It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officers, other men gang-raped, hanged teen sisters in India: cops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

LUCKNOW, India — A group of men, including at least two police officers, raped and killed two teenage sisters in rural India then hung their bodies from a mango tree, authorities said Thursday, announcing the arrests of four men.
Villagers found the girls' bodies hanging from the tree Wednesday morning, hours after they disappeared from fields near their home in Katra village in Uttar Pradesh state, police Superintendent Atul Saxena said. The girls, who were 14 and 15, had gone into the fields because there was no toilet in their home.

Police officers, other men gang-raped, hanged teen sisters in India: cops

Horrible. The girls were members of the lowest class in the Indian caste system, the Dalit, or "untouchables." Hundreds of angry, grieving villagers sat under the tree and prevented authorities from removing the bodies until arrests had been made.
edit on 2014-5-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

India is the most Racist nation on earth as the cast system litterally bind's people for all generations as inferior or superior, what happened to these two children is nothine unusual these days in india, children from this and other poor low casts have in the past also been murdered by those involved in the illegal trade in human organs but this is truly appalling, they raped and murdered these kid's then hung them up like trophy's, these are the poorest and most down trodden people in india and perhaps the world and regardless of there personaly skill or ability they can not climb the social ladder, can not work in any professional role as the other casts will not accept them and to make matters worse they are the true indigenous indian native people whom were suppressed after each invasion and moved down the cast ladder further with each successive new tribe to rule over them and there previous conquerer's.

edit on 29-5-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

India is the most Racist nation on earth as the cast system litterally bind's people for all generations as inferior or superior, what happened to these two children is nothine unusual these days in india, children from this and other poor low casts have in the past also been murdered by those involved in the illegal trade in human organs but this is truly appalling, they raped and murdered these kid's then hung them up like trophy's, these are the poorest and most down trodden people in india and perhaps the world and regardless of there personaly skill or ability they can not climb the social ladder, can not work in any professional role as the other casts will not accept them and to make matters worse they are the true indigenous indian native people whom were suppressed after each invasion and moved down the cast ladder further with each successive new tribe to rule over them and there previous conquerer's.

Drop the "RACIST" buzzword you opened up with and everything you said will make sense......

Second line....

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Prejudiced sounds more fitting.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You see that is the problem though enshrined in the hindu traditions and faith, so also there culture the origin of this as TiedDestructor also correctly put's it Prejudice is actually racial in origin, the ruling cast are originally or eurasian origin and indeed it is the very nation the word Aryan originated in as the Aryan step tribes conquered india and became it's ruling caste only later to be displaced by the moghuls and then the British all of whom kept the casts system in place as it made governance easier and was entrenched in the subconscious of the people of the sub continent.
I believe racism is correct as the different cast see themselves as different race and what is a race anyway, it is simply a large tribe whom have been isolated from others for a prolonged time, they may be intermarried but it is extremely rare and frowned down on in there society, a man may marry a higher cast but a woman may not marry a lower cast and it bring's shame and dishonor to do so.
But of course to us whom are outside we find it hard to tell a pakistani from an indian most of the time and only the darker skin of the lower cast indians down to black skin for many of the Dalit or Rat people (so named because they are so poor they eat Rat's) distinguished them in our eye's, the highest cast appear very different having different less pronounced featured and the Dalit have often heavier brow ridge's etc' but in truth they are no less equipped though definitely at a cultural disadvantage, it makes me angry how many potential genius and great scholars have been denied the world by such immoral cast systems but it is there way not our's.

edit on 29-5-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You see that is the problem though enshrined in the hindu traditions and faith, so also there culture the origin of this as TiedDestructor also correctly put's it Prejudice is actually racial in origin, the ruling cast are originally or eurasian origin and indeed it is the very nation the word Aryan originated in as the Aryan step tribes conquered india and became it's ruling caste only later to be displaced by the moghuls and then the British all of whom kept the casts system in place as it made governance easier and was entrenched in the subconscious of the people of the sub continent.
I believe racism is correct as the different cast see themselves as different race and what is a race anyway, it is simply a large tribe whom have been isolated from others for a prolonged time, they may be intermarried but it is extremely rare and frowned down on in there society, a man may marry a higher cast but a woman may not marry a lower cast and it bring's shame and dishonor to do so.
But of course to us whom are outside we find it hard to tell a pakistani from an indian most of the time and only the darker skin of the lower cast indians down to black skin for many of the Dalit or Rat people (so named because they are so poor they eat Rat's) distinguished them in our eye's, the highest cast appear very different having different less pronounced featured and the Dalit have often heavier brow ridge's etc' but in truth they are no less equipped though definitely at a cultural disadvantage, it makes me angry how many potential genius and great scholars have been denied the world by such immoral cast systems but it is there way not our's.

Tribalism seems more accurate than the PC gonzo term "Racist"......

How is it racist when members of the same tribe abuse their own?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

That is just it they are not essentially the same tribe but a tribe whom where dominated, yes over time they merge but where caste is used to segregate it takes a lot longer anyway this is about a terrible injustice which those two kid's suffered and the scum whom perpetrated it, i never intended to get onto the road of trying to explain there attitudes to one another, they were kid's full stop, abused, murdered and hung like trophys to mock the poor poeple by those whom saw themselves as above the local law and so felt free to treat these kid's as disposable toy's to torture and murder before leaving them as a boast of how manly they were to harm two defenceless children.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

That is just it they are not essentially the same tribe but a tribe whom where dominated, yes over time they merge but where caste is used to segregate it takes a lot longer anyway this is about a terrible injustice which those two kid's suffered and the scum whom perpetrated it, i never intended to get onto the road of trying to explain there attitudes to one another, they were kid's full stop, abused, murdered and hung like trophys to mock the poor poeple by those whom saw themselves as above the local law and so felt free to treat these kid's as disposable toy's to torture and murder before leaving them as a boast of how manly they were to harm two defenceless children.

