It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two pics from Oilantaytambo that 100% defy evolution

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Premise #1: The Biblical Flood occurred (you believe that)
Premise #2: The Bible is true
(your interpretation of it - Creationism especially)
Premise #3: The Earth is only 6,000 to 100,000 years old.

Evidence #1: Mankind had in possession of high technlogy before the flood right after the Earth was created.
"Evidence" #2: Flood occurred (Premise #1) washing away any evidence of technology right after Mankind just started.

Therefore the Evolution Theory is wrong.

Is this the gist of what you are trying to explain in the OP?

Small problem still. Evolutionary Theory has Homo Sapiens (Anatomically Same as Modern Man) dating back 200,000 years ago. 50,000 years ago those Homo's were carving up stones. So depending on where you place the "Flood" happening we're still talking about the same "Evolutionary Advanced Human" carving up those stones.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I understand and agree and thanks for replying. I am just trying to understand what it was that he was trying to explain in the OP.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: solomons path

Hey Sol, always good to see you.

The Ancient Alien con men,

But you should know damn well I don't buy their crap.

I'm only using the pics, to show how far back in time we have to go,
to date the time of the rock carvings. As we can clearly see it was
before the whole mountainside somehow was sheared off, sometime
after the carvings had been accomplished. My claim is a simple one
but the evidence and only sense to be made of it? Is right there in
the pic. That shows it did happen.

Well, I'm not sure where you are getting the information to make that claim. The second picture is clearly a well documented quarry site in the region, comprised of Andesite. The blocks quarried there built the cities and temples. We know how the quarried these sites because there are still some with ramps and partially quarried stone blocks. We have found the tools used at the locations. There was no advanced technology needed to accomplish this feat and we know when the Inca inhabited the region.

As for the first pic, there is no source and I'm not sure exactly what we are looking at. What is the scale? What does the surrounding area look like? What type of site is this found at? Believe it or not, the ancient stone workers had saws and drills . . . just not what the AA folks or you are implying.

The Egyptians had a variety of ways to cut granite, mostly involving copper and sand. There are plenty of saw marks on granite stones in Egypt, such as at the granite quarries, as well as notable ones like the famous granite sarcophagus in the Great Pyramid.

This is a description of what the Egyptians used, which was way before the Inca were building. Whether you believe the AA promoters or not is of no consequence, as that is where the idea for this and the examples used as evidence come from. In the last two decades, Bible literalists and YE'ers have begun to use the same evidence. Only to them, it's evidence of advanced societies before the flood.

Actually archaeologists are not "stumped" by these sites and have quite a bit of evidence to explain how they quarried and worked stone. The "whys" are sometimes a different answer. You're a quick internet search away from finding out exactly what evidence the current models are based on and why that evidence makes sense. Simply Google scholarly articles/papers on the site and compare to what is claimed by those that preach incredulity.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I could easily turn around and call some old sculpted rocks can disprove the bible.

I see absolutely no correlation between this and the theory of evolution. Or any other proposed theory such as the big bang, or creationism for that matter.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
All I see from those pictures is some evidence that man was more advanced in the past than we give ourselves credit for being.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: moonrunner

You're right I don't understand evoloution.

"Darwin's Theory of Evolution is the widely held notion that all life is related and has descended from a common ancestor: the birds and the bananas, the fishes and the flowers -- all related. Darwin's general theory presumes the development of life from non-life and stresses a purely naturalistic (undirected) "descent with modification". That is, complex creatures evolve from more simplistic ancestors naturally over time. In a nutshell, as random genetic mutations occur within an organism's genetic code, the beneficial mutations are preserved because they aid survival -- a process known as "natural selection." These beneficial mutations are passed on to the next generation. Over time, beneficial mutations accumulate and the result is an entirely different organism (not just a variation of the original, but an entirely different creature)"
www.darwins-theory-of-evolution.com...

Really not all that hard to understand.

Not understanding something doesn't mean that it's false. It only shows a lack of knowledge.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Well I'm convinced..

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

There was a worldwide flood yes. We had technology in the past, yes. Have I got proof? No, I don't control the flow of information in this world as everything that stands as proof for our previous "dynasty" as a civ. has been sealed away. Only leftovers are shown. But we have accounts which speak of this, uncounted many. Everyone who states this not to be true have either not read and searched for the clues which lead to a net of truth or are being paid to discriminate.

How stupid it is to think that people would, whether a slave or not, build monuments for "gods" or kings or pharaohs or emperors for 60+ years with simple tools and constant hard work is just insane, I would've accepted death instead, in fact, welcomed it.

We have never been totally dumb in the form of body we are now....maybe less knowledge, but certainly not dumb.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------
Edit:

Although authority keeps slaves on going, only so long in the conditions described by our scholars.

