It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Iceberg

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Rob48

I said why i doubted it in my post mate.

Text books aren't always accurate you know.

It could not be more obviously a mirage. Look at the alignment - right above the highest peak of the iceberg, and only above that highest part. And it is clearly an inverted image of the tip of the berg, shimmering with the atmospheric turbulence.

And, as I stated above, the video uploader also thinks it's a mirage. So where is the mystery?
edit on 20-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
It's a MIRAGE.

What would cause the object to the far right that falls in the video at the end?

A white object appears behind the glacier in the middle dip at .37

Another to the far right of the screen in the distance at .45 that one rapidly falls, there is another to the left of the main object in between those times.

Things are falling, there is a splash in the foreground near the end also.
edit on 20-5-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

It's a MIRAGE.

What would cause the object to the far right that falls in the video at the end?

That is a bird. You can see it flying across the screen from left to right, between the two icebergs, from about 0:34.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Upon reflection and some more research, i believe you're probably correct.

It does look a lot similar to what is called a 'Fata Morgana'.

A specific type of optical illusion, or mirage.

Never seen this type before, so was too quick to dismiss it.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

It's a MIRAGE.

That is a bird. You can see it flying across the screen from left to right, between the two icebergs, from about 0:34.

Thank you could you look at the other falling object I mentioned?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

That is the same object. It flies across from left to right and then right near the end of the video it dives almost vertically into the sea. Probably a gannet.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Upon reflection and some more research, i believe you're probably correct.

It does look a lot similar to what is called a 'Fata Morgana'.

A specific type of optical illusion, or mirage.

Never seen this type before, so was too quick to dismiss it.

Makes ya wonder how many UFO sightings have been Fata Morganas.

They can be fast moving and changing and can even occur at night from celestial bodies.

The universe can be a real kaleidoscope sometimes.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

That is the same object. It flies across from left to right and then right near the end of the video it dives almost vertically into the sea. Probably a gannet.

I don't think so, it is way big, if you watch it slow at one point you can see how big, I didn't catch it at the largest. I live by the Ocean and watching diving birds all day, the pelicans are here now, and I don't think so.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Fata Morganas can instantly go from superior to inferior (from above to below ie. a bird, diving).

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

A white object appears behind the glacier in the middle dip at .37

Another to the far right of the screen in the distance at .45 that one rapidly falls, there is another to the left of the main object in between those times.

Things are falling, there is a splash in the foreground near the end also.

Looks like Rob cleared it up.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I don't think so, it is way big, if you watch it slow at one point you can see how big, I didn't catch it at the largest. I live by the Ocean and watching diving birds all day, the pelicans are here now, and I don't think so.

Doesn't look too big to me. It's a long way in front of the icebergs, as you can see by the point where the splash appears, and the camera is zoomed in a very long way.

Looks like the same bird dives into the sea at 0:29 (splash is below right hand end of left iceberg), then takes off again at 0:32 and flies off to the right, before diving again at 0:45-0:47.

Edit: BTW here is the spot on Google Maps.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It's a MIRAGE.

You should post that shot in the Very Unusual Arizona Object thread. :-)
edit on 20-5-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

...Doesn't look too big to me. It's a long way in front of the icebergs, as you can see by the point where the splash appears, and the camera is zoomed in a very long way...

I agree. the object that falls into the ocean is clearly a bit of a distance in front of the iceberg. The iceberg in on the horizon, and the splash is somewhat in front of it. So that moving/splashing object could easily be a bird of some sort.

By the way, I also mostly agree with the superior image/mirage explanation for the object above the iceberg, but is it also possible that the iceberg has an irregularly shaped upward "protuberance" (maybe "C" shaped, with the open end of the "C" facing us)? Perhaps the middle part of the "C" is in a shadow cast by the top part, and the shadow is blending in with the background sky. The part we can see is part at the top of the "C" that is in the sun.

However, as I said, I think it is more likely a mirage/superior image, especially considering how the shape changes slightly as the thermal layers shimmer, distort, and wave.

edit on 5/20/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sometimes what you see isn't really there, and vice versa.

news.distractify.com...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Regardless of anything else, the easiest explanation, the most likely usually being the case, can make people lazy and they won't look deeper or think beyond, so may miss oddities that do exist around us...something to keep in mind.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Here's a classic example

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Superior mirages are quite common in polar regions, especially over large sheets of ice that have a uniform low temperature.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 20-5-2014 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

There's even a bird in there too

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: MarsIsRed

There's even a bird in there too

But... but... but how do you KNOW it's a bird

Looks like a trans-dimensional scout ship from zeta reticuli fishing for shrimp to me!
edit on 20-5-2014 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

...Add that it appears to be rotating slowly about it's own axis, it's even more doubtful it is either a Mirage or a cloud...

It doesn't really seem to be "rotating slowly about its own axis" as it seemingly looks just to be changing shape in the distortion of the wavy thermal air layers.

That's why it likely seems like a mirage or a superior image to me.

edit on 5/20/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

I agree, as the camera changed it's view, so did part of the rest of the iceberg show. When she panned back left, it went away.

<< 1    3 >>

join