It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Love won today,"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Things like this are really nothing more than opening up a new market and have very little to do with religion or anything else other than the money to be made by bringing individuals who wouldn't participate so openly in the market, into openly participating.

Other than that, I really don't have an opinion on it and never really have unless someone of different sexual orientation (if it should even really be referred to as sexual since sex implies a reproductive purpose) than mine gets pushy.

Time is always wasted....

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n
that's a flat out lie. Unfortunately I can't prove it.
But you know it is. And so does God.

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
I wasn't even arguing from a religious P.O.V.

That's the ONLY reason to be against marriage equality. And it's not a good one.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
...I really don't have an opinion on it and never really have unless someone of different sexual orientation (if it should even really be referred to as sexual since sex implies a reproductive purpose) than mine gets pushy...

Pushy like ike heterosexuals and the religious nut bars have been for so very, very long? As for the quip about not calling homosexuality a sexual preference because "sex implies reproduction". No, it doesn't imply anything of the sort. Sex implies sex.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What a wonderful world we live in when the people can vote on something and one person can make that a moot point.

What happens when the day comes when an elected official decides that he or she doesn't have to leave office even if the people have voted otherwise? Clearly, the people don't matter and this is part of what we are being set up to accept and support.

It's not about what one person says. It's about following the Constitution and it's intent. If the majority of the people in your state voted to ban guns or free speech, and a judge ruled that these bans were unconstitutional, I bet you wouldn't have any problem at all with that judge. If what the people want is unconstitutional, then you're right -- what they want doesn't matter.

Slavery, the treatment of blacks as non-citizens, and women's inability to vote were all accepted at one time by the majority for many years. All those things also happen to be unconstitutional. It just took a while for all of us to realize that. Thank goodness another group of people (and certain judges) brought it to our attention, so that it could be corrected. And, there were "adjustment pains" for many, because change is hard -even if it is the right change. Same thing with gay marriage. They are consenting adult citizens of this country, and it is unconstitutional to deny them citizen's rights - no matter what the majority says.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Male, female...When they do their nasty dance it is for the purpose of reproduction and always has been whether or not those doing the dance realize it's purpose or not.

The different sexes only purpose is reproduction, I really have no idea how people got the idea there was another purpose for the act however misguided they may be....

Oh wait, no pesky babies to deal with if it's done a certain way, no responsibility for one's actions.

That must be it....

a reply to: gusdynamite

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

So in your WHOLE life, you have NEVER had sex... unless it was for the express purpose of having a baby?? So, how many kids do you have? That tell me how many times you've actually had sex. Once or twice?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Male, female...When they do their nasty dance it is for the purpose of reproduction and always has been whether or not those doing the dance realize it's purpose or not.

The different sexes only purpose is reproduction, I really have no idea how people got the idea there was another purpose for the act however misguided they may be....

Oh wait, no pesky babies to deal with if it's done a certain way, no responsibility for one's actions.

That must be it....

Sex is fun, that's why people do it. I'm sure they would still do it to make babies if it hurt because there's no other way, but it's silly to think that people have sex simply to reproduce.

As for this notion that if sex is "done a certain way" people don't have the responsibility of their actions - I presume you mean children - sex encompases a vast variety of acts and behaviors.

The different sexes have more purpose than simply to reproduce. Your idea is definitely intriguing, though. It raises questions about the meaning of life.

edit on 21 5 2014 by gusdynamite because: oops

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Sex is fun and feels good because if it wasn't fun and felt good every single thing on the planet would fail to reproduce and become extinct.

There has been homosexual activity exhibited by most species here, but those are the individuals who never pass on their genetic material and in effect become extinct.

If the entire species failed to reproduce through sexual activity, where do you think that species would end up?.

As to your previous post regarding religious zealots and such, I find them very annoying also.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Tell me about it, but it would be a boring world without them. Easier, but I'm not sure if that's the point of being here. I get what you mean about sex being for reproduction and of course it makes sense to make the act itself feel good to encourage it.

I have no children and at my age it wouldn't be a smart idea to start now, but Ilove sex and no kids. Thinking about getting a staffy, though - not sure that they count but it won't yell at me or steal out of my wallet

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
There are lots of benefits of sex, besides reproducing and just "having fun". It is good for our mental and physical health.

www.webmd.com...

This argument of "if the whole world was gay, we would all die out" seems to be the whole basis of peoples' fear of homosexuality. They somehow think if we allow homosexuals to be open in our society, that it will turn us all gay and the world will end.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

If the entire species failed to reproduce through sexual activity, where do you think that species would end up?.

If the entire species reproduced every time they had sexual activity, where do you think that species would end up?
If the entire species were one gender, where do you think that species would end up?

My questions are as asinine and absurd on the face as yours. There is no danger of the entire species becoming homosexual or becoming one gender. No one is suggesting that. We have plenty of people breeding to even be concerned about that. It's just an absurd suggestion that doesn't even back up your position.

