It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange phenomena happened yesterday in the coast of Venezuela

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ivar_Karlsen
Back in 1979 something similar happend out at Key West.
The sea slowly retreated about 15 feet, and just as slowly returned to about 5 feet above normal.
One hour later everything was normal.

No tsunami or anything like that.

5 ft above normal probably was a tsunami. The last one we had was 6 ft and I was at the beach and wondered why I was the only one there :-) Seems i missed the warning.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

LOL yeah having a beach to you alone in a good day its provably a sing of tsunami, hurricane or imminent nuke

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There is quite a bit of earthquake activity on the other side of the Caribbean by the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. (There was even a 5.8 out in the ocean on the 28th of May.) Perhaps one of those quakes caused a landslide where the seafloor goes into a trench over there. That might make enough current to draw the water out while not causing a tsunami.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Could it be El Niño? I've read heating the oceans can cause a ripple or bulging of the oceans near the equator, out in the middle. It's been measured as high as 10".

www.marinebio.net...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Just a guess, but maybe lots of Fat people left the sea at the same time.

To quote Archimedes (?), "Eureka!" I have found him.

I suspect a riptide and lunar positioning, along with certain very shallow
parts of Venezuela shelf next to faster dropoffs close by... causing a
sudden visible recession at the shallow parts.
Or, a couple of in-laws who now have smelled my chocolate chip pecan
major brand clones made from pure high ticket ingredients... and now
have just cause to murder me in my sleep.

And I still believe Tia Leoni is so beautiful she can actually make the
blood run out of Poseidon's head... and here's yer sign. Sorry Dave :/

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Military testing gravitational technology? Or maybe just a tide shift phenomenon that's very rare? I'd go with the latter.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

In all seriousness though, some large geological process must be involved somehow so it will hopefully be solved.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
That is a really, really massive amount of water to recede so quickly without creating any noticeable adverse reaction. If you consider that such an event has taken place, with no apparent cause, and you understand the scope of the incident, it is truly a mind-boggling mystery.

3 hours is a very small window to move such a huge amount of water and return it to normal levels with no increase in water level on it's return.

If something were removed from the water to cause this, it would have to be many square miles in size and several feet tall.

The only (potentially unrealistic) explanation I can think of is a gradual lunar anomaly, where the tide was gradually pulled out and gradually returned. The most obvious problem with this is that lunar anomalies are easily detected and confirmed and such a huge amount of water seems highly unlikely to be gradually moved in only 3 hours... there is really nothing gradual about that time frame and, because it retreated so quickly, it seems there would be a significant rebound tide.

If an underground cavern of some sort collapsed, large enough to account for such a huge recession in water level, it seems it would behave in a similar manner to an earthquake. This also goes against a gradual recession and return.

Similar to a massive underground cavern collapse, a massive release of methane or other gas would have a similar violent recession and tidal return. Additionally, it seems that a methane release of the caliber required to account for such a huge tidal event would be easily detected in the atmosphere.

Maybe it has something to do with a pole shift of sort, but that also seems highly unlikely without causing some sort of detectable side-effects in other parts of the world.

Great mystery. Hopefully we'll get a good explanation for the event soon!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Oh my God! That was too funny! I almost spit ny drink out!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

^^^THIS^^^

I laughed, and am still laughing at this! Well played Soloprotocol, well played indeed!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Things that make you go hmmm.....!
I wonder if there have been any ocean creature die offs in that area?
Would be expected if it was a methane release.

You would think that something going into the ocean suddenly,
or the rising of a volcano, would have the opposite effect...
raising levels first, then normalizing again.

If there was a drop in the ocean floor somewhere,
big enough to move that much water, it would have sloshed back again.
But would it have returned to the same spot on the beach,
or been lower than before, since the new, lower floor position
would take more water to fill it in???

Whatever it was, I just can't wrap my had around it logically!!!
Guess we'll have to wait & see if there is any more information!
WOQ

edit on 3-6-2014 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
My speculation is ocean currents changed causing an unusual eddy in that area . Ever been near a lake with wind when the warm and cold layers flip there is some weird highs and lows when it happens .

