It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Warns The Global Economy Is Near Collapse

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Corruption and greed are driven by evil.

You mean evil people? There is nothing evil about nature, evil only exists in the hearts of men.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee
Yes, I was graduating class of 2000, so that puts third grade around 1990, unless I have gotten really bad at math lol. Around first grade I started hanging out at my aunt's with my cousins a lot on the weekends, so I ended up being part of their assembly of god church for some years. Was even a royal ranger(their version of religious boyscouts) for a few years.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: soulshn

The profiteering of the elected (annointed) leaders is directed by the "controllers", call them what you will, the Bildebergers, Illuminati, whatever; its been the same class of awesome wealthy people since the late 19th Century, i.e., the Fords (who financed Hitler), the Krupps, the Tysens, the Rothschilds, and the Roosevelts and the Morgans and European Royals who control the major Euro Banks and Central Banks of Europe including, but not limited to the Royal Family of Spain, the House of Savoy, Saxe-Coburg, the family that owns/operates FIAT, the House of Bourbon. The list is near endless. I've spent several years researching this and the tentacles of these families are unbelievably long and deep into finance, banking, industry and fashion. And the pedigree's of some of these people is equally impressive. For example, google on Countess Bianca Brandolini D'Adda, she's an heir to a vast fortune of a near ancient Venetian Grand Duke and occasionally dates an heir to the Fiat fortune who's also a distant cousin.

Study on this a while and you come to understand that notwithstanding the Communist Revolution that eventually swept most all of eastern Europe, the Royals of Russia, Romania, Austria, Hungary, Bulgaria, all managed to escape with their wealth in tact and have even managed to prosper handsomely. And Francis is quite correct to say they prosper through financing wars and arms industries. Of course, they could care less what the Pope says, or thinks for that matter.

Its good to be King!

Cheers

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhatWeNeedToday

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
Hey, I send my emails and letters to the government hoping that everyone else does the same, have you? I've been researching the downhill spiral since 1978, have you?

Oho, how utterly delightful --a fool! This has nothing to do with simply forming your ow government, now does it? In fact, my post implied (but a fool wouldn't catch that) that this government will not do anything to redress your woes. Hence, you should not call an imminent collapse of the economy "old news." Do you see how that works? It's good logic... oops, where are my manners? I'm dealing with an American...

Problem is we're dealing with criminals...

Problem is we're dealing with fools... (aka, the American people...)

I am quite sure however that if no peaceful solution is offered by our idiot governments, a violent solution will ensue.

Why are you even talking about governments? I tried to bypass this point entirely. Now, this is old news. The government you have elected, your two-party system of Democrat-Republican (which, is one-grand ole' party) has not worked, and will not work. Why do you continue to vote Democrat-Republican? Oh, yeah...you're American... you pride yourself on "democracy," which hasn't worked for the pat 200 years, and definitely didn't work for the Greece...

I don't have a time share in a bunker and between the three minor/major recessions/collapses between 1985 and 2008 I lost roughly $33 million, how much did you lose?

I have lost my Declaration and my Constitution.

However, no one should ever accumulate more than$10 million in wealth. Now I know that I am dealing with a greedy and corrupt individual. Bad, bad, bad.

Mentioned how he is prepared for a collapse.

Yeah, I'm prepped are you? Rather than bitch and moan about my being sensible, watching the trends and getting ready, you might want to look at yourself.

That's the typical sheep for you. Instead of using your greedy vast accumulation of wealth to do right and good, you use it to look out only for yourself. Have you no shame? Truly, you americans are one of the most shameful and disgusting breed of sheep that has ever walked this planet.

Cheers - Dave

I really don't think you should be cheering. Of course, you know how the American proverb goes, "Ignorance is bliss, and bliss rewards you with more ignorance." So, indeed, cheer away. Revolting.

