It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ryland: A transgender 6 yr old; lovable, or demon-possessed?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I just came across this blurb about a darling child named Ryland. Here is a very moving video that might, possibly, help loosen the rust-seized ultra-conservative lock on what being human means.

This video choked me up. Absolutely wonderful family, adorable kid, who knew that even though he'd been born with 'female' genitalia, (and also deaf, but that's not the whole point) he was a BOY. The parents attended to the cochlear implants...and determined that it wasn't just "a phase" that Ryland identified as a boy, with the help of experts, doctors, and others. They decided it was appropriate to allow Ryland to make the transition asap.

I hope you will watch it.

THIS CHILD is a god-given gift to his family, and their supportive, open-minded approach to helping him be HAPPY is highlighted in the video.

Yet, someone is claiming he is demon-possessed.
BarbWire Pundit Says Transgender Boy Is Possessed By Demons

Writing today for BarbWire, ex-gay activist Matt Moore concedes that he does not “understand what people with gender identity issues experience,” but is still more than comfortable declaring that transgender people, specifically the six-year-old transgender boy Ryland Whittington, are possessed by the Devil:

With all that said, I get angry because of stories about kids like Ryland. Angry at people. Angry as sin. Angry at Satan.

I am not the type of person that believes Satan is hiding behind every rock, but I do think that there is a demonic element at play when little girls actually start to think they’re little boys, or little boys actually start to think they’re little girls. Actually, I’m sure that demons are all up in that.

What utter crap.

Good journey to Ryland, what a cutie - a strong, smart, capable person who happened to have the "wrong" genitalia. Possessed by demons? In my opinion, only the asshat who claims he is would fill that bill. It's ridiculous.

Thank GOD for parents like Ryland's. Hope you enjoy the video. (It has nice music, too!)
Let me know what you think.

ETA: Let me know if you can't watch the vid, and I'll post the captions separately.
The parents make a point of saying that they signed up as parents with NO STRINGS ATTACHED. They accepted Ryland for what he is, and he is a happy kid!!

edit on 6/5/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: bunch o stuff

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm glad he has a supportive family. I can't even imagine what happens to those who grow up in families that are convinced they are demons.

These cases have been known to end very tragically for those who don't get proper support.

And did I understand that correctly? "Ex-gay activist" is calling the child a demon? As in he's one of those "re-educated ," demonizing others?

edit on 5-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

What utter crap.

I agree strongly.

A 6 year old that probably can't wipe his/her own butt properly already knows what confuses adults.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Fantastic story! It's great that Ryland's parents respected him enough to listen and do the right thing, before he grew up to one of the 46% who try to kill themselves. Now, he has a bright future ahead!

Thanks for posting!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
At one point, age 5, Ryland said, "Why did God make me this way?"

The parents emphasize that there was NOTHING environmental or life-style-related that 'caused' this.
They learned through their research that transgendered individuals have a very high rate of suicide attempts.

Their aim was to make sure Ryland was as happy, loved, and supported as he can be. At the end, he gives a little speech.

edit on 6/5/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

A 6 year old that probably can't wipe his/her own butt properly already knows what confuses adults. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not sure what your point is. A 6 year old can certainly attend to their own hygiene.
As for knowing what confuses adults, would you please elaborate? (I agree that kids are amazingly bright, by the way. They know themselves, and our job as parents is to help them develop that 'self' into a productive, healthy, happy member of society.)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I am a little sad that God is dumping him in a female body just to create a situation where people can prove themselves for what they are. I hope Ryland will have a good happy time on earth and that the cross is not to hard for Ryland to bear.

God creates test to see if you get the lesson. It is up to the follower of god to understand the test and do the right thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Here's the original rant by the pundit:
IDENTITY CRISIS: ADAM’S TRANSGENDER CHILDREN

My prayer for people like Laverne and Ryland is that the Lord would throw people into their lives that hold a biblical worldview and love Jesus. I hope that along their paths they will run into Christian people that are not ashamed to humbly and carefully be vocal about their beliefs. I pray that someone will tell these people about how sin has corrupted humanity and that because of that we aren’t what we should be. What we feel isn’t the measure of what is true. Our hearts are corrupt beyond repair.

But the good news is that they can be replaced.

“I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.”- Ezekiel 36:25-27

Read more at barbwire.com...

REPLACED?

We aren't what we should be?

Ugh.
Yeah, I'm not sure about this jerk's background....
but he's hoping that people like Ryland will have "good Christians" speak up about how flawed and unacceptable they are.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

I am a little sad that God is dumping him in a female body just to create a situation where people can prove themselves for what they are. I hope Ryland will have a good happy time on earth and that the cross is not to hard for Ryland to bear.

God creates test to see if you get the lesson. It is up to the follower of god to understand the test and do the right thing.

That's a pretty unfair test. This poor boy has to go through life in a female body with all the stigma that goes with this condition. Meanwhile, just about every other boy on the planet god decides to give them a proper male body. What did this boy's soul do pre-birth to warrant god to give him such a harsh test in life? Seems downright deceitful and mean spirited to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I had to stop for 5 minutes before I was able to type again, as I was sooo choked up.