A combination of the 2 . Suppose a lava flow increased in deep water near or it flowed close to the ocean bed. Heating water up it rises and the coastal waters from Venezuela get pulled out and down dropping shore level till a current balances out .
edit on 3-6-2014 by Lostinthedarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
After reading all the ideas put forth, this seems like the most logical explanation, a sinkhole or cavern collapse. Sinkholes are becoming an epidemic above the surface, so I believe its safe to assume they are happening underwater as well. The collapse would cause the sudden retreat of 4 meters and then gradually the waters would equilize once the cavern is filled. I'm sure there are many sinkholes occurring underneath the oceans as they are happening above, but this one was most likely very large and a whirlpool was probably visible from above the surface. Also, you wouldn't have a tsunami effect from a sinkhole and it wouldn't necessarily register as an earthquake either.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
After reading all the ideas put forth, this seems like the most logical explanation, a sinkhole or cavern collapse. Sinkholes are becoming an epidemic above the surface, so I believe its safe to assume they are happening underwater as well. The collapse would cause the sudden retreat of 4 meters and then gradually the waters would equilize once the cavern is filled. I'm sure there are many sinkholes occurring underneath the oceans as they are happening above, but this one was most likely very large and a whirlpool was probably visible from above the surface. Also, you wouldn't have a tsunami effect from a sinkhole and it wouldn't necessarily register as an earthquake either.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Maybe all the dolphins left. Thanks for all the fish. Sry.

I think if it was a sinkhole, or cavern collapse, there would still be seismic activity which would corelate with the time of the observation.

As for a methane expulsion, methane is compressed at great depths. For that much displacement, you would need a very large pocket of methane. By the reached the surface, it would be an exponentially larger volume of methane. That would show up on atmospheric radar.

I admit i am intrigued. Especially since there are other instances.
a reply to: Indigent

edit on 3-6-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I've read the (poor) automatic translations of the news articles posted in the OP, and the event was very localized. The three places mentioned in the article are no more than 200 km apart and the coast line is almost a straight line between them.

If you go to Google Maps and enter the coordinates 10.555322,-67.211609 and zoom in, you'll see a stretch of straight coast facing north where the recession of the water took place. Venezuela has a coast line of around 2800 km in total, so this is quite localized indeed, which makes it even stranger than it already was.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I tend to go with the theory that as this was a fairly localized event, it may have resulted from a breach into a large, subsea cavern -- or at least, a large, porous space. Once it was filled by inrushing water the general ocean level would return to near-normal.

Once of the main reasons I favor this idea is that Venezuela is a major producer of oil and gas. And some of their wells are offshore. It stands to reason that if we remove liquids under pressure that are basically trapped in, or between, layers of rock, then a pressure imbalance is created. This applies even more so when those rock layers are beneath the sea and have billions of tons of water sitting on top.

Where we have large deposits of oil and/or gas deep below ground that's also beneath the sea bed, the forces acting upon them are usually more-or-less in balance. It may have taken "Mother Nature" millions of years to achieve that balance, but we can totally upset it all in just a few short years by removing the gas and oil. This depressurizes the layers. So, in some cases, perhaps the forces acting from above are just too great for the now-depressurized layers to withstand and if they start to crack and collapse, then sea water can enter.

As this can all be going on quite deep below the surface of the sea, there may be little to notice in terms of turbulence or even some kind of whirlpool effect. To give an analogy, it's like letting water out of a bathtub. You don't notice the "whirlpool" until the water levels drops below a certain point, but you can see the evidence because the water level in the bath is getting lower.

In the case of this event off the Venezuelan coast, there is a fault line there, just off shore. The USGS Earthquakes Map shows it clearly. Even a very minor movement on or near that fault could be enough to "crack open" one of those depressurized sub-sea regions and allow the water to pour in.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Quick update a newspaper claims the explanation is normal June tides with added pressure conditions and strong winds and the shallow coastline where the phenomena occurred, according to them that's the official explanation but the government official page says its investigating and have not summit an official response.

