It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Warns The Global Economy Is Near Collapse

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

An economy built on money-worship and war and scarred by yawning inequality and youth unemployment cannot survive, the 77-year-old Roman Catholic leader suggested in a newly published interview...

“We discard a whole generation to maintain an economic system that no longer endures, a system that to survive has to make war, as the big empires have always done,” he said...

"But since we cannot wage the Third World War, we make regional wars," he added. "And what does that mean? That we make and sell arms. And with that the balance sheets of the idolatrous economies -- the big world economies that sacrifice man at the feet of the idol of money -- are obviously cleaned up."

Pope Francis Warns The Global Economy Is Near Collapse

I continue to be impressed by Francis.

Whether or not there are ulterior motives at work or not it is very refreshing to see someone with such authority and respect saying these things.

Cheers!
edit on 6/14/14 by soulshn because: doh!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: soulshn

So did Pope Francis look in a crystal ball, get a message from God or did he happen to pick up a newspaper. Near collapse, this is old news LOL, the writing has been on the wall for a long time for those with eyes to see and mind to comprehend.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Anyone with a pulse and 2 brain cells to rub together can tell that the global economy is tettering on the edge. However its nice that he actually stated the obvious that the political classes are denying.

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I am more impressed by his willingness to call out the war-mongering and profiteering activities of our 'elected leaders' than by his market analysis to be honest. I do not recall any one else in such a position of power laying it out so clearly (and living to tell about it): our governments are willing to kill indiscriminately in order to maintain their grip on power and increase their profits.

Now if only more people would listen. I intend to share this article with all my non 'conspiracy-minded' Christian friends and hope others do as well.
edit on 6/14/14 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
He's actually making sense!

He's humble,smart and progressive minded.
I wish all the popes in the past would have been like him. Would have given us Catholics a better name.
I really like him, have heard him speak on tv and he comes across as a normal minded thinking man, who is trying to help/ solve this world's problems.... alas one man isn't enough and some hate him for being so open-minded and liberal.

I still wait for something big to come from him, my intuition tells me that he is going to be a game changer, he will do something big in pope history.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: monkofmimir
Anyone with a pulse and 2 brain cells to rub together can tell that the global economy is tettering on the edge. However its nice that he actually stated the obvious that the political classes are denying.

The difference is that this guy commands a world stage and what he has to say influences many millions of people. Take a walk down your high street and just watch the numbers of people who subscribe to the religion of capitalism.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Wow, the pontiff in Rome is right on the money with this statement.

Maybe all is not lost if we have a spiritual leader like him to tell us how it really is.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
I still wait for something big to come from him, my intuition tells me that he is going to be a game changer, he will do something big in pope history.

Maybe he ll come out of the closet to be the first openly gay pope.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Someone has got to get this pope up to speed on what is really going on.

We are not making these regional wars, we are allowing them to happen. When the western world lets down its guard completely EVIL will take over and prevail. It will spread like cancer, consuming everything that was good in its path... Even the Vatican will not be immune to this evil.

The economy will be destroyed, from within by greed, and from the outside by disruption in the flow of natural resources...

We can confront this evil now or wait until it approaches our doorstep.... Or when it is too late...

The rise of evil in this world is THE greatest threat we face NOW. Prayers alone and calls for peace from this "holy father" will not stop it.

The pontiff can't compete with the designed and growing aversion to faith, if he can't bring people to God, then he can't bring God into this world... There is only one fate for a godless world...

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Regardless of your spiritual beliefs, I would not take economic advice from a middle-aged priest.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
The pontiff can't compete with the designed and growing aversion to faith, if he can't bring people to God, then he can't bring God into this world... There is only one fate for a godless world...

Maybe the best way to bring people back to faith is by telling them the truth and about the true nature of evil.

originally posted by: ausername
When the western world lets down its guard completely EVIL will take over and prevail. It will spread like cancer, consuming everything that was good in its path

Are you really claiming that anything not of the West is evil and that the West displays true righteousness, or am i misreading your post?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

the writing has been on the wall for a long time for those with eyes to see and mind to comprehend.

Cheers - Dave

This may well be correct, but it's a difference whether you and me think that..or THE POPE talks about it in public. Because not everyone has the "eyes to see", and yes, the political classes are denying this and are acting the exact opposite. So regardless, it's a good thing he says it.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
With all the children flowing into the us at alarming rates,the border wars everywhere,avaition mysteries,complete corruption with world leaders and the list just gets longer. It would just be par for the coarse if the money collapsed now.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Yeah in a way its good that he's calling them out. But I am sceptical. He is likely just trying different tactics to try and trick more people (back) into his flock.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

No, you read it correctly. As it was intended. Do we need to get into regional demographics?

There are still a few left in the Vatican who would understand the meaning completely...

The church as a whole has been infiltrated and corrupted... It cannot be a beacon for the whole world until it cleans its own house..

What can be created can also be destroyed.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The end is near, repent and be forgiven.

That is what i get out of this.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I think you need to take a good look around. The west DID create the wars. These plans were set in motion over a century ago. The European empires have destabilised their former colonies, and now they are at war. Corporations are arming all sides to profit from it. Corporations are destroying the planet for resources. Corporations are deliberately withholding clean and safe technologies because they do not profit. I think the latest in a long line of great evils is already running rampant and has done for hundreds of years. In a word it's corrupt capitalism. A system that would work fine if people were not so damn greedy and intent on having it all whatever the cost to fellow life and the planet.

Just like throughout history, when one evil empire falls, another rises in its place. Its human nature and there's nothing you can do about it. Religion is part and parcel of it. There is no god out there to help us or hinder us. Everything that happens is down to us and our inability to learn from our mistakes. Civilisations fall because we destroy ourselves. Our own stupidity gets the better of us and the laws of nature take control.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
...... Said the guy living in the gold Encrusted palace.
But in any case he is right. Now if you could just mobilize enough of those silly looking Vatican guards we can get the show started

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_

Corruption and greed are driven by evil.

We didn't create these wars and conflicts, however evil people and entities exploit them whenever and wherever they can.

As for what I was going to say here, I have decided not to. Some things are better left unsaid.
edit on 14-6-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
People in glass houses.
Seems though good intent is meant again.

Do people think he will ever challenge something difficult rather than easy victims?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join