It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama will not send troops into Iraq. Will consider further actions over coming days: Statement.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I always wondered if my attitude towards the end time evils of the bible should be to try and stop it or what .I dont need to wrestle with those sorts of questions anymore because they are going to happen .Its a done deal .They will end up being Israels friend for a short while though .If they are not already . a reply to: daaskapital

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
a reply to: beezzer

I do agree that there isn't all too much Obama could do, and even his comments seem fair. But sweet Jesus, he is taking his time in analysing the situation. He is still considering military action, and as such, should probably hurry up in coming to a decision, before ISIS reaches Baghdad...

That's because he is looking at this as a politician, not as a leader.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Why doesn't he just show them his Nobel Peace Prize.

That ought to stop them...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

All fluff and nothing more. Pretty disappointed...i was hoping for some serious discourse here.

Ciao Baghdad, lol.

Like what?
Fire up the B52's?
50,000 troops on standby?
Syria, Libya and Egypt are in chaos, The militants have just walked into Iraq and are about to take it.
One wrong move and the entire arena erupts.. Now is a time to see what settles.

Baghdad will fall no matter how many drones are buzzing the skies. No points wasting anything trying to stop that.

Watch, monitor and talk. Until America is in absolute peril, do nothing, say nothing, never box yourself in.

Obama's playing it correct.

I don't know. Something is better than nothing.

I agree that it is wise not to rush in there, and instead see how things play out. That said, i also think it is important to ensure that Baghdad at least has a good chance of standing. If ISIS get's Iraq, what are they going to do then? They'll probably act to ensure that their land is stable, then turn their sites back on to Syria and just gun it back over the border and push into Syrian government territory. I'm betting that ISIS will take such action if they are ultimately successful in taking, and holding, Iraq.
edit on 13-6-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Why doesn't he just show them his Nobel Peace Prize.

That ought to stop them...

This is what he's doing right now...no super secret plan for this weekend...nothing heavy on his mind...

Obama Handles Iraq Crisis By Golfing In Palm Springs

From the Palm Springs Press-Enterprise:

President to arrive Friday evening

BY LUKE RAMSETH and DAVID MONTERO | June 11, 2014

President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama should land at Palm Springs International Airport at about 6 p.m. Friday, straight from a visit to the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation in North Dakota.

At approximately 8:30 a.m. Saturday, they’ll jump over to Laguna Beach for a Democratic National Committee fundraiser, followed by the commencement address to UC Irvine’s Class of 2014 at Angel Stadium, which wraps up at 1 p.m.

Work work work. When does Obama ever find the time to pump iron?

That puts the Obamas back in the desert at about 2 p.m. Saturday. They will stay for Father’s Day, before flying home to Washington, D.C., mid-morning on Monday. It’s unclear if their daughters, Malia and Sasha, will tag along.

What is Obama’s plan here in the Coachella Valley? Presumably a short vacation, and likely a round of golf or two – though the details remain fuzzy.

It’s the president’s third desert visit since June, 2013, though the first time accompanied by his wife…

The Federal Aviation Administration issued temporary flight restrictions throughout the weekend, citing “VIP movement,” for airspace surrounding the Palm Springs airport.

Private pilots are being warned that planes will not be allowed within an 11-nautical-mile radius of Palm Springs International Airport beginning at 5:30 p.m. That restriction will remain in place until 8:30 a.m. Saturday. A similar restriction will be put in place at the Palm Springs airport between 1:45 p.m. Saturday and 12:30 p.m. Monday…
sweetness-light.com...

Des

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Just an idea here

Obama says no troops? This is a trap for Iran.

One big mouse trap to catch Iran. No US troops............... Iran sends troops in to fight Sunnis................US sees (media goes hyper on this) Iranian invasion of Iraq and US supports its ally Iraq taking out Iran.

Job done for Israel.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I just got some inside info and all is good.

Word is when our president hits the golf courses in Palm Springs later on he has a plan that he will execute without congress approval, he will be launching a very dangerous ICGB ( intercontinental golf ball ) again folks all is good.

*end alert*

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I am sure the President should be listening to you people instead of highly educated and experienced five star generals, state department, economists, ambassadors, and other council.

Where is the eye rolling emoticon?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nixie_nox

It has not worked yet.

edit on 13-6-2014 by thesaneone because: Words

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I just got some inside info and all is good.

