth, and stature despite his position in life at birth. If our president isn't evidence of that nothing is. In this country you can be born poor and have more avenues for successes than anywhere else. It isn't your birth right it's the freedom afforded to you by our forefathers blood and the constitution. What you do with it is up to you, not the Crowns.

American Achievements for world benefit.

1. Our record of technology advancements and worldwide distribution is something no one has matched. The United Sates brought in its early years the light bulb, cotton gin, lightening rods, telegraph, telephone, sewing machines, vulcanized rubber, metal plow. Shall I go on, need a list of things we made better? These are all technologies that changed the world.

2. Capitalism brought to you by the good old USA has produced the highest living standards of any system of the world. The benefits of capitalism prove that you can have a society without class because of opportunity available to rise to a level of wealth only seen in America. Examples would be sports figures that rise to incredible wealth because for hard work and talent, musicians from the ghetto that write music and become millionaires, business owners through shear hard work have grown to immense wealth. How many countries have gown to considerable wealth because of American capitalism and their ability to business to do business with us?

3. The art of giving we use the benefits of capitalism to give to other countries of the world in incredible amounts. Privately citizens, foundations, business etc. gave 6 times the amount of money world wide than the UK government did. Our government gives anyway money to other countries like no one else. Americans are a hard working hardheaded people with huge hearts, willing to share in their prosperity.

There are more, a lot more but take your shots. I want America to be remembered for the good things we have done and contributed, not the mistakes and calculated evils that useless politicians have done.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
I bet our American "Hero" wouldn't have the courage to say that to these chaps face to face.

You know, I'm sorry that my perspective is harsh, but it is my perspective based on my experienced, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
Our Recondos worked with them and the Dragons when the Dragon's commander lost his head gear...It did seem much to me.
The guy who told me about that carried a Thompson.A short black guy no one messes with.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

a reply to: alldaylong

"
Please explain to me how The U.S. has done more good for the world than anyone else? I could say exactly the same for Great Britain, and i wouldn't be exaggerating with that remark.
Let us not forget, The U.S. only exists because of Great Britain. God knows what your country would be like if it had developed from the Spanish or French. "

I see the engrained Royal mentality sits well with you, as to who you owe for your success. To think that we owe the Crown for our existence insults the good men and women that lost their lives throwing you out of this emerging country during the revolution. The thought that we developed because of the Crown is absurd we developed despite the efforts of the Crown to stop us. The greatest aspect of our country is a man can have property, wealth, and stature despite his position in life at birth. If our president isn't evidence of that nothing is. In this country you can be born poor and have more avenues for successes than anywhere else. It isn't your birth right it's the freedom afforded to you by our forefathers blood and the constitution. What you do with it is up to you, not the Crowns.

American Achievements for world benefit.

1. Our record of technology advancements and worldwide distribution is something no one has matched. The United Sates brought in its early years the light bulb, cotton gin, lightening rods, telegraph, telephone, sewing machines, vulcanized rubber, metal plow. Shall I go on, need a list of things we made better? These are all technologies that changed the world.

2. Capitalism brought to you by the good old USA has produced the highest living standards of any system of the world. The benefits of capitalism prove that you can have a society without class because of opportunity available to rise to a level of wealth only seen in America. Examples would be sports figures that rise to incredible wealth because for hard work and talent, musicians from the ghetto that write music and become millionaires, business owners through shear hard work have grown to immense wealth. How many countries have gown to considerable wealth because of American capitalism and their ability to business to do business with us?

3. The art of giving we use the benefits of capitalism to give to other countries of the world in incredible amounts. Privately citizens, foundations, business etc. gave 6 times the amount of money world wide than the UK government did. Our government gives anyway money to other countries like no one else. Americans are a hard working hardheaded people with huge hearts, willing to share in their prosperity.

There are more, a lot more but take your shots. I want America to be remembered for the good things we have done and contributed, not the mistakes and calculated evils that useless politicians have done.

Erm hate to break it tooo you but capitlism pre dates America.....

O and of course america has given more.....its economy is 10x bigger! Hell the USA should be giving 10x more to charity!
edit on 19-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
a reply to: zatara

good observation, the fasci (bundle of twigs)

..could be as simple as this?

Yes, thank you. I am really surprised that there are so few people in this thread understand that this is the "thing" going on in the US.....and as in many other countries in the western world as a matter of fact. As if programmed to shut their brain off when it comes to that word or symbol. Of course it is hard to understand and to accept that their own country can potentially get involved with something which caused all those worrysome things in WWII.

The explanation of these fasci is innocent and maybe to be admired but things can get out of hand very easily and quickly when this philosophy has bear fruit, become tangible and most powerful.

edit on 19/6/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Nothing would make me happier then having America isolate herself from the rest of the world just so we can sit back and listen to the rest of the world cry and beg for our help and when we ignore the cries for help then we can read on ATS how mean we are for not helping.

Point is no matter what we do or don't do other countries will always hate America and for no other reason then jealousy.

You're probably right.....

Anyone who thinks Churchill would have asked for help if he didn't need it is a fool. He was one of the strongest leaders in history, he liked to say he wooed Roosevelt into the war. Churchill was an intellectual giant compared to Roosevelt. He would have never asked if he didn't need it. How he and Roosevelt actually got us into the war is yet another conspiracy.

Well why did Bush ask Blair to back the USA up in Iraq and Afghanistan?
USA wasn't losing but help just made things easier.
By 1941 Britain had beaten back the Germans. USA was just needed for sorting the rest of Europe out.

I guess you should have put on your own D-Day since you didn't need us, and Churchill was seriously confused in 1941 signing the Atlantic Charter with Roosevelt, since you had beaten back the Germans. In 1941 you were fighting the Nazi's in Africa, how was that going for you?

Did you miss the fact the UK put the same amount into D day as the USA? EQUAL CONTRIBUTION

I said we had beaten back the planned German invasion of britain not liberated the rest of europe..

As for africa? If your talking the battle of el alamien. Pretty good.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Nice way of pissing on the graves of all those Brits who died in the place of Americans over there....

And you wonder why people resent you?

Maybe they should resent their PM for sending them there and dying.

Next the USA attacked maybe we should stay at home and let more US troops die?

"People" like you whine that no one respects the USA and people hate it and when people try and help and act as allies you dissmis them......

Pathetic

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: alldaylong
I bet our American "Hero" wouldn't have the courage to say that to these chaps face to face.

You know, I'm sorry that my perspective is harsh, but it is my perspective based on my experienced, nothing more, nothing less.

Ok my perpective is US solders are macho talking cowards who would rather massacre civilians and pick on weak targets than do real fighting?

Sound fair?

Semper fudge.

(Ok I dont actually think that)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Dp

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
America is the 3rd Reich. We are the new Evil Empire. We are the new SS Nazi regime. Only this time around, the Grim Reaper is painted in a different light to make him look good.

Yes, America truly is the great Satan.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Dp

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I'm not sure how America will be remembered as it is still a very young country and times are changing rapidly. History is being written.

The American people, however, will definitely be remembered as the world's most ignorant and arrogant people. Pretty much the entire world already thinks this, so that's a given.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless
I'm not sure how America will be remembered as it is still a very young country and times are changing rapidly. History is being written.

The American people, however, will definitely be remembered as the world's most ignorant and arrogant people. Pretty much the entire world already thinks this, so that's a given.

I dont know.

My experience with Americans while over there is that 90% are alright people. A bit simple in the head at times but no different between you or me.

Its a small minority that are arrogant xenophobic fools.

Actually simple minded the wrong word. Uneducated as most seem to want to ask questions and learn.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join