They are slow though so who knows if they gave a declaration and the page have not updated yet.

Venezuelan officials

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Hey Guys..

Great find OP,this seems like an adjustment of the plates under the sea without a doubt.As people on here have mentioned, Venuzuela lies in the near vicinity of the plate boundaries,this is not an uncommon phenomena (recently) as the result of plate movement (which is nearing global climax)

It does not necessarily mean there will be a tsunami,although it is usually a precursor.This occured in Indonesia recently as well.There is a global cover up on this subject (and the true cause) it cannot be explained with climate change models.

I live in Czech Republic and over the last ten days we have had quite a few earthquakes (swarms) rated at 4.5 on the richter scale,i must also say i have seen good evidence of many quakes going unreported and downgraded from their true reading on the richter scale.I will add this is certainly not normal!!

Well, when it reaches its climax there will be no area on the globe uneffected i.e. a simultanious mag 9 globally,which in turn will create the tsunamis,sinkholes beyond what has been seen,mountain building,volcanoes coming to life more so, even in dorment areas,dissappearence of whole countries under the waves,namely Indonesia and parts of the Carribean will fit that trend (if you research the directional movements of the plates)

I can imagine people feel helpless about how to deal with this imminent event? Well don't, although i have said,all areas will be effected,there will be places which are by far safer to a higher degree and of coarse areas that stand no chance (basic geography and geology will tell you where, as well as some good ol common sense.

Stay good Guys

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Just skimmed through some of the comments and i have to sternly disagree with some of the ideas put forward.

This event as i said in pevious post is not unique it has happened many times globally.

Listen Guys the signs are all there...All the things i will list here are directly linked to plate movement (crustal displacement)

-train derailments (not every one..but the majority)

-mine and building collapses

-sinkholes

-'mass die offs'...as methane is released from within the Earth,effecting the birds and fish which are sensitive to this..think canary in the mines

-gas/water pipe explosions/leaks,also chemical plants and even oil rig accidents, BP Gulf incident hmmm..and pipelines (we are told the pipelines in Iraq were attacked? think twice on that)

-lakes draining

-humming/boom sounds,which is the result of friction created by rock strata 'rubbing'

-landslides

-unusual/receding tides

-even gases igniting from the ground...apparently 'mysteriously'

-land subsidence and equally land rising

-and of coarse volcanoes and earthquakes,and additional examples i'm sure

Please go and check for yourself if in doubt and match up all the incidents/examples listed above, against a geologic plate map and you will see the pattern, that being that these examples are indeed related to major plate movement.

The main stream take on some of these events is that they might be "caused by fracking" and so on,which admittedly isn't good, but is BS in replacement of the real reasons.A lot of floods are blamed on rain...even when there is little or no rain?..what is actually occuring is a 'backwash' against the flow of the river from the sea (caused by plate movements) which slows or even prevents water from exiting to the sea.

You Guys in America need to watch out for the New Madrid adjustment,obviously do not act too late in your preparations,it will be un precedented and you will certainly be deceived by TPTB in your country,of any incidents that occur and them being linked to the plates.

There is evidence of this occurring in our fairly recent past i.e. approx 3-4000 years ago (i'll stay on topic and not explain why that is)

In the storms of late last year that caused havoc in the U.K. there was an area off the Welsh coast that was revealed under the sand off the coast (thought to be of myth and legend) it was a petrified forest which was dated at 3-4000 years ago....Now,the same type of petrified forest has been discovered off the East coast of the U.S...almost identical..These 2 incidents point toward a major global event in which the plates adjusted dramatically i.e. the Mid Atlantic ridge in this case,although they all move together-domino effect..If any one is familiar with the Bimini road in the Carribean?..this is also dated at the same period,as well as many others worldwide...I mean the Medeterranean alone has 200 sunken cities!...just for some perspective.

Peace guys

edit on 4-6-2014 by Buddyman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join