I agree!

What happened to these girls was and IS terrible! I just see it as terrible and evil "human beings" doing bad things to other human beings.

Pretty simple concept to comprehend without bring racism into the picture.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
People (if you want to call them that) that commit violent acts such as this, are a embarrassment to the human race. Being a parent of two daughters, it's beyond infuriating to me when I read about scumbags that do disgusting things like this. What’s really sad is that it happens everyday and with no remorse. I do not understand how anyone could feel entitled to do something like this to another human being. I can only hope that they’re all caught and locked up with a verrrrrrrrry large and lonely cellmate. I’m sure the women of the village and families of the victims have a few ideas on how to deal with these scum.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

because it is racial and i dont understand how that is so hard to believe
the casts are defined by their racial backgrounds

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

From what I see in the USA it won't be long until this thing starts happening.

Christians aren't much "holier than thou" as they think.

Just ask most of them how they feel about gays.

Barbarians all of them.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

i would prefer india to be condemned as " socially stratified "

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This may be off-topic but I have to ask.

South Africa's apartheid was a big deal with just about every protesting body on the planet for years and years causing marches and concerts and politicians condemnation and tons of news coverage.

So why not India's caste system?

If the NP just claimed that apartheid was part of their religion would the world have ignored it the way they do India?

It's funny to me how one thing gets so much attention and action while other equal things go seemingly ignored. Who decides what the cause du joir is?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: HandyDandy
From what I see in the USA it won't be long until this thing starts happening.

Seriously? A caste system where girls have to go out and use bushes for toilets, and can expect to be raped and murdered by cops for doing so, and the cops not doing anything about it because they agree with the caste system and what happened?

I"m not seeing it.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

.... a man may marry a higher cast but a woman may not marry a lower cast and it bring's shame and dishonor to do so...

How is that even possible? Who's the man marrying in the higher cast if the women is not marrying the man from the lower cast???

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Holy crap, OP, slap a pic warning on that freakin' article link, will you?? I didn't expect to see a photo of these poor kids hanging there O.O

Now that I'm thoroughly enraged for the day, I'm going to exit the thread before I rack up manners violations. This is despicable, they were only kids.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Congratulations ATSers for defaming an entire population of 1.2billion people as uncivilized and rapists . You people are a becon of light in this world . May i ask the above people to embrace " accept ignorance" rather than "deny ignorance" as your forum motto .. What would we uncivilized scum ever do without you people civilizing us

Now to get back on topic
All 7 involved has been arrested and sent to jail

Now to those Ignorant folks on ATS .. India isn't one country and culture and stop brining caste into everything without knowing what really happened . Caste system is not what you people have been brainwashed by your media to believe in modern India .. Ill go so far to the extent of saying its a massive disadvantage to be even born as a higher caste in todays society .

Each State in India has different HDI index certain states are doing remarkably well in womens safety but certain states are down the doldrums thats 3-4 states out of 27 i can think of ....

edit on 30-5-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

I don't see this as defaming Indians. Violent sex crimes happen everywhere on the planet. Ariel Castro imprisoned three girls for several years and brutalized them right here in the U.S., was reporting about this last year some sort of defaming of the U.S.? Of course not.

A three-year study of 500 Dalit women’s experiences of violence across four Indian states shows that the majority of Dalit women report having faced one or more incidents of verbal abuse (62.4%), physical assault (54.8%), sexual harassment and assault (46.8%), domestic violence (43.0%) and rape (23.2%).

International Dalit Solidarity Network

SR Darapuri, vice-president of the People's Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) in Uttar Pradesh, says most of the rape victims are poor women and girls in remote villages. Many, he says, are low-caste Dalits (formerly known as "untouchables").

"I analysed the rape figures for 2007 and I found that 90% of victims were Dalits and 85% of Dalit rape victims were underage girls," he says

BBC News - Rape and murder in Uttar Pradesh

What's particularly disturbing is the involvement of authorities, including two policemen in this crime. I see a lot of reporting of Indians who are concerned over the permissiveness of sexual assault by authorities. The fact that hundreds of villagers sat in solidarity and protest under the tree until the perpetrators were brought to justice is in my opinion, indicative of people who perceive a drastic lack of concern from authorities and are demanding action.

This thread was never intended to promote xenophobia but rather to illuminate a real social issue in some parts of India. Do you deny there is a social issue?
edit on 2014-5-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I know someone who is in those most fortuned casts in India, i have had a lot difficulties to understand her point of view and render the image in my mind which would somehow be exact what the system in India is really about.
I met her when i was studing abroad as she was too, she quit studying ( 1 year left ) because she was promised as a wife to a man she didn´t love and had to leave the country to marry him. She is still very dissapointed that she never graduated.
Well the time came that she was very dissapointed in situation in India, first i though we were talking about the negative things in general but she was upset because its so hard to hire servants in today´s India as everyone wants better life and eduacation and almost no one wants to work as a servant anymore.. She needs servants to do every housework there is.. its funny as a student she had no trouble at all to do the duties by herself.
Im actually glad that there are more opportunities to lower casts to eduacate themselves also happy that its not so easy to find a servant who raises your kids with the salary which is ridiculously low. Untouchables are still suffering caste system more than others but they are not qualified as a servants.

edit on 30-5-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join