It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the world remember America?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If you're talking about Ft. sumter at the mouth of the Charleston Harbor Just google earth it. The remnants still stand and are now a monument. It's a nice ferry ride over to the island. The monitor is just down the freeway from me about 30 minutes or so at the mariner's museum. They have a nice website with webcams. I have no idea about the ship builders it is something I have never studied. Of course any ship building skills would have came from the UK.

We do have a ton of pirate history here as well, just did a trip down to the outter banks to some great places.

It is to bad you are so busy, on the other hand if it's a new business that is great news. Can you say what it is?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: simsumre

As someone who is not American, I (and many others) view America as the worlds bully. America is so interested only in whats good for America that it has come at the expense of the rest of the world. The rest of us are sick and tired of hearing about how good "The Great and Almighty America" is when we look in at you guys in bewilderment at the way you treat your own citizens and the rest of the world with utter disregard for anything but your own selfish needs. The "American" drive to be successful at all costs, and the each man for himself mentality, has created a complete mess out of what was once a promising and great country.

Don't even get me started on the subject of Americans and their guns either, it's completely hypocritical to suggest America needs it's guns to fight "tyranny" when that's exactly whats been occurring for the last couple of decades and yet no American has done a damn thing about it. I'm almost starting to think that you guys should be allowed to keep your gun laws the way they are so as to thin out the population of America a bit (through ever-increasing mass shootings) so perhaps there would be less Americans to wave the flag and contribute to screwing the world up.

You would be hard-pressed to find too many 'non-Americans' who don't think that America has had it's day and needs to fade away.

Like that is different form any other country? They all act within their own interests. America just has the resources and power to be on top of the hegemony.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Selling chemicals and Laboratory equipment here in the EU.

I do have another side business/project but until patenting It not something I publicize.

What I know of American shipbuilding is that it combined the best of French and British techniques. It why your frigates were so bloody deadly in the war of 1812. Had the handling of a British ship and the durability and armament of a french ship.
edit on 22-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join