It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Love won today,"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
@flyersfan......''You know nothing about 'true christians'. Not a darn thing''.............. Yes, I do. For starters, they respect Moses. You don't.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
For starters, they respect Moses. You don't.

1 - Quoting scripture exactly as it is, isn't 'disrespect'. It's just stating scripture. What's the matter? You don't believe what scripture states?

2 - No .. you have no clue about Christians or Christianity.

3 - I see you avoided the TOPIC question again. How about you give it a try and answer it. What EXACTLY is wrong with homosexual marriage other than your religious indoctrination 'reasons' ?? Since you refuse to answer, then the fact remains there is no good reason for marriage equality to be denied.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
For someone saying that the Media has controlled the population into following the "Gay Agenda" is the same person being controlled by Religion to not make up your own mind.

this is about Love and Human Rights

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It happens every once in a while...

I agree with you. The majority of voters were, in this instance, wrong.

Stay tuned for further challenges of this ruling, however...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

1 -what EXACTLY is wrong with homosexual marriage other than your religious indoctrination 'reasons' ?? Since you refuse to answer, then the fact remains there is no good reason for marriage equality to be denied.

in case you didn't know, the religion you identify with.... ALSO opposes same sex marriage, and stop saying ''religious ioctrination'' because this widely accepted idea of marriage equality including same sex couples is a result of secular indoctrination. it did not exist a few decades ago. But was injected into peoples minds, as an acceptable lifestyle.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

1 -what EXACTLY is wrong with homosexual marriage other than your religious indoctrination 'reasons' ?? Since you refuse to answer, then the fact remains there is no good reason for marriage equality to be denied.

in case you didn't know, the religion you identify with.... ALSO opposes same sex marriage, and stop saying ''religious ioctrination'' because this widely accepted idea of marriage equality including same sex couples is a result of secular indoctrination. it did not exist a few decades ago. But was injected into peoples minds, as an acceptable lifestyle.

How dare anyone 'inject' the idea of equality into our minds! How very dare they!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

Gay marriage bans were used by the bush administration to win a second term in office.

Voters around the country Tuesday weighed in on a range of state measures from legalizing marijuana to banning gay marriage and scrapping the tradition of winner takes all electoral votes in a presidential election. Gay-marriage bans bulldozed to victory in all 11 states that voted on the measure: Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon and Utah.

USATODAY

I'm pro liberty and freedom and love in all forms too bad others are not.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Homosexuality is not a "Lifestyle" you can be Gay and have a similar "Lifestyle" to the one you have. there are many "Lifestyles" you may deem as "unacceptable" but a Sexual Orientation on it's own is not a "Lifestyle"

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Russian president Vladmir Putin speaks the truth...1:30 mark

''In many countries today, public morals are being reconsidered. National traditions and differences are being demolished. We know there are more people around the globe who support our position in terms of ensuring traditional values, which have been the spiritual and moral base of civilization, for all nations, for centuries.''

So people living in North America don't set the norms for the rest of the world.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Are you actually, seriously using that psychotic, demon of a man to try and prove something?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Align yourself with Russia all you like. What record do they have in regards to religious liberty?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Or any liberty whatsoever. The member may as well have quoted Hitler and told us all how much he loves him.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gusdynamite

How dare anyone 'inject' the idea of equality into our minds! How very dare they!

Nobody injected ''equality'' into anybodys mind, or people would respect opposing views with equal respect ..... instead of pulling out the ''hater'' card to silence the opposition.

What has been injected are new definitions of societal institutions that people have been made to accept unquestioningly. Which is why, as seen here ...people respond to opposing views, by throwing around buzzwords like ''equality'' and other similar emotionally charged phrases, not very different from the way the media presents the case.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Nobody injected ''equality'' into anybodys mind...

Well, hang on a minute...didn't you claim they did?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Align yourself with Russia all you like. What record do they have in regards to religious liberty?

Thats besides the point.
The reason I quoted Putin was because he addressed this matter objectively and with class, even from the perspective of a non-Russian or a non-Christian.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: gusdynamite

No. Heres what I actually said :

this widely accepted idea of marriage equality including same sex couples is a result of secular indoctrination. it did not exist a few decades ago. But was injected into peoples minds, as an acceptable lifestyle.

Not the same as saying ''equality''' was injected into peoples minds,

edit on 22-5-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gusdynamite

No. Heres what I actually said :

this widely accepted idea of marriage equality including same sex couples is a result of secular indoctrination. it did not exist a few decades ago. But was injected into peoples minds, as an acceptable lifestyle.

I hate (love) to be the one to break it to you, but marriage equality is a small part of equality as a whole.

I know you don't like the idea of it. I know you don't like to share things with people you deem to be 'less' than you because of your superstitions.

That's all well and good but I absolutely revel like a pig in sht that no matter how many threads you author on the subject ,there is literally nothing you can do to stop the momentum of love and equality.

edit on 22 5 2014 by gusdynamite because: oink

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Gay marriage is a non-issue that is only being made into an issue by those "offended" by it. News flash, if you're offended by something, that's your problem, not anyone else's!

There's only one person in the world that can make you mad. YOU!

(generalizing the term 'you').

I'm still waiting on an answer for Flyer's Fan regarding her request for argument against gay marriage using something other than a religious one. I have yet to read or hear one anywhere.

I had two friends (sisters) growing up who's mother was a lesbian and the only thing I ever saw in that family was love. The girls were always happy, their mother and her partner were always together doing stuff and made the home fun to be at and I loved going to play and stay over at their house. Mostly because in my own home, my mother and father were in a rotten marriage. My father was verbally abusive towards my mother, barely acknowledged me and my brother's existence, and he ended up being a cheating bastard. I was jealous of my friends.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

it did not exist a few decades ago. But was injected into peoples minds, as an acceptable lifestyle.

Again ...

Just because something was acceptable doesn't mean it was right.
Just because something was unacceptable doesn't mean it was wrong.

EXAMPLE - A few hundred years ago, in certain parts of the world, it was an acceptable lifestyle to murder people who disagreed with you and take their children as slaves. That doesn't mean it was right. EXAMPLE - A few hundred years ago people used natural remedies for healthcare and they were put to death as 'witches'. That doesn't mean they were wrong for using natural remedies. Thankfully most people evolve. It isn't 600AD. It is 2014AD. People are more educated and more understanding now.

edit on 5/22/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: camain
I personally don't agree with same sex marriage due to the fact that marriage is a religious contract between 2 individuals and the state. That said, I absolutely think that homosexuals should be allowed to enter into same sex unions, and have all the rights, privileges, and circumstances that a married heterosexual couple has. I also personally think that muilt-unit unions should be allowed as well as there are people that like to get a little freaky out there. I think all should have equal right, but only one should be classified as marriage. the others are unions.

They should have ALL the rights, except marriage.

Why? Because they are "sub-humans" or what is your reasoning?

Besides that marriage is not a religious contract (who the hell came up with this?)...but let's assume it WERE so, if it were the case, what you say that homosexuals should not be allowed marriage "because it's a religious contract between 2 individuals and the state"....how exactly does this exclude homosexuals?

LOL..seriously...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join