It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Restaurant Bans Gay Couple Because ‘We Do Not Like Fags’

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yeah, if only those black folks wouldn't make such a big deal about things and just sit in their section, they wouldn't have any problem.

Yeah, if only those women would keep quiet and do what their husbands or fathers told them to do, they wouldn't have any problem.

Yeah, if only those gays would just try to hide any and all stereotypical or socio-cultural hint that they're who they are, they wouldn't have any problem.

See any pattern here?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Yeah, if only those black folks wouldn't make such a big deal about things and just sit in their section, they wouldn't have any problem.

Yeah, if only those women would keep quiet and do what their husbands or fathers told them to do, they wouldn't have any problem.

Yeah, if only those gays would just try to hide any and all stereotypical or socio-cultural hint that they're who they are, they wouldn't have any problem.

See any pattern here?
if only straight people would just shut up and refrain from speaking their minds.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n

See any pattern here?
if only straight people would just shut up and refrain from speaking their minds.

And while they're at it...STOP HAVING GAY BABIES!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It's not straight people who complain about gays. It's bigots. I'm straight. And we both are free to speak our minds. So don't impose some imaginary persecution on straight people.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Thanks for replying.

I, and i'm sure many of the Gay people of this country and world are not trying to alter the "Straight Behavior" we are not calling you a "Lifestyle" or an "Abomination" but many people (Not All) are trying to limit and control our lives and saying we should change our "Lifestyle"

no one is saying who and who you shouldn't "Like", but why discriminate? why Gay slurs and hateful remarks? you can hate or dislike who ever you want, you can say it out loud and be vocal if you desire.. but why take it to a place of hate? we are still people... There is no such thing as "Gay Sex" because some (many?) people engage in the same "Kind"

as stated by Gryphon66 take away the word gay and what are you left with?

i don't like...

*Edit*

Quickly adding on.

i see a lot of people who claim "They would take their business elsewhere" it's easy for people to feel that way that maybe hasn't faced such discrimination, or never had to worry about it. yes i know everyone has a story of some form of discrimination, but as far as what we are discussing goes.

what if that was your Kid? your Family? someone you loved? would you not be upset? would you not want someone discriminating your child/wife/husband/brother/sister/mom/dad etc

edit on 1-6-2014 by Darth_Prime because: adding on

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I'm mixed race (given our silly definition of "race") and I've faced some discrimination and some pretty obnoxious behavior from people. There are a-holes in the world. Those that drive their customers away eventually go out of business, especially in this economic clime.

Of course we are talking about private citizens who should be free to be idiots. Government and tax funded entities should not discriminate, of course, but even racial discrimination of some types is allowed by government and I think that a much greater wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Getting back to the original issue (and I know I've come into this late), the sign specifically says that "Women act like ladies".

Well, from what I remember, a Lady never "rubs legs together with their partners" (in public). They are supposed to be the epitome of grace and conservatism. And a man would never instigate their lady into something lewd (in public).

So I would believe, that in fact, the restaurant would have kicked out anyone acting in an inappropriate manner.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: juniperberry

Is it considered to be "Lady Like" to tell your customers "We don't like fags"??? Because that doesn't seem like a thing a "Lady" would do either, so maybe they should ask that waitress to leave too.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Any discrimination is bad, be it Race or Sexuality or Gender, i don't view me being discriminated against any higher than others, but i don't view it as lower either.

now, to further discuss what Gryphon66 brought up.

this waitress said she doesn't like fags. what doesn't she like about them? besides "God Hates Them" or rather God doesn't allow one to "Believe" in them, or whatever the Bible says about Gays, i am ignorant in Religion.

Gay Sex? as i stated before there really is no such thing as "Gay Sex" because some(many?) straight people engage in the same "Kind"

so lets take away the word Gay, or "Homosexual" or "Same-Sex"

what are we left with? what does she not like? what do you not like? what do you not "Believe in" or "Accept"?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Any discrimination is bad, be it Race or Sexuality or Gender, i don't view me being discriminated against any higher than others, but i don't view it as lower either.

now, to further discuss what Gryphon66 brought up.

this waitress said she doesn't like fags. what doesn't she like about them? besides "God Hates Them" or rather God doesn't allow one to "Believe" in them, or whatever the Bible says about Gays, i am ignorant in Religion.

Gay Sex? as i stated before there really is no such thing as "Gay Sex" because some(many?) straight people engage in the same "Kind"

so lets take away the word Gay, or "Homosexual" or "Same-Sex"

what are we left with? what does she not like? what do you not like? what do you not "Believe in" or "Accept"?

I don't like Brussels's Sprouts. Never have never will and nobody can make me like them.

