It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Deploys Forces to Fight al Qaeda-Inspired Militants in Iraq

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dimdown

Consider what was just linked

With the addition of this link

Saudi Arabia now "has the opportunity to regain its leading role" in the region after it "subsided in favor of Iran and Turkey following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and the U.S. invasion of Iraq," in 2003, observed political analyst Abdullah al-Shummari. Read more: www.upi.com...

His elevation to chief of Saudi Arabia's vast intelligence network, and the unlimited funds it controls, came only one day after the embattled Damascus regime was battered by the loss of four of President Bashar Assad's most important security chiefs in a bombing inside the heavily guarded national security headquarters. Read more: www.upi.com...

Literally Saudi Arabia OWNS AQ.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I'm sorry... I realized after I wrote that, you're a brand new addition to our community and what would be in context to folks who chat back and forth on this daily may not be so easily picked up. My bad..

With respect..I disagree. Al Qaeda was born of Usama Bin Laden and his rage for being denied by the Saudi Royals when he offered his rag tag forces back from the Afghani Jihad to defend against Iraq following the invasion of Kuwait. Saudi invited U.S. forces in anyway and onto "Sacred Soil" to Bin Laden's thinking. He didn't pop up on 2001, but was raising mayhem and blowing up things, like Embassies, well before taking a second swipe at the WTC.

What I really get upset with is how the same actual fighters and likely some who actually fought American forces face to face....pop up in Libya and get US/Western support to fight more. They pop up in Syria and we support them more. Then, we actually train them in US Sponsored camps in Jordan recently where they got some formal help before turning back into the Syrian Civil War.

So.. it's a real real complex situation, but then what in that region isn't an onion of layers? Having recalled Al Qaeda before 9/11 though, and all too well in fact, I don't think it's ever been a direct supported entity of Uncle.

There may WELL have been corrupt interests on our side working from the shadows and doing side crap. Wouldn't surprise me...but Al Qaeda would shoot any American as soon as sit at a table to deal with them. It's been that way from the start as the record indicated and continues to as more is known.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: marg6043

and we got Saudi and company.

Exato mudo, my friend, regardless of what kind of regional conflicts are brewing in the Middle east US will always protect the Saud feudal monarchy and their oil control, but also Kuwait and Quatar.

Hell they should be added to the 'state sponsor terrorist' list just like their kissing cousins Iran.

link   
a reply to: neo96
Oh, I agree the Saudis have a huge role in it too!

(side note: I am a total NOOB here and am absolutely loving being a part of this conversation. I'm beginning to see how this forum can be so addicting!)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

And that is correct, Osama is a product of western influences, I mean money and power, I say is because even when I know he died is many others just like him waiting for their turn.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

And that is correct, Osama is a product of western influences, I mean money and power, I say is because even when I know he died is many others just like him waiting for their turn.

He is not an 'entire' product of the west.

As he had a lot of help from his 'friends'.

Pakistans ISI, and other Sunni Friendly countries in the ME.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Yeeeah.. That explains why we're headhunting them and killing them on sight with drones in 4 nations right now. It gives perfect context to why CIA agents were and for all I know, still are of special importance for A.Q. to target for assassination in Afghanistan. They seem to throw a full blown party when they get an honest to god CIA Officer.
That all makes total sense for the umbrella organization..or whats left of it...being a supported entity of the U.S. Government.
Or..maybe..that's not entirely accurate? That's always possible too.

Double jeopardy, Wrab. Besides the drones being used, or perhaps, were being used were just too big and innocents got killed and that is what pisses me off.
I don't care about the machinations of governments, it's all bull and most folk just want to live their lives through in a decent manner, it's only governments that ever feck things up.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Double jeopardy, Wrab. Besides the drones being used, or perhaps, were being used were just too big and innocents got killed and that is what pisses me off.

People were getting killed long before drones came on the scene.

As in Clintons cruise missiles that failed to hit their targets.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You know that and I know that and we all know that, but the hypocrisy and to think that they were rejoicing in their country when 9/11 tragedy.

The Saud House have so much money thanks to the US propping them and their oil since the 70s that they can fund as many terrorist groups as the want, I guess with soo many princes competing for power they enjoy the game of tagging the donkey when it comes to fund the next self proclaim terrorist group.

But they claim Al Qaida is their archenemy. he, he.