Word is when our president hits the golf courses in Palm Springs later on he has a plan that he will execute without congress approval, he will be launching a very dangerous ICGB ( intercontinental golf ball ) again folks all is good.

*end alert*

You know what this means don't you...

He left Jarrett, Rice, and Biden in charge....

Des

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nixie_nox
I am sure the President should be listening to you people instead of highly educated and experienced five star generals, state department, economists, ambassadors, and other council.

Where is the eye rolling emoticon?

No one here is comparing themselves to such council. Nor are we saying that he shouldn't be listening to his advisers.

I've presented my personal opinion in that i believe that the international scene should act hastily in making a decision on what to do regarding the situation at hand. You know, ISIS is sitting on the outskirts of Baghdad, and actually has control of the nation's water supply. I don't think holding off for a couple of days is ideal...ISIS could go in at any moment...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: Destinyone

All fluff and nothing more. Pretty disappointed...i was hoping for some serious discourse here.

Ciao Baghdad, lol.

Obama just gave the green light to the newly forming caliphate....I predict gas prices will shoot up a couple of dollars a gallon in the next 9 months.

Des

Yeah, i feel that this is an all or nothing scenario. As the world is prancing about, we have these ISIS extremists making serious headway towards Baghdad. If no one comes up with a plan soon, i think that the chances of Baghdad falling will be significantly increased. They've taken about half of Iraq in a number of days. If they keep this momentum up, they'll have taken Baghdad by the time Obama finally comes to a decision on a specific course of action...

The only *course* of action this asshat ever considers, is which golf course he wants to play from day to day.

I can't believe what the die hard arse kissers on the talking head shows are trying to say. "The President doesn't tell us everything, he probably has a super secret game plan that will take place over the weekend".

Yep that is exactly what they said, with that deer in the headlights look on their faces.

Damn! I wish to hell we had a real President...

Des

Obama's hardest decision of a given week, typically;

9 iron or the wedge. Oh no, brain meltdown.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

There is nothing to do. There is nothing to be done. This outcome was determined as soon as we toppled Sadam and looted the country. ISIS and all the others like them know that no country, not even the mighty USA, can sustain an occupation indefinitely. They just bide their time until we're forced to leave or go bankrupt and then act swiftly to take a weakened and desperate country. We simply did all their upfront work for them. You have to have your head WAY up your eataskareater to have not seen this from the very beginning. This is a lose-lose-lose proposition. We got what we wanted. A lot of rich guys got richer. The Iraqi people don't have the will (at this time) to stop what is happening. Without that will, the situation is hopeless. All we have done is make things far, far worse than they were.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We already have boots on the ground (independent contractors) and plenty of wingtips on the ground (intelligence officers) too.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

What hasn't?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Perhaps this is one of the reasons they are in so much trouble.

It's no wonder a bunch of guys in Toyotas can take over a Country.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Just an idea here

Obama says no troops? This is a trap for Iran.

One big mouse trap to catch Iran. No US troops............... Iran sends troops in to fight Sunnis................US sees (media goes hyper on this) Iranian invasion of Iraq and US supports its ally Iraq taking out Iran.

Job done for Israel.

Good lord if Obama was this smart he would have a working obama care website, and know how many people have signed up and paid. Oh and BTW for less than 5 Billion.

Seriously he couldn't pour piss out a boot if the instructions were on the heel. He is either the ultimate long term evil planner to bankrupt the United States or a complete and utter failure and a victim of his own inferior brain power. Guess which way I am betting.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Everyone seems t be skipping over the fact that the Iraqi military just ran away when ISIS/ISIL walked up. Why should we go back to help if they can't even attempt to fight for themselves?

I Hoope Obama goes with the 9 iron this weekend, the wedge is just for sand. It is Father's Day weekend, I'm sure he needs to relax a little.

t

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Nothing adds to discourse on modern events like 6 year old jokes from the Faux news automatons that adds nothing to the conversation and shows how little you know of how things actually work.

My young son is getting ready to take golf lessons. Why? Because a lot of business deals and transactions happen on the golf course. 90% of management of Fortune 500 companies play golf just for that reason. It is the foundation of of recruiting, networking, and business promotion. Not being in an office environment allows more personal discourse.

Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Almost by half.

Funny how the automatons never stop to look and see that Boehner plays 4.5 times as much golf in a year than the President.

But when you are too busy supporting your party's agenda, who has time to look for double standards?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nixie_nox

Boehner is not the president.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join