It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama will not send troops into Iraq. Will consider further actions over coming days: Statement.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This could have all been a plan to see who would come into the fray and monitor how (looks like Iran) will respond on the ground .So it looks like there is a war going to happen ,sort of , kind of .. a reply to: daaskapital

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So all I got from the President is we are going to do nothing to a country that we wrongfully destroyed.

Also I heard that the Syrian Civil war has spilled into Iraq and they are conquering cities and moving towards Bagdad. It an army invade another country and take over cities and land, doesn't that mean it is no longer a civil war and is now a full scale war with an Ally we have agree to protect in times of war..... Just saying.

link   
"vigilant on any dangers to American citizens in Iraq" what the hell does that mean, these people are 15 miles out of Bagdad, they will probably be in Bagdad by days end and he is going to watch it for a few days.

Jarrett has spoken, let the Iranians fight these guys and they can have Iraq.

link   
a reply to: daaskapital

US involvement will be insured when gas prices go above $5.00 a gallon. A rise in fuel cost this significant might just be the last blow our economy can stand before a complete collapse. With this knucklehead that probably is the plan.

edit on 13-6-2014 by MarlinGrace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

After watching this mess unfold all I can wonder is if we are going to see the same thing happen in Afghanistan with the Taliban at the end of the year or whenever we pull everyone out.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
WTF Barry?
Our people died for this to be the result?

Grow some balls obama please.

Come on man, thats like me punching a 7 year old girl right in the nose as hard as i can being 6'1 and 225lbs
and telling her to "walk it off"

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: daaskapital
All fluff and nothing more. Pretty disappointed...i was hoping for some serious discourse here.

Ciao Baghdad, lol.

Obama just gave the green light to the newly forming caliphate....I predict gas prices will shoot up a couple of dollars a gallon in the next 9 months.

Des

Yeah, i feel that this is an all or nothing scenario. As the world is prancing about, we have these ISIS extremists making serious headway towards Baghdad. If no one comes up with a plan soon, i think that the chances of Baghdad falling will be significantly increased. They've taken about half of Iraq in a number of days. If they keep this momentum up, they'll have taken Baghdad by the time Obama finally comes to a decision on a specific course of action...
edit on 13-6-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

After watching this mess unfold all I can wonder is if we are going to see the same thing happen in Afghanistan with the Taliban at the end of the year or whenever we pull everyone out.

Sadly,you are damned right Bassago.
They are waiting for the day.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
We should not get involved, period.

We should never have been there in the first place, we shouldn't use our previous mistake as an excuse to have to go back.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

- Obama stated that the USA will not send any American troops into Iraq,

He also mentioned that if you like your healthcare plan and doctor, you can keep them.
When we are sending troops on the ground, remember, you heard it hear first.

He is an idiot to say that, not knowing what is going to happen. This is why he is a douche.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

All fluff and nothing more. Pretty disappointed...i was hoping for some serious discourse here.

Ciao Baghdad, lol.

Obama just gave the green light to the newly forming caliphate....I predict gas prices will shoot up a couple of dollars a gallon in the next 9 months.

Des

Yeah, i feel that this is an all or nothing scenario. As the world is prancing about, we have these ISIS extremists making serious headway towards Baghdad. If no one comes up with a plan soon, i think that the chances of Baghdad falling will be significantly increased. They've taken about half of Iraq in a number of days. If they keep this momentum up, they'll have taken Baghdad by the time Obama finally comes to a decision on a specific course of action...

The only *course* of action this asshat ever considers, is which golf course he wants to play from day to day.

I can't believe what the die hard arse kissers on the talking head shows are trying to say. "The President doesn't tell us everything, he probably has a super secret game plan that will take place over the weekend".

Yep that is exactly what they said, with that deer in the headlights look on their faces.

Damn! I wish to hell we had a real President...

Des

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Iraq needs to make hard decisions, like Obama has made? Maybe they can look to Obama for inspiration, since he has had to make all kinds of "hard decisions" like swapping 5 terrorists for one deserter. Like disregarding the law and the constitution every chance he can get.