It's patently obvious that you have no clue as to what I have done, how generous I have been in my life with time and money, where I am even located (in the sidebar there, duh) or how I lost $33 million. It has nothing to do with greed, I developed technology and was paid in 1/3rd the shares of a $100 million company (plus salary, perks and directorship of course). The reason I don't have that equity now is because of the greed of others, the court system here, the government broke their own laws and then hid the frauds using injunctions and the tax department. I can't even get copies of my files from CSIS using FOIA requests, because it would contain confirmation of the federal crimes and is according to CSIS, a national security risk (and I have the proof of that as well).

So yes, it is a corrupt system controlled by criminals and I fight it every year, every chance I get when I am not encumbered by the injunctions that are in place to protect the criminals in governments, revenue canada and universities. Until you've had as much as experience as I have with government and the military, you might to rethink your responses. Play the ball not the player ;-) And BTW, I write "Cheers" because I am generally polite, a commodity apparently in short supply in your neck of the woods.

As far as the pope expounding on his epiphany of common knowledge, obviously there is an agenda in play. Politics, religion and business, you can't trust anyone of them with your best interests.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

You do realize that it's not the message but the messenger that is the big story, right? This is huge for the a leader as big as him to say this out loud.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
On one hand the pope is calling out the war profiteers and underlining the problems within the current global economies. I am glad to hear this coming from a figure of authority whom has more of chance to appear at huge events viewed by millions than the regular Joe with an internet connection. However, I still feel that a mute who shows me some are corrupt has more value than 20 popes saying some are corrupt. The road to hell is paved with good intention.

Be weary of false idols; let him act and we shall see what he truly is about.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: fenson76

You do realize that it's not the message but the messenger that is the big story, right? This is huge for the a leader as big as him to say this out loud.

I realize that, but my point is (which I probably didn't make clear in the beginning) that for anyone in a position of power and authority, regardless of whether their institution is hypocritical or down-right corrupt, to make a statement like the pope made is more than likely agenda driven. And I mean a "good" agenda for them and a bad agenda for the rest of us. Just look at everything in society, we've undergone a complete moral and ethical inversion. Anything that comes out of any of their mouths is because there is something in it for them at a cost to the rest of us.

It's no epiphany, it's purpose.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/16.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

We have a preppy plan. We are going to blend in with all the other riff raff and put our skills to use. We go camping in the wilderness once a year (Bitterroot National Forest) and find our water and food for a week to practice our skills.

Your plan requires a lot of money and too much dependency.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Let me see if I understand this correctly.....

The head of an organization that is estimated to be the largest financial power on earth wants to warn the world about being a whore to money?

How cute

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The fact the catholic hierarchy CANONICALLY elected the 76 year old Jesuit Bergoglio in 2013, speaks volumes. First of all, the resignation of Benedict was not unprecedented but rare in the Roman catholic history. His resignation was properly announced before all cardinals. We cannot have doubt on that since we had the will of Benedict expressed in public, he was not imprisoned or otherwise forced to do it.

Then came the surprising result of a conclave that chose the Jesuit first in history ever for successor of Peter. Why, for what reason? The surprise is hardly a surprise for everyone who followed the last decade development in Catholic church. In 2005 conclave card. Bergoglio scored second to Benedict-Ratzinger.

It remains to be seen what exact moves the pope jesuit Francis will make. Until now he delivered strong words, but they remained only words. Including of baptizing extraterrestrials. It would be good if we see more energetic cleanup in the Roman headquarters. Something that happens indeed, but not in the pace many people enthusiastically expected right after the conclave 2013. Hope the words of pope Francis don't come as too little too late. Important moral decisions for the Roman catholic church have been left to October Synod, or year and a half after the conclave. If the pace is so slow, we could have another 6-8 year delay after the 8 years of Benedict's pontificate. In fact Benedict also had strong wording that remained hidden in his writings and speeches. He even reached so far to favor a new kind of UN-organized system to control finances. So what? The world remained in economic crisis and was affected little by the pope's words.