As for the waitress--who cares? There are jerks in every walk of society, race, and sexuality. I try to avoid them. I don't need to "accept" someone to treat them with common courtesy so I don't see the need to worry about it. And that's a separate issue I guess--that people need and demand to be "accepted." Who cares? Someone can hate my guts but as long as they deal with me honestly and with a modicum of manners I don't care if he "accepts" me or not. If he cannot do those two small things, I'll take my business elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: juniperberry
Getting back to the original issue (and I know I've come into this late), the sign specifically says that "Women act like ladies".

Well, from what I remember, a Lady never "rubs legs together with their partners" (in public). They are supposed to be the epitome of grace and conservatism. And a man would never instigate their lady into something lewd (in public).

So I would believe, that in fact, the restaurant would have kicked out anyone acting in an inappropriate manner.

Except that there is no record, anywhere, at any time of Earl's removing any straight couple for any kind of behavior, inappropriate or otherwise.

Why don't you guys just stop it? It's obviously okay here to let your bias flags fly ... stop trying to put it on the couple and put it where it belongs on the owner and his daughter.

They don't like gays or lesbians or trans* folk ... (of course, I'd be willing to lay good odds on at least a few of their regular customers being good married bisexuals) and they don't want them in their facility. They've been real clear about that, and now, the public has the chance to be clear in return.

The comment on the front door coupled with the ease of Ms. Cheney's use of the f-word makes it clear that these folks are biased against LGBT. Let them own it! Let the market speak!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

But people (Not All) Lack that common courtesy. and discriminating remark or slur is lacking courtesy. it would be different if they didn't like the "Person" but they don't like the Sexuality.

if someone didn't like someones taste of Music or Fashion that is different from someone not liking you based on Sexuality or Race.

if someone didn't Accept Black people would they be Racist? or would they just be someone who doesn't accept all Black people.

i don't want to be misunderstood, i understand what you are saying, sure we shouldn't base our life or our happiness on if someone like us or not, and that is for everyone

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

But people (Not All) Lack that common courtesy. and discriminating remark or slur is lacking courtesy. it would be different if they didn't like the "Person" but they don't like the Sexuality.

if someone didn't like someones taste of Music or Fashion that is different from someone not liking you based on Sexuality or Race.

if someone didn't Accept Black people would they be Racist? or would they just be someone who doesn't accept all Black people.

i don't want to be misunderstood, i understand what you are saying, sure we shouldn't base our life or our happiness on if someone like us or not, and that is for everyone

Of course a slur or an insult is lack of courtesy.

"Racist" does get bandied about too much, IMHO. If a person doesn't accept all back people are they racist? I dunno, depends why. Certainly someone can dislike people who act and dress in a certain thug culture way without being a racist.

You are right, we shouldn't base our life or happiness on people liking us. Life is too short to get bent out of shape by the jerks out there.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Yeah, but you wouldn't necessarily not like him because he was black as the primary reason, Prejudice and Racist or Bigoted or whatever all different. you can be Prejudice out of ignorance, or your perceived Stereotypes.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Sure, certainly possible. The question is that should we be trying to legislate such things away?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

See any pattern here?

Whoever said they should?

I think rather, it might be nice if the nasty ones just stopped spewing unnecessary hate towards people who are slightly different to them.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I've heard arguments that it's Unconstitutional to not allow Smoking in places...

if a Restaurant kicked someone out because of Guns what would happen?

It has happened and people back that action. See, people like to justify one over the other, because they back their personal feelings over principal.

If it is okay to deny service because of a firearm, which is backed by the 2nd, then it is fine to deny service based on anything else, as being Gay is not backed by any law.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

originally posted by: macman

originally posted by: HandyDandy
a reply to: macman

So you wouldn't have any objection to a sign that says "no military allowed as you are a killer"?

I highly doubt it.

No, no I would not. It is not my business nor do I own the company.

If they don't want my money, no problem. I can go elsewhere.

I am not going to bitch and moan about it.

But they served their country. Surely they deserve to be treated with respect?

Just because I served in the Military, doesn't mean I deserve respect.
In fact, i could really care less if people do or don't respect me.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: macman

Cause you seemed incapable of answering my post as a whole, I don't do snip matches any more and when one side of the conversation continues to do it then other side has no choice but to join in

So, take your ball and go home I guess.

Very tolerant of you.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Well, you can't force someone to think something, i wouldn't want to be forced to believe in a Religion, or forced to act a certain way. likewise i wouldn't expect to force people into believing certain things. but a business is not a person.

honestly, i'm ignorant about legalities and laws of that nature so i don't want to talk about things i don't know. i'm coming at from a perspective of "Everybody say love"

i don't think people should be protected to discriminate based on hate or religion, because it creates levels of people and i nor anyone else is not worth others based on Sex gender or race

i can get fired in 29 states just for being Gay, i can not be served at places just because i'm Gay, and yes i can go to another store, and why would i give them business based on their views, but it's the point i guess of discrimination and lowering someones worth

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join