Ooh, I know - they can ban guns entirely, that way ISIS won't be able to shoot anyone once the ban goes into effect.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

We should never have been there in the first place, we shouldn't use our previous mistake as an excuse to have to go back.

We shouldn't have been there in the first place but as we were,under false pretences I know-we can't just let the country be overrun by this band of sick fanatics who routinely maim,behead and crucify anyone who does not go along with them.
At least I don't think we should-is that how we repay the blood of all who died fighting?
Is that how we repay the Iraqis after promising a democratic Iraq?
Apparently Obama thinks so.

We need to man up and take out the Isil bandits IMO.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Ciao Baghdad, lol.

Des

The only *course* of action this asshat ever considers, is which golf course he wants to play from day to day.

I can't believe what the die hard arse kissers on the talking head shows are trying to say. "The President doesn't tell us everything, he probably has a super secret game plan that will take place over the weekend".

Yep that is exactly what they said, with that deer in the headlights look on their faces.

Damn! I wish to hell we had a real President...

Des

Too true.

Time is of the essence, and we are definitely losing that very precious time in which to act on the situation in Iraq. I know not everyone is keen on helping Iraq through this ordeal, but i believe that it is essential that the international community ensures that Baghdad doesn't fall...

Ahhhhhh...the stupidity of some really do agitate me. I think it is clear that Obama, and in extension, his advisers, have no idea what to do right now. The best they've got is to just sit back and analyse the situation. I don't think this is the time to kick back and relax...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

We shouldn't have been there in the first place but as we were,under false pretences I know-we can't just let the country be overrun by this band of sick fanatics who routinely maim,behead and crucify anyone who does not go along with them.
At least I don't think we should-is that how we repay the blood of all who died fighting?

Iraq needs to take care of themselves, we can't be their bodyguard forever. And that is exactly what you are suggesting we do.

Going there in the first place was a mistake, going back would be a bigger mistake.

Let the UN handle it if they want.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Iraq needs to take care of themselves, we can't be their bodyguard forever. And that is exactly what you are suggesting we do.

Going there in the first place was a mistake, going back would be a bigger mistake.

Let the UN handle it if they want.

The UN can't manage themselves, let alone settle serious disputes.

Yes, Iraq needs to take care of themselves. But the position of which they find themselves in, is that serious that i think some form of intervention is warranted. It is clear that Iraq is unable to unilaterally deal with the situation they are facing.

We don't necessarily need to send troops back over there, but anything right now is better than letting the country fall to caliphate-wanting extremists.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Barack Obama has just made a statement. Here's what he had to say:

- Obama stated that the USA will not send any American troops into Iraq, and that he will be analysing the situation in the days ahead.

- He has further called on Iraq to step up and make hard decisions

- The USA will pursue intensive diplomacy in Iraq and broader region, in order to ensure deeper stability.

- The USA's top priority is to remain vigilant on any dangers to American citizens in Iraq.

Really, all fluff and just repeated statements from prior media releases. Pretty disappointing.

I'm going to take some flack for saying this, but what else is he supposed to say?

He screwed up years ago. This didn't/doesn't just happen over night.

His foreign policy is weak.
The military is tired.
He has no "gravitas" in the region.

There isn't much he can or will do.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Ciao Baghdad, lol.

Like what?
Fire up the B52's?
50,000 troops on standby?
Syria, Libya and Egypt are in chaos, The militants have just walked into Iraq and are about to take it.
One wrong move and the entire arena erupts.. Now is a time to see what settles.

Baghdad will fall no matter how many drones are buzzing the skies. No points wasting anything trying to stop that.

Watch, monitor and talk. Until America is in absolute peril, do nothing, say nothing, never box yourself in.

Obama's playing it correct.
edit on am1144308132014-06-13T11:44:47-05:00112014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on am1146308132014-06-13T11:46:24-05:00112014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
del
edit on 13-6-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I do agree that there isn't all too much Obama could do, and even his comments seem fair. But sweet Jesus, he is taking his time in analysing the situation. He is still considering military action, and as such, should probably hurry up in coming to a decision, preferably before ISIS reaches Baghdad...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join