I applaud the parents because they listened to their child, and I have come to realize how rare that is.....parents are so busy nowadays they dont' have time to listen to their kids....these parents did. We don't know what will happen inthe future, maybe Ryland will end up getting a full sex change, maybe she won't.....it doesn't matter, what matters is that she was not forced to be all girly just because she was a girl. You would be surprised at how often that happens.....boys not allowed to go ballet cause it will make them gay......girls not allowed to play football. I have seen that a lot.

As a mum I put my hand up and say that I know I probably make lots of mistakes every day, but at least my kids know I listen to them and I value how they feel.....and they know I love them. Ryland may even change again inthe future and feel like a girl, nobody knows that, but at least she will know that her parents will do what's necessary to make her feel confident and loved. And that's all that matters.

Thank you for sharing this, Buzzy! S&F!!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

As a mum I put my hand up and say that I know I probably make lots of mistakes every day, but at least my kids know I listen to them and I value how they feel.....and they know I love them. Ryland may even change again inthe future and feel like a girl, nobody knows that, but at least she will know that her parents will do what's necessary to make her feel confident and loved. And that's all that matters.

Your post just gave me a 'chill' up my spine. THAT is EXACTLY all that matters.
Thanks for responding. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
What a sweetie he is, eh??

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Matt converted to Christianity from a lifestyle of homosexuality.

Read more at barbwire.com...

Thanks, the phrasing threw me off--thought it meant he was some prominent anti-gay activist who didn't know what it felt like to struggle with gender identity. But seeing as how he was "ex-gay," wouldn't he know about identity struggle? (Yes, I know sex and gender are two different things.)

I find it very unsettling when someone calling themselves "ex-gay" gets the gumption to demonize others. This can't be healthy for anyone involved. One would think this would surely lead to further suffering for the "ex-gay" party down the line somewhere? not to mention the people they're alienating..

edit on 5-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

One would think this would surely lead to further suffering for the "ex-gay" party down the line somewhere? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, it reeks of ongoing discomfort with being who one actually is.

Sounds to me like this guy is hoping to inflict/project his own continued suffering onto others.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

People who include scripture in their rants tend to be closed-minded idiots.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Sounds like who ever said that about Ryland is living in the Middle Ages! What is wrong with that man!

This makes me so angry!!!
edit on 5-6-2014 by MiguelTheMagician because: oops

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Thank you, I just feel happy for him.......I let my kids become who they want to become, not who I want them to be, luckily their daddy is like that also. I just want them to be happy......that's all I really want.

He is a little darling.......so handsome too!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MiguelTheMagician

Sounds like who ever said that about Ryland is living in the Middle Ages!

Thanks for editing - now I see what you mean....

what is wrong with the man is that he is extremely uncomfortable in his own skin and, like many, has grasped desperately onto scripture to shore up his discomfort.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

That's a pretty unfair test. This poor boy has to go through life in a female body with all the stigma that goes with this condition. Meanwhile, just about every other boy on the planet god decides to give them a proper male body. What did this boy's soul do pre-birth to warrant god to give him such a harsh test in life? Seems downright deceitful and mean spirited to me.

I agree the cross might be a bit much for Ryland to carry and that Ryland will need a lot of support from open minded souls and I hope Ryland gets everything needed. But from my point of view the test is not how Ryland carry this but how others will react to Ryland. The problem is not Ryland but the environment around Ryland. Ryland shows the flaws that humanity carries and have not evolved beyond.

Ryland is a hero taking a cross that most souls are # scared of taking and could not handle. Fortunately god choose the right parents in Ryland:s case who can do the right thing.

Do you really think Jesus/Buddha/Nanek or Rumi would ever condemn someone for being uncomfortable as a certain gender or specie?
edit on 5-6-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Fortunately god choose the right parents in Ryland:s case who can do the right thing.

Do you really think Jesus/Buddha/Nanek or Rumi would ever condemn someone for being uncomfortable as a certain gender or specie?

Of course not!! He IS as GOD MADE HIM.

(I know you weren't addressing me.)

In my view, it's not so much that god chose the 'right parents', but Ryland did....before incarnating.

I'm just so happy that he has a supportive family, and THAT will be his anchor. Whether he decides on a physical alteration or not, his parents will ALWAYS be supportive, as well as those who, like the video explained, stood by the family as the decision was made.

Too much to bear? No. Not with a supportive family.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My opinion is .... I'm uncertain. While I don't have a religious view on it, I'm skeptical that society and environment and family has no influence on Ryland's choice to be a boy. Ryland was only 5 years old.

So what if the kids tell the parents to jump off a cliff? What if the doctor's agree? Can kids be wrong and doctor's still agree? I think it's possible. Sometimes even the wisest man can be led down the wrong road.

I'd be more understanding if they could use brain imaging to distinguish Ryland's gender. They can already use it to lend support to many other issues and being transgender is definitely an issue.

I just want more science. Remember.... it will be a lot harder for Ryland to change back to a girl later on if Ryland has any regrets.

Still I doubt Ryland will have any regrets. I think Ryland will grow up accepting himself. The question is whether others will accept Ryland. Growing up around people who don't accept him might be hard.

In either case, life is an experiment, not predestiny. We have to be tolerant. Keep your head up high until the Reaper calls for you. I wish all the best for Ryland and his parents, as well as for society and our transgenders.
edit on 5-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join