I wonder could the world afford that delay anymore? And what could be a bolder move than the word for the pope in Rome?
Perhaps I have some suggestions, but will keep them in other threads where they are already posted.
edit on 17-6-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Hmmm but the people that make these 'regional' wars happen are the same people that get to have private meetings with the pope. What do you think they discuss? The weather?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I may be completely on the wrong track here, but as great as his statement and outspokenness is he is in a very good place to know it as the Vatican owns an awful lot of the wealth and stability that the rest of us lack. "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername
You can't defeat evil with evil. That only causes the cycle to repeat. I'm not a pacifist, by any means, but I think these regional wars are started merely to make money and thin out the undesirables. As to your statement that there is a growing aversion to spirituality, I see it the other way around.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
So important he says this. Too many do not listen to such obvious truth, that is why the world still is like he describes it.

Also, such a contrast to His Holiness the Dalai Lama who caters to rich sociopaths in the false hope maybe they might change their mind. Besides insulting all victims saying all suffering is self-inflicted.

(I am not religious, just happy an influential person uses his influence for something positive.)

originally posted by: soulshn

An economy built on money-worship and war and scarred by yawning inequality and youth unemployment cannot survive, the 77-year-old Roman Catholic leader suggested in a newly published interview...

“We discard a whole generation to maintain an economic system that no longer endures, a system that to survive has to make war, as the big empires have always done,” he said...

"But since we cannot wage the Third World War, we make regional wars," he added. "And what does that mean? That we make and sell arms. And with that the balance sheets of the idolatrous economies -- the big world economies that sacrifice man at the feet of the idol of money -- are obviously cleaned up."

Pope Francis Warns The Global Economy Is Near Collapse

I continue to be impressed by Francis.

Whether or not there are ulterior motives at work or not it is very refreshing to see someone with such authority and respect saying these things.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

We have a preppy plan. We are going to blend in with all the other riff raff and put our skills to use. We go camping in the wilderness once a year (Bitterroot National Forest) and find our water and food for a week to practice our skills.

Your plan requires a lot of money and too much dependency.

Naaaww, you can make wind generators from vehicle alternators, 13 of them make 160vdc and then with a little 60hz waveform generator and a pair of big darlington transistor (200amp-100% safety factor) you can make 120vac @ 100amps (10-12kwatts) or you can put in a boost transformer for 240vac @ 50amps (5-6kw). You use the rear axle mount and a couple of other components off a front wheel drive car or minivan for the gimbal, 3 tv antenna towers bolted together to hold it up, the props are made of formed 1"x12"x10' lumber bolted to the other vehicle/minivan rear axle with an overspeed actuator that triggers the braking mechanism (or you can use a clutch). You run the alternators with bicycle gears and multiple chains. All the parts you can get from your local wrecking yard, except the DC-AC converter and a bit of welding or bolting. I should post all the plans ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I have a 72 truck camper special with two batteries and a generator, camper all self contained. I am older and my husband is disabled. People like me will have to find clever ways to live without skills like you have described. I am good at finding what I need, not necessarily good at making it. I know from camping that I don't have to have electricity. I have collected a large amount of candles in case every kind of fuel is hard to come by for a while.

Hopefully, the Pope still has friends in high places and will save the day.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I have a 72 truck camper special with two batteries and a generator, camper all self contained. I am older and my husband is disabled. People like me will have to find clever ways to live without skills like you have described. I am good at finding what I need, not necessarily good at making it. I know from camping that I don't have to have electricity. I have collected a large amount of candles in case every kind of fuel is hard to come by for a while.

Hopefully, the Pope still has friends in high places and will save the day.

