It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Warns The Global Economy Is Near Collapse

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: soulshn

Don't be fooled by his smooth words. He can call the economic system idolatrous or what ever he chooses but when it comes down to it, the Vatican are no different and they are likely sitting on the largest riches in the world. If he wants to talk about idolatrous, then maybe he should read the New Testament. His kind are warned about.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
a reply to: soulshn

good the pope says it. Someone must say it. So what is the solution?

Francis keeps saying things since the start of his papacy. I'd like to see more concrete actions built upon these words. The words are important though.

Isaiah 55:11

so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This man is a hypocrite. If he wants to be taken seriously then he first has to address the corruption he represents.

Why not take a leaf out of old Krishnamurti's book. He at least had the courage to tell it like it is...when he dissolved the order of the Eastern star.

This is essentially a corrupt criminal organisation hiding behind a facade of spirituality. I am always amazed at the brass neck of those people. They swan around in pomp and finery and of course those ridiculous costumes that represent office and power, unaware or not caring that they are portraying the exact opposite of that which they expound.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Way to state the obvious, Frank. He's the Gerald Celente of the Vatican.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm sure he isn't too worried about a collapse because he lives a luxurious lifestyle unlike us poor peasants. If money is evil and all that then the Catholic church shouldn't accept any donations. Looks like the pope may be a little behind on his news.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Wow. I am amazed at this thread. Some small amount of rational thought comes from someone who:
- has apparent will over millions of people
- is head of an organisation that has caused more pain and suffering to mankind than any other (excepting the current USA military of course)

Now I know there is no god, and religion is a fraud and this guy heads a major branch, but what he says, and how he says it is very good. No mention of this is the MSM of course, which is always a sign.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I would love to know just how much money the Vatican makes each year from its investments, I was quite shocked to learn that the Vatican owned brothels, who would have though that? Payment for the use of the brothel, then paymant again for a dispensation!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
So did Pope Francis look in a crystal ball, get a message from God or did he happen to pick up a newspaper. Near collapse, this is old news LOL, the writing has been on the wall for a long time for those with eyes to see and mind to

If it is "old news," then why haven't you demanded that your government do something to rectify the problem? Heck, why haven't you formed a new government? A new country?

Exactly. Get off your high horse. It is not old news because it still applies to today. It is current news. Get in-touch with reality. Perhaps, you are one of the few with a time-share in an underground bunker or society, so you can sit there on your high horse scoffing at the People as they struggle with yet another economic collapse.

Grow up, dude, and start doing good for once instead of spewing out foolishness.
edit on 16-6-2014 by WhatWeNeedToday because: formatting typo

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
Regardless of your spiritual beliefs, I would not take economic advice from a middle-aged priest.

77 in not middle age

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
I am not really impressed to be honest. These are the type of thoughts I had when I was a little kid. I was in 3rd grade, remember this song. I remember sitting on some steps hearing the 5th grade sing it. It was during the war with iraq part 1, and having a pen pal in the marines fighting it.

I remember back then wondering why the hell the world is not like this. Wondering why god was such a coward, and not stepping in. That was also back when I was an indoctrinated born again christian. Back when I had some hope.

You was an indoctrinated born again christian in 3rd grade?

You was in 3rd grade during what... the Persian Gulf War? 1990ish?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhatWeNeedToday

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
So did Pope Francis look in a crystal ball, get a message from God or did he happen to pick up a newspaper. Near collapse, this is old news LOL, the writing has been on the wall for a long time for those with eyes to see and mind to

If it is "old news," then why haven't you demanded that your government do something to rectify the problem? Heck, why haven't you formed a new government? A new country?

Exactly. Get off your high horse. It is not old news because it still applies to today. It is current news. Get in-touch with reality. Perhaps, you are one of the few with a time-share in an underground bunker or society, so you can sit there on your high horse scoffing at the People as they struggle with yet another economic collapse.

Grow up, dude, and start doing good for once instead of spewing out foolishness.

Hey, I send my emails and letters to the government hoping that everyone else does the same, have you? I've been researching the downhill spiral since 1978, have you? Problem is we're dealing with criminals that own the corrupt legal system, the corrupt always favour the criminals. I am quite sure however that if no peaceful solution is offered by our idiot governments, a violent solution will ensue.

I don't have a time share in a bunker and between the three minor/major recessions/collapses between 1985 and 2008 I lost roughly $33 million, how much did you lose?

I do however live in a small tight-knit community that has one-road-in, have my own stand-alone electrical generating systems to share with my neighbors, secondary and tertiary communications systems, the ability to make ethanol and diesel, a 2000 joule electrified fencing system, wood stoves in my house with a lot of trees around and a good size vegetable garden with black walnuts and apple trees as well, clean well water, fishing two minutes walking distance and hunting out my window (the deer and rabbits graze in my back and front yards).

Yeah, I'm prepped are you? Rather than bitch and moan about my being sensible, watching the trends and getting ready, you might want to look at yourself.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/16.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
I would love to know just how much money the Vatican makes each year from its investments, I was quite shocked to learn that the Vatican owned brothels, who would have though that? Payment for the use of the brothel, then paymant again for a dispensation!

It's pretty typical fare, just control of both sides of the game to garner the most profit. This has been going on for so long in pretty much every system of centralized deception. It really doesn't matter if you look at politics, religion or business, the people who make the most profits, create their own controlled opposition.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

It really doesn't matter if you look at politics, religion or business, the people who make the most profits, create their own controlled opposition.

