It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA mother of seven dies while serving two-day jail term for kids’ truancy violations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Holy crow! Let's consider something here. This woman was of post-menopausal age. It's therefore logical to conclude that most of her children would be thirty-ish, and that the truancy could be merely caused by her youngest dropping out. I searched the net to discover their ages, but found nothing, no obituary. She was most likely poor, imho. RIP, Eileen.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Safe bet the lawyers are lining up to help those poor kids survive the rest of their lives. Most will not survive. There's a rule a Dr. friend of mine told me if you know someone 55 and they over 300 lbs they stand a 90% chance of not seeing 60

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Are we really having to do time because our kids skip school?

Yes we are and yes we should. Minors are the parent's responsibility, period. I think that this should be expanded to include criminal charges for parents of bullies and ESPECIALLY gun owning parents who have their firearms used in school shootings.

I have 2 boys 25 and 22 the 25 year old had all kinds of problems with skipping school. we would get calls every other day and was told by the "school cop" I could get fined but it never came to that because he was actually a really nice guy.

I would take him to school watch him walk through the door and even stay a few minutes to make he sure he did not walk back out.

He would just go to one class and leave the rest of the day. Once I have dropped him off and watched him walk through the door he is the schools responsibility.

As with anything, there are exceptions to the rule. If you walk your child into the school and check him/her in at the front desk, then you have done your job. From that point until the end of the school day, it then becomes the school's responsibility to make sure the child does not have access to exit the school building without proper authorization. In your case, I sure hope you punished your child for such behavior by doing things such as taking away driving privileges, video games, cell phones, TV, radio, etc...nothing but school books and silence for days, weeks, months...until they learn to do what is expected of them.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

An unfit mother? YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THIS WOMAN YOU CLOWN.
55 violations between 7 kids is no more than 8 violations per kid. If the system is anything like here, you could get 8 violations per day had you skipped & got caught for every class. Within 2 business weeks, someone with a bad kid could potentially be facing 275 days in prison.... wut?
Doesn't seem that unreasonable to me to have (Mind you, I missed 2 days in all of high-school, one for a funeral, other for minor surgery.) But that's just who I am, I have colleagues that missed a day or a class every other week.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
WTH? Does this even pass the laugh test for what is being suggested as a story by the jail? Well.. MAYBE it does..if this is a very unusual jail to my general knowledge. I'll admit I'm not one to have extensive personal experience, but I read a book now and then.

Lets see... What in this picture ..doesn't fit??

Eileen Dinino, a 55-year-old mother of seven, died Saturday at the Berks County Jail in Bern Township, about halfway through the 48-hour sentence she was ordered to serve after her children racked up multiple truancy violations.

A jail staff member found Dinino unresponsive in her bunk while performing blood pressure exams on inmates.

An autopsy has been completed, and no foul play is suspected, but the coroner is awaiting toxicology results before determining a cause of death.

Wow.. I admit, that's almost a trick question for how many ways it could be answered on this one. Lets start with..I hope the family has the autopsy reviewed thoroughly. Hmm... What else?

"while performing blood pressure exams on inmates"

Well, how damned convenient! Is that like doing a linen check for crisp corners when you happened to come across someone hanged with one? I mean really... What are the odds, they'd just HAPPEN to be strolling the cell block with a BP monitor like it's a clinic with full service!

I've never heard of a jail..outside the infirmary..that had bedside service for blood pressure exams to inmates. Eh?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Sorry, no way is that fair. There are too many other factors, like children with disorder's, that are completely out of the parents control.

If your doing everything your suppose to as a parent, there are times that things are beyond your control. Mental health issues that the child is born with. So I get punished for that?

Glad I live in an area that doesn't think that way.

The courts would never put in the time to look at these cases individually.

Then you have your child treated or committed to a place that can control him (if you can't).

edit on 12-6-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
There's a lot of judgement going on here. We don't know *why* the truancy days were racked up. It could have been 7.8 days per kid. All 7 kids get one of those nasty flues, you're not rich and can't afford 7 doctor appointments for 7 notes to excuse a week and a half of illness - congratulations! You're going to jail!

My son missed 17 days of school this year - he's special needs and gets these awful migraines. He's been hospitalized repeatedly for migraines lasting 3-4 weeks. This year, they came in 2-4 day clusters. But, we have a great pediatrician who's been treating my son for years, and will get a school note to us with a phone call. The one time we didn't get a note - I was sent a letter for an "unlawful" absence.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Good luck with that. All depends are where you live and the court system.
Parents now days are told they have no rights. And children now are told they have all the rights.

And the juvenile court system doesn't follow through with their punishments, because hey, the prisons can deal with them when they get older.
Sometimes you just get lucky, and the child grows up and learns to control themselves.

Or heck, we can just put them all on drugs. That will help, right?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Is this new? I ask because even when asking to stay home sick my grandmother stating that she would get locked up if I didn't go to school.If these laws exist I don't read about them being strictly enforced.
edit on CDTThupm4261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Is this new? I ask because even when asking to stay home sick my grandmother stating that she would get locked up if I didn't go to school.

Truancy laws aren't new.
The news story is relatively new, the woman died on Saturday, June 7th, 2014.
I am not sure which you were referring to.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Back in the day, my dad was a grade school teacher. This was the late 60's early seventies. Corporal punishment was still in play. He was fired for spanking an unruly child who belonged to a docter in our small town. That was, short of some substitute teaching, the end of his teaching career. Open hand spanking of a child who is unruly at an early age will dissuade poor behavior later on, like it or not, it's the truth. It teaches consequences and results and doesn't harm the child save for a temporary sore butt.