If the pope is talking about it on the lamestream media, I believe there's an agenda. I don't know if it's just because he is a nice guy and wants to let everyone else know what's going on (that should have known anyway) or if the purpose is to drive an active revolt against "whomever." What I do know is that when governments or the UN talk about "sustainability" it has nothing to do with the environment and everything to do with the "sustainability" of their increasing incomes and expanding pork trough, and that is most assuredly unsustainable. We do not live in an economy of infinitely expanding resources and consumers.

So let's say the pope "see's" revolution coming and I expect it's going to be nasty when it does, what's in the best thing of the pope? Maybe get on-side in a way that seems like he cares about all us peons and serfs, but at the same time can play both sides. The RC church has made huge human sacrifices in the past that 20+ million people can't tell you about. The pope has lots of "supposed" friends in high place, but I expect all of his trusted allies and friends are fiends in both high and low places. He is after all a Jesuit ("black") pope so he must know something about propaganda, manipulation and distraction.

As far as "stuff," most is pretty easy to make and not very costly, rudimentary mechanical knowledge, patience, adaptability, critical thinking skills and the motivation to learn new things are always very helpful. In a post collapse I imagine there would be a rather dire population loss and the people left would turn into a scavenger based society with a fair level of anarchy. Cities would be pooched after three days with no power and no re-supply lines in operation. So, you have the right idea, out to rural areas ;-) The problem is that you have to be well off the main roads and preferably back in the bush, but still have access to wrecking yards, drug stores, hardware stores and books. You need books! Books on agriculture, tree/plant varieties/species, herbs, mechanics, electricity, electronics, survival, chemistry, etc.

I looked at the camper solution, I had a 36' Winnebago, but sold it. It was a nice toy, had the 6.5kw genny, dual air on the roof, propane stove and fridge, etc., but how do you hide the beast, how do you get it to where it needs to be? And how do you refill the propane or gas for the generator when everything has gone to hell and there is no line power to run gas station pumps? How do you even get to a gas station once you're planted down? Sure, you can use a hand pump and long hose if you get there, but you're kind of out in the open and an easy target, because after 2 weeks, the strongest and most psychotic will be moving from the cities to take possession of their new (your/our) country homes. In our situation, I just figured hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. If things go "south" during the probably imminent collapse, there will be a lot of people I would miss and others I wish I could have met (a bit fatalistic I admit). But I have a plan for my extended family/friends and have added rooms to my house, they just have to act within 24 hours of the collapse, not wait the three days for boots on the ground.

Personally, I don't have a ton of money anymore, so I have to look at innovative and cheap ways of generating energy and heat, growing food (plus hunting and fishing), pumping clean water, keeping a roof over our heads, helping my neighbors and securing the community.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yeah, people who have disabled family will be faced with really hard choices. That is why the pickup camper seemed to be the best for us if we have to get out populated areas. It has a bed for my husband on wheels. Also the truck is old and ugly but the engine is a no frills 390 that much cannot go wrong with that I can't fix.

You could be right about the Pope. But he must know something or he is going to look a fool.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yeah, people who have disabled family will be faced with really hard choices. That is why the pickup camper seemed to be the best for us if we have to get out populated areas. It has a bed for my husband on wheels. Also the truck is old and ugly but the engine is a no frills 390 that much cannot go wrong with that I can't fix.

You could be right about the Pope. But he must know something or he is going to look a fool.

I hear ya, the disabled bit is hard. The camper/truck will probably take you out. My biggest concern with my RV was engine and tranny and overheating apart from the usual "how do you take something that big into the woods." I just made sure I carried extra fuel, antifreeze, oil, tranny fluid and hoses plus an assortment of parts, always a good idea anyway. Old and ugly is probably good, it stands out less ;-)

But you never really know what is going to happen. I don't see how a collapse couldn't come considering the general levels of greed and the agendas at the UN, but maybe the PTB will pull a rabbit out of their collective hat. One option that I don't think is on the table is forgiving all debts, corporate, government and personal across the board and starting with a new global currency, but there are still issues with the debt holders.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hey at least you are getting the word straight from a Vatican bank insider.........

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join