And therein lies the crux and the truth of it.
Over here we have all the Etonian schoolboys bending over for each other while they all have a shot at running our country under different colours/flags.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
what if this is just propaganda? the church always has ruled by fear. what if people are just waking up and putting less money into it? granted the us economy is "compromised" atm, but surly not the worlds?

P.s. Catholicism isn't a whole. there are secular cults that have nothing to do with the pope.

i should say "they have no correspondence with the pope".

edit on 16-6-2014 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2014 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusChristwins
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Read the Apocalypse my friend. Whore Rome and its kings, the popes, are being described from 17:1 till 18:24 of the Apocalypse. It is more than clear that it speaks about the popes and says

"They pretend 7 kings, 5 have fallen, 1 still exists, and the other has not come yet and when he comes, few time he will stay. As for the beast, which existed and now it does not, that is the eighth and yet is one of the seven and goes towards the loss"

Now, Mussolini created the new papal kingdom to get the support of the pope. Since then 7 popes have passed, the 7 kings the Apocalypse say. Also, pope Francis took his position while the previous pope is still in life. That was against the rules so far, that happened for the first time. Does the Apocalypse present correctly the situation we currently face? Well, it sure does!

For me it is more than crystal clear that pope Francis is the last pope, that he is the one who will bring and support the antichrist (he is not the antichrist, you can say his most faithful servant).

Yes, the antichrist will look like Jesus, will do fake miracles with the assistance of satan to make people believe that he is Jesus, will try to show the world that he is here to solve humanity's problems.

And that is the part when many people will fall into that delusion. The part when the antichrist will show his real face, the part when he will begin to destroy humanity starting with the people who believed in him first and then hunting down all the others who opposed him and hide from him. Hopefully, a greater war than WW3 will collapse and the antichrist will lose, satan will be locked into the abyss for 1000 years and humanity will be saved for good!

But don't just take my words. Everything i just said comes from the Holy Texts of the New Testament and Saints. Nothing is mine, i added nothing more than they said. So far, the Holy Texts have come true about our ages. Will they suddenly start to become wrong and faulty? Of course they won't.

But as i say in my sig, time will show if i will be once again correct for listening to what the Holy Texts have been telling us or if i will be wrong.

From this, I know where you stood at, when you confronted me in my thread about John 23...Good to know it. It is nothing like the official Orthodox churches' positions, Russian and Greek. Not even close to them. I bet pope Francis will find the correct language with them pretty soon. And will avoid the terrifying imaginations you put here as solely your own views on the world.

From the whole list of accusations of the pope, I will pick only one.
"pope Francis took his position while the previous pope is still in life. That was against the rules so far, that happened for the first time. "

That doesn't happen for the first time in history of Roman catholic church. Even recently in the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate in Jerusalem, when one patriarch was exchanged by another. Benedict absolutely voluntarily resigned, following the example of St Celestine V. Francis was elect by majority above 2/3 as many cardinals explained later in the media.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hmmmbeer

Now I know there is no god, and religion is a fraud and this guy heads a major branch, but what he says, and how he says it is very good.

Congratulations, your IQ has just reached the minimum level available!

Next time you see a lighting, go towards it holding a metal object.

originally posted by: 2012newstart
From this, I know where you stood at, when you confronted me in my thread about John 23...Good to know it. It is nothing like the official Orthodox churches' positions, Russian and Greek. Not even close to them. I bet pope Francis will find the correct language with them pretty soon. And will avoid the terrifying imaginations you put here as solely your own views on the world.

From the whole list of accusations of the pope, I will pick only one.
"pope Francis took his position while the previous pope is still in life. That was against the rules so far, that happened for the first time. "

That doesn't happen for the first time in history of Roman catholic church. Even recently in the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate in Jerusalem, when one patriarch was exchanged by another. Benedict absolutely voluntarily resigned, following the example of St Celestine V. Francis was elect by majority above 2/3 as many cardinals explained later in the media.

Oh there he comes again
Mr. "Jesus-had-kids".

Tell me sir, how many times have you got into an Orthodox church in your life? Let me guess, none!

Since you know so much better than me the Orthodox church then you MUST know the names of the Saints who said many times that almost all popes are servants of satan. Could you please tell me who these Saints are?

And allow me to correct you, in the Orthodox church a Patriarch can leave his position at any moment he wants.
And, Bartholomaios, the Ecumenical Patriarch is a heretic. No Orthodox Patriarch would ever accept pope after 1054, until the pope accepts that filioque is a HUGE mistake.

As i said in my posts in your thread, you have no idea about Christianity, completely no idea about Orthodoxy. Search, cause i am sure you have no idea about, why i call Bartholomaios a heretic and you shall make the first step towards the understanding of Christianity. However, know that your road is really long, maybe endless...
edit on 16-6-2014 by JesusChristwins because: needed to say hello to mr. "i-know-everything"

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The Vatican is a worthless out-dated institution built on myth and mistranslations. Jesus was a Jew that died a long time ago. His teaching were not even particularly original. He parroted everything the Essene Jews taught, including the idea that each individual was a "son of god". Something the ignorant folk took literally and associated erroneously with just him.

If he's so worried about global economic collapse, he should officially end the religion, donate the gold relics and turn the place into a museum. Humanity needs to evolve beyond made-up religions and superstitions.

(post by WhatWeNeedToday removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think its time he put the bullet proof bubble back over the Pope mobile.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Regardless of your spiritual beliefs, I would not take economic advice from a middle-aged priest.

LOL. A fair point indeed.

Thing is, will always be teetering...
Has to be, those with the most to lose can't afford for it to fail, so any amount of artificial support can and will be done to continue it. Vicious cycle, but at this point, really no other viable option.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join