What if the entire species turned inside out and exploded? Now there's a question to ponder...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I am not gay and I am not a homophobe either.

It's amusing how people become bigoted toward those they suspect may be bigots or maybe simply see things differently than themselves.

I do have an attitude, but it's simply my getting older and having less time to argue meaningless points in a place like this that means absolutely nothing to anyone anywhere at all.

Done.

a reply to: kaylaluv

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I am not gay and I am not a homophobe either.

It's amusing how people become bigoted toward those they suspect may be bigots or maybe simply see things differently than themselves.

I do have an attitude, but it's simply my getting older and having less time to argue meaningless points in a place like this that means absolutely nothing to anyone anywhere at all.

Done.

a reply to: kaylaluv

Don't be too quick to assume people using strong language dislike you or think your're bigoted. This is a wonderful discussion and I'm grateful to have read your posts.

We all have attitude and I think if we read each others words more carefully, we can better understand that more often than not we aren't opposing, but rather adding to and learning from each other.

edit on 21 5 2014 by gusdynamite because: oops twice

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

that's a flat out lie. Unfortunately I can't prove it.

The only ''lie'' is your statement that I would call a theist, (no matter which kind)...an ''atheist''.

I know I have referred to Christians as polytheists, (because that''s what they are), but I could NOT have ever called a theist an ''atheist'' as you claim I did.

What are you trying to pull here, flyers fan? I'm going to have to assume you're confusing me with somebody else.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I am content knowing that you will be faced with this at your judgement.

That being said ... the ONLY reason anyone could possibly be against homosexual marriage is a religious one. And that's not a good one. Do you have ANY good reason whatsoever to be against homosexual marriage other than a religious one? Let's hear it.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I am content knowing that you will be faced with this at your judgement..
you do realize you'd need to explain your insults towards God's prophets, on judgement day, right? Anyway, true christians are against same sex marriage. They are the only ones in N.America who oppose that practice. What if christianity were to collapse completely....and gays can marry all they want. Would you be happy? If not, Why?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I am content knowing that you will be faced with this at your judgement..
you do realize you'd need to explain your insults towards God's prophets, on judgement day, right? Anyway, true christians are against same sex marriage. They are the only ones in N.America who oppose that practice. What if christianity were to collapse completely....and gays can marry all they want. Would you be happy? If not, Why?

Bullsht. If you believe that clap trap, the better for you but not everyone else. Stop preaching hate and despair unless we all follow your own personal version of the way it all is - since you obviously have it all figured out and are an expert on life and not just your own - mine and everyone else's, too.

If christianity or islam or any other crazy religion collapsed completely and something else took it's place - or nothing at all - the world wouldn't end. Religion is from man and it has absolutely no place in anyone's life whatsoever unless they specifically choose for it to be.

Most importantly, it has no place in any sort of government and should never, ever, be used to hold anyone back from their goals - especially when that goal is love.

Nobody has the right, nor power to tell anyone else how or who to love and I can tell it is eating the religious up inside because they have lost control.

edit on 21 5 2014 by gusdynamite because: *

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Anyway, true christians are against same sex marriage. They are the only ones in N.America who oppose that practice. What if christianity were to collapse completely....and gays can marry all they want. Would you be happy? If not, Why?

What an uninformed post. True followers of Christ do not make judgments, as Christ himself told them not to. It is only the Christians In Name Only who are judgmental. True Christians may choose not to marry someone of the same gender, but they don't believe in stopping others from doing so - as long as no one is getting hurt.

I love the "what if" questions. What if Jesus were to come back and scold all those who condemn homosexuals for simply loving someone of the same gender? What if Jesus never existed? What if God doesn't exist? What if all of this is just a hologram and none of us really exist at all? Wouldn't all of our judgments be so silly then?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

What if christianity were to collapse completely....and gays can marry all they want. Would you be happy? If not, Why?

Yes, I'd be completely happy. Christianity is what's keeping this society from treating everyone equally.

When blacks and whites wanted to marry, it was the "Christians" (the judgmental, angry, hateful kind) who stood in the way, using the same lame excuses they're using now, to keep it from happening. They lost that battle, too.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

you do realize you'd need to explain your insults towards God's prophets, on judgement day, right?

You do realize that quoting scripture that shows Moses was a mass murdering sex slaver isn't 'insulting' anyone, but is instead telling the truth by exactly quoting scripture, right?

true christians are against same sex marriage.

You know nothing about 'true christians'. Not a darn thing.

...and gays can marry all they want. Would you be happy? If not, Why?

I would be very happy to see marriage equality in this country ...
I would be very happy to see secular rule of law run the entire planet.
It's the only civilized rule of law.

BTW ... Christianity AND marriage equality can both be in this country together just fine. We are not a theocracy ... thank God. Secular rule of law makes it possible for both to be side by side.

Now ... how about you answer the question ... do you have ANY information that shows homosexual marriage is bad for humanity? Any thing that isn't religious indoctrination? Considering that you, once again, deflected from answering that ... I'll have to assume you have nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join