It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Texas Judge Who Beat Daughter loses Seat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Attn: Very Graphic and Disturbing video

Power of the people, in this situation worked, they judged him for what he did.

Texas judge who beat his then 16 year old daughter for downloading pirated music.

I was going to post this back in March, as an update but forgot to. When this article broke back in 2011 ATS members were pretty upset and had a lot to say.

Judge Williams Won't be Charged - 5 Year Statute Ran Out

Texas Judge Loses Seat

ROCKPORT, Texas -- A South Texas family law judge seen beating his then-16-year-old daughter in a video she posted online in 2011 has lost his re-election bid.

Unofficial returns show Aransas County voters on Tuesday rejected William Adams in the Republican primary.

The Corpus Christi Caller-Times reports County Attorney Richard Bianchi joins the bench in January. No Democrats challenged Adams, who sought a fourth full term.

The video shows Adams lashing his daughter. Hillary Adams has said she released the video, which she secretly taped in 2004, to compel her father to get help and show he's unfit as a judge. She said the beating happened after she illegally downloaded files from the Internet.

William Adams was suspended for a year. The Texas Supreme Court in November 2012 lifted his suspension.

edit on 8-6-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Wow that's ALL that happened? He & his wife should be in prison
for child abuse! It seemed premeditated & they kept switching "batters"
& belts...this is sick!
I really hope the daughter will take it further into court & also sue her
parents. Yes very disturbing.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
Wow that's ALL that happened? He & his wife should be in prison
for child abuse! It seemed premeditated & they kept switching "batters"
& belts...this is sick!
I really hope the daughter will take it further into court & also sue her
parents. Yes very disturbing.

Cheers
Ektar

Really, I was beat worse than that by my family as disipline.

Are you saying she needed cookies but no milk and a talking to? I think you need a ass whooping after such a comment... BEND OVER!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I am so glad this POS lost his seat. It's not the only thing he should lose either, like those little balls he has that makes him think he's a man. I'm not against spanking, I've been spanked myself growing up. But never with a belt and never across the legs like in this video. What I saw was a sick, twisted individual who felt he had absolute power.

The man is a POS, I've never had to lay a hand on my child when disciplining. I'm man enough that my words are good enough to illicit the actions I want. I cannot stand people who abuse others, it's the one thing that would lead me down a road heading to jail should I ever witness something like this personally.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The answer is good riddance. This was a father who beat the crap out of his daughter, then came back and did it again, taking the high moral ground. Something so roundly condemned when similar is being done elsewhere where there are 'ethnic' differences, when what the judge did boils down to cruelty and ego, pure and simple.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

The couple divorced long ago. Mother was abused as well and was scared of her husband, according to her she obeyed and wanted to get over with it as quickly as possible like it usually was. They didn´t take that to court tho as it allready has damaged fathers reputation. Daughter and mother have good relationship and mother is getting therapy ( abuse in marriage ) and i believe daughter is getting therapy too.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
In addition she had/has a handicap called "ataxic cerebral palsy", so she doesn't have the full capabilities of a normal child, or now an adult.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The sounds did it look worse, I don't think it hurted that much and somethimes it's needed with kids.. not that I ever beaten kids and in this case (downloading some music) not worth a beating (although those sentences I have seen in the USA for downloading illegal music are crazy!, no wonder a dad as a Judge in the US could freak out).

Anyways when I got a beaten it did me well.. I often was looking for boundaries.

edit on 8-6-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

Are you sure it did you well?

To me if one starts down a path of thinking that a beating did them well then it probably didn't.

If you have any other reaction besides a negative one from someone hitting you then that probably means it did more damage than you might realize. It's called "battered person syndrome" and is a little like Stockholm where you develop amiable feelings toward the abuse being directed toward you.

Either way, whatevs man.

This guy is a douche-bag and a sadistic weirdo. A grown man spanking his teenage daughter with a belt to me just borderlines on...well...extremely inappropriate...let's just put it that way. I hope he doesn't seek out another relationship with the same dynamic. He should be barred from being around children.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Thank you Dollukka for your response & update. I am shocked at how
some people even think this is okay. There is a difference in a spanking
& being whipped or beaten. Ever heard of "Cat with 9-Tails"? Yeah that's
what meself & a sister got from our father. It's worse than just a belt.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: Plugin
Are you sure it did you well?
To me if one starts down a path of thinking that a beating did them well then it probably didn't.

Agreed, and beating being the operative word, that girl was beaten badly by her own father, twice with a huge leather strop by a hulk. That's not like a clip on the bum meant to move things along. Ah well, maybe sometime in the future humans will get it right. One thing is sure though, the culture is not right yet.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Any hitting is inappropriate especially near the butt or anywhere else down south.