That being said, kids today know they can get away with almost anything. Some kids karma is to be little as$h0les, some little angels. The ones that need training require a firm hand, in more ways than one. And some grow up to be serial killers. There is no telling what you got till the writings on the wall. And usually it's too late by then.
edit on 12-6-2014 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't believe in forcing kids through the school system and my oldest 3 went to school, though the second oldest was sick alot and after he had an NDE when he was in grade 11, no longer fought with him to get him to school as going made him sick and he caught everything there, and then brought it home to recycle with me and his 4 brothers, so we'd be sick, sometimes on back to back antibiotics, very sick where you can't go to school because youre contagious and have kleenexes kept up your nose permanently, which is raw and red. FOR OVER A MONTH at a time. So he had been missing almost half a year, and causing the youngest 2 to miss 1/3 of a year. So I said enough is enough and he took homeschooling but was so blocked with the math that I didn't force it. AND DON'T BELIEVE IN FORCING ANY KIDS.

The youngest one homeschooled, and then was supposed to go this year, and I'll be homeschooling him next year because he has school anxiety and refuses to go to the point of climbing on your car, running off the road, and there is no legal physical way of getting him, nor will I have him put on any kind of medication at his age. I know that is what they would like to do to him.

The second youngest has stomach upsets, and things the doctor doesnt find and will fail from missing so much school. He doesnt want to home school, and just wants to repeat. But this will be 2 years in a row of missing so much school, ironicially diarrhea and headaches, took him to the hospital for chest pain, and stomach upsets, SINCE FUKISHIMA. So we don't know, but he has one more year and if by half way he doesn't do well, he'll be homeschooling too.

In the meantime however, I don't care how much school they miss. I've already put in all the timeouts, removal of privileges, fights, battle of wills, converstations and talks I'm willing to do as I have poor health myself so thats it, they also have to step up the plate of life, for when I was 12 years old on, I woke up to an alarm clock, had a shower and made it to the bus, with my brother, mom still sleeping, dad out. By ourselves we did that. No one had to argue or risk breakdowns over our behavior.

People who blame parents have no right to do so. They have good genetics and health, and kids without learning disabilities, 4/5 of my boys do, so I don't blame them for not getting it. I realize its hard on them, they're not quite as blessed as my brother and I were.

My main goal in life isn't making my neighbors happy, and its certainly not fitting into other people's opinions. As a matter of fact, everyone's opinions has elected criminal governments, is killing children wars and starving half the world, when I would have no moeny, no banks and everyone equal, and I don't vote, because I cannot give my approval of satanic things, things that are evil. I won't compromise with any form of Murder Incorporated, Inequality or Evil. But all these people around me with their opinons are just a part of the system yet like to blame others all the time, anything that isn't like their own lives. They think everyone' s genetics, health and family circumstances match theirs. And of course they don't.

And even less care about what government officials think.

There is no judge on this planet that I would obey, sorry. He can stop the rapists and murderers and should be stopping the government abuses, but I don't stand under him or obey unjust laws.

I don't know why anyone does.

I would never have obeyed that judge.

And by the way, I think they murdered her.
edit on 12-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
what a shocking story.....so these poor kids are better off having mum in jail ? ...thats just dumb...seriously....now what happens to these kids ?

some of the posters comments are so wrong on so many levels....stories like this make me cringe ...stupid laws creating undesirable outcomes

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bservant
a reply to: Bilk22

An unfit mother? YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THIS WOMAN YOU CLOWN.
55 violations between 7 kids is no more than 8 violations per kid. If the system is anything like here, you could get 8 violations per day had you skipped & got caught for every class. Within 2 business weeks, someone with a bad kid could potentially be facing 275 days in prison.... wut?
Doesn't seem that unreasonable to me to have (Mind you, I missed 2 days in all of high-school, one for a funeral, other for minor surgery.) But that's just who I am, I have colleagues that missed a day or a class every other week.
I'm a "clown"? Really? Seems like a personal attack there my friend. You don't know the woman either, do you?

She had 7 kids. It appears she didn't know how to control them or they would have been in school. As I stated earlier, she doesn't deserve to be dead, but there's a good bit of doubt whether or not she was a fit mother to raise 7 children. Maybe she would have done better with two.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ok this is seriously sickening and twisted...what is happening to this country? The C.P.S. should start targeting any mama bear in the wild, because she spanks her cubs for doing something stupid! C.P.S. should start throwing mama bears in jail and fostering the baby bears out to middle class people, who raise the bear until it becomes the predator it is and eats them!

There are always 2 sides to every story....but I can't see how an opposing view in this could ever warrant this sort of action.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

also now the kids have the guilt of they're mother dying in jail because of they're actions wow great idea that was :/ now we'll have more fecked up kids running the street, you just have to love our smart assed governments. SICK!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
They should have made the kid do community service,not punish the parents.How are kids suppose to learn a lesson when someone else is taking the punishment?

This is what is wrong with the world today,kids are not being held accountable for their actions.This is just my opinion,of course.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18029921]B

Well said i totally agree with you these kids are going to end up in a dead end system that nobody cares what they feel and the kids who didn't skip school are going to blame the ones that did on killing they're mother instead of blaming the adult twats that put her in jail brilliant can't wait to see what they will turn out like :/

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think the parents (or parent) should be able to show that they did whatever they could to guide a kid the right way, to show they at least gave a full-hearted effort to get the kid to stop skipping; should be able to explain how they disciplined their youngster; etc., before a social court absolves them of fines & possible jail time.
it's the Do-Nothing parents that absolutely deserve a consequence other than the crappy homelife & unfulfillment come full circle: fines &/or parent detention.
take some responsibility, and if one cant show they have, punishment it is! we ALL have to live with your crappy parenting!
a reply to: alienjuggalo

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Maybe they won't all blame everybody else for their problems. Sounds like a social problem.
Kind of like calling people "twats".
a reply to: ballymoney50

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join