How the Saudis created the middle east monster, circa 2002

The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in December 1979 provided the kingdom with an ideal opportunity to sponsor a bona fide holy war that would showcase Wahhabi ideals and quiet Iranian-inspired Islamist opposition to the monarchy. Madrasas around the Arab and Islamic world produced shock troops for this jihad. After the Russians were driven out of Afghanistan, these "Arab Afghans" began trickling home and looked for other jihads. The Saudis had created a monster; to be sure they did not wreak havoc inside the kingdom, bin Laden and other Saudi Islamists were encouraged to wage holy war abroad. When the Clinton administration cornered Osama bin Laden in the Sudan in 1998, the Saudis refused to allow his extradition back home, where he could be neutralized. Instead, the Saudi intelligence chief – Prince Turki – reportedly offered bin Laden $200 million to go to Afghanistan, on the condition that he not target the Saudi royal family. Bin Laden honored his promise – there has not been a single attack by Al-Qaeda against the Al-Saud family. Inside the kingdom, Al-Qaeda has only operated against the Americans and the British. Over time, the understanding became that bin Laden would leave the Saudis alone only if they allowed the network of charities funding Al-Qaeda to operate unhindered. On the day after the September 11 attacks, the first thing Riyadh did was evacuate two dozen members of the bin Laden family residing in the US on the private jet of its ambassador, Prince Bandar.

www.meforum.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Bill Clinton didn't fail to hit the target. He completely destroyed a perfectly good asprin factory.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No, no an entire product but most of it.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Thus, when FDR met with King Abdulaziz bin Saud in 1945, a marriage of convenience was born. But the original reasons for this marriage of convenience have long since faded away. It is time for a divorce.

See this irks me.

Started with FDR, and every Potus since him.

But only one president gets bashed for it ? GW

That aint right.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

No, no an entire product but most of it.

I wouldn't say that.

Arguably the best-known mujahideen outside the Islamic world, various loosely aligned Afghan opposition groups initially rebelled against the government of the pro-Soviet Democratic Republic of Afghanistan (DRA) during the late 1970s. At the DRA's request, the Soviet Union brought forces into the country to aid the government from 1979. The mujahideen fought against Soviet and DRA troops during the Soviet War in Afghanistan (1979-1989); the United States provided assistance. After the Soviet Union pulled out of the conflict in the late 1980s, the mujahideen fought each other for control in the subsequent Afghan Civil War.

en.wikipedia.org...

I would say he is an equal product of both East and West.

As well as the Middle East who never came out of the dark ages.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Bill Clinton didn't fail to hit the target. He completely destroyed a perfectly good asprin factory.

Well Aspirin is made from oil.

So........

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yes he did got bashed, but you know, the Bush family have vast investments in oil and they consider the Saud house their friends.

And to think that is links of the Bushes old oil company to the Bin laden family.

I love digging in history

Yes it was FDR that promised protection to the Saud monarchy back in the days and that protection promise is so great that span even today, now back in the days the Saud family didn't have the money to do funding for terrorist groups that came after, and even when the US knows about this they still protect them.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Aspirin factory, what happen to the powder milk factory,

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: smurfy

People were getting killed long before drones came on the scene.

As in Clintons cruise missiles that failed to hit their targets.

Get away! I don't believe you? However, maybe I should have not mentioned the drones in reply to Wrabs much larger post in which the 'double jeopardy' does apply.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Like someone said earlier what if this is what finally does it and makes them link together?

Also we need to wait and watch to see how close this gets to Turkey or Jordan. Either one will equal some sort of war for most countries.

link   
Well I just found this story done today, It seems that Baghdad already has fallen to the militias

The collapse of central authority also was evident in Baghdad, where the Iraqi Parliament failed to muster a quorum to consider a request from Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki for a declaration of a state of emergency. Maliki responded in a statement read on state television by accusing Sunni political parties of conspiring to destroy the state. In recent days, Maliki, who also serves as the defense minister, has blamed the same parties for the army’s massive desertion in the face of the ISIS offensive.

“Iraq’s future at this point is being shaped by conflict rather than by a viable political system. No one really knows where it’s going,” Salman Sheikh, the director of the Brookings Doha Center in Qatar, said in a telephone interview from Beirut. “The long-term impact could be quite cataclysmic, not just for Iraq, but for the entire region.”

The prediction that Iraq would one day descend into an ungovernable space of feuding ethnic and religious groups was first made when U.S. forces toppled Saddam Hussein in 2003. Now that it seemed to be happening, many found it difficult to grasp the unfolding reality.

Read more here: www.macon.com...=cpy

link   

Aspirin factory, what happen to the powder milk factory,

That was Bush not Clinton, early in his Iraq war. They had solid information that WMDs were there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join