For some the butt is an erogenous zone and spankings can have psychological consequences that reach far into adult hood. In other words it's weird. Just don't do it.

Anytime I hear of a parent pulling their kids pants down and spanking them I just think "What the hell? What is wrong with you sick ====?!"

Best rule of thumb is don't hit your kids. There are multiple ways to set boundaries and have authority without violence.
edit on 8-6-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Thank you for that reply. It is also very wrong for a parent to have you
go pick a switch off a tree to be lashed with...a wooden spoon & etc.

In case no one knows the "Cat of 9 Tails" it is a belt doubled over like
you saw in the video & then shredded & tied into knots. The the 2 ends that remain
hanging are shredded into 9 long spaghetti like strips with a small knot
tied at each end of every single noodle...I am not sure if they are "ALL"
pre- soaked" or not...yes the one we received was which made it
very much worse. Kids do not need to be beaten period.

Cheers
Ektar

edit on 862014 by Ektar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Any hitting is inappropriate especially near the butt or anywhere else down south.

For some the butt is an erogenous zone and spankings can have psychological consequences that reach far into adult hood. In other words it's weird. Just don't do it.

Anytime I hear of a parent pulling their kids pants down and spanking them I just think "What the hell? What is wrong with you sick ====?!"

Best rule of thumb is don't hit your kids. There are multiple ways to set boundaries and have authority without violence.

I didn't mention pulling down pants, you did. I did mention a clip to move things along, I have done that, no pants pulling, you are talking about ritual corporal punishment I am not.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

At least give yourself credit for knowing that what you experienced was a bad thing! That's more than the majority of people I have spoken to. Everyone seems to have such fond memories of being hit. To me it is quite bizarre but not surprising in the context of human psychology.

Also, I am sorry you had to go through that. It sounds quite sadistic and just weird. I had never heard of that til' tonight. It sounds like something from a the middle ages.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You're still touching/hitting them on what could be an erogenous zone.

There are some areas of the body that regardless of the age belong to that person and no one else. Those boundaries need to be established and understood.

That is my opinion, take it as you will.

Edit: Also I didn't say you pulled your kids pants down, I stated what I think when I hear of people doing that.
edit on 8-6-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It was very rare and ok not really a beating but just a hard foot in my ass.

It just makes you think and do; I will not do it again!

If he would just say/shout the message could be a bit weak.

That said emotional abuse with language is far worse then some spanking/a kick (when repeated often).

When she got hit with the belt it was more noise (from her) then that she really was hurt by the looks of it.

It's about respect and somethimes kids needs it which goes both ways.

Just look at kids these days on school, with the biggest mouths ever.

edit on 8-6-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Yes will when I told someone about it a few years ago that person
knew what it was called & was either Russian or nazi BS...I never researched
it as I was already over 40 & had been through therapy....I was shocked that
"IT" actually had a name.

But besides getting a belt which is SO wrong...the psychological effects of not just
being beaten but to go SELECT the tool that you will be beaten with I think is beyond.
You're getting 2 for 1 & more. Thank you for responding good to know some people do care.

Cheers
Ektar
edit on 862014 by Ektar because: left out

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I've never understood why inflicting pain on anyone, but especially a child, makes sense to anybody.
When you hit someone you are showing them that YOU have ultimate power, and will inflict PAIN if your word isn't followed. That makes some kids anxious to grow up and become the 'supreme' power in their world.
Violence begets violence. Your kids aren't obeying you out of respect, but out of fear of reprisal and the pain you can, will and do inflict.
People wonder where bullies and physically abusive people come from. Duh.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I certainly appreciate how strongly against corporal punishment some folks are, and it's certainly everyone's right to raise their child as they see fit..

In the case of this Judge? I didn't much care for the video when the story carried here after it initially happened. It hasn't improved with age and I'd say I'd be looking at literally moving out if I were his kid (not running away....where one is properly planned as a life change and the other is a tantrum reaction). At least the good Judge will judge no more, and that's no small thing. Given how he lost his seat, how likely is he to get work for the P.R. issues others will create in itself?

Having noted what THIS guy did was abuse? I'll also note corporal or physical discipline of children is both legal and accepted practice in a fair % of our nation. Very much so. I think there is a very critical and important line between abuse and discipline as I was both raised with it and have, when situations make it necessary by my judgement, delivered it.

One of the bad sides and probably worst aspect of being a parent...but parenting isn't about being our child's best friend. It's about being their mentor, guide and educator on far more than a public school could fathom teaching as a total package. At least how I see it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join