I for one believe that corrupt beings taught us and started the first civ's using the most "natural" form of working these things and then we inherited them. They might've had some of us (the slaves) so shaken to the core...but the hell I know the little details?

edit on 19/5/14 by Sump3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/5/14 by Sump3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This may be my favorite thread of all time. I don't get any of it. Each post I read sends me deeper into a WTF induced coma.

Are the cuts in the stone actually scales, and the fact that they haven''t evolved into a different type of scales is proof that evolution is false....

My whole world view is crumbling.

edit on 05am05am312014-05-19T05:17:51-05:0005America/Chicago by mahatche because: fixed my crudeness.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

Why post at all man? You have nothing to add...Don't care if you don't get it. Why say anything at all? It's been asked of him in at least 4 other posts?

Would you want this done to your thread?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3

Why post at all man? You have nothing to add...Don't care if you don't get it. Why say anything at all? It's been asked of him in at least 4 other posts?

So you do understand the OP?

Most people don't understand the OP and that's why they are asking questions.

"Would you want this done to your thread?" - If you make a thread that makes no sense at all you'd have people scratching their heads and asking you questions to clarify what you meant. That's just how it works. If you start a debate and there are aspects of your debate that people don't understand, then they ask you to explain more in details. That's just normal.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
OP if you aren't trolling, you've fallen into an information bubble. Unfortunately for you, it's the wrong information.

Your view of evolution doesn't come close to what evolution actually presents.

I'm agnostic, but It doesn't have to be anti god either. If you believe god created everything, then you should hold the belief that he created the law that allows genetic switches. No need to doubt evolution. I think the evidence for evolution is so strong, that placing the validation of your religion against it isn't in your best interests if you wish to stay religious.

edit on 05am04am312014-05-19T04:58:42-05:0004America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3

I posted to give my appreciation for this thread. It's all love. There is nothing I could have said, that hasn't been said.

I've used internet forums for many years, I've had plenty of threads get comments far worse then my original. I wouldn't mind my comment at all. There is the possibility this guy is trolling. He's so confused it's hard to tell. I can't pretend I'm not baffled, but it's a great type of baffle that I enjoy.

edit on 05am04am312014-05-19T04:56:15-05:0004America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

How does a rock disprove the theory of evolution? What does evolution have to do with geology? You are clueless.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

The fact that you read the daily fail explains this thread quite well....

. Scientifically, I stand as much chance of disproving evolution, as I do proving Gods existence to an atheist.

Probably the most accurate post I've seen from you

edit on 19-5-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

uhhh.. ok?

I don't see anything that defies evolution here...

The whole ancient alien theory holds more water then the idea of creationism... at least according to Christianity's idea of it...

Though I still say creationism and evolution go hand in hand...

But in reality, AA theory and creationism are virtually the same thing.

The only difference is the question of what or who was the creator.

An ET, only a few thousand or so years technologically ahead of us, would be so fantastically advanced, that the deity most people would think of as 'god' would be playing catch up to pull off as impressive a set of 'miracles' as it were.

The ET, only that relatively short time ahead of ourselves would truely be able to display the jaw-droppingly, incomprehensibe extraordinary feats.

Creationism..still applies to the AA theories...it's just about who or what was doing the creating, and whoever did, if they did, were probably smart enough to build in a self advancment and adjustment mechanism to our design - evolution.

All evolution is, is the ability to adapt. Adaptation to environment, to other animals / threats, to conditions we find ourselves living under in order to gain advantage or to aid survival of the species.

If i were a super advanced ET designing a race of creatures or if i were 'a god' (is there any difference?) i would most certainly have built in such an ability knowing that with a sudden change of circumstances, an unforseen climatic change, a prolonged period of environmental difficulty would surely have finished off my 'creation' without the ability to adapt to changes.

It just makes sense in any creation based origin scenario, whether you are thinking of an etheral creator god, or an Ancient astronaut creator science expedition.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This thread confuses me. What does a bunch of carved rocks have to do with how life changes and adapts over time?

Timeline of Human Evolution

As you can see, humans have evolved into homo sapien sapiens roughly 200,000 years ago. So 6000 or 12000 years ago, there was PLENTY of time for humans to get to our level of technology in the past, it only took us about 6000 years. That's only 3% of the total time humans have been Homo Sapien Sapiens. Sorry, randy your argument has NOTHING to do with evolution, disproves or proves nothing, and is a huge waste of time. There is nothing to debate here.
edit on 19-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Forgive me, I admit I could've gone in another direction myself.

What I think randyvs is talking about ties in with his last thread:

Enoch, Yay or Nay

This book has to do with beings that supposedly taught us things and more. But to take it credible one must read almost everything the ancient civs. from that area left behind. There is truth to it all, that is my belief/faith. You make yours

Sorry If i caused you to feel bad. And I take full responsibility for my own humiliation.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Bye Bye evolution. Hello every truth that is the Bible.

Good thinking. If evolution is proved false, every word of the Bible is automatically true?

A lot of Muslims don't believe in evolution. If it's proved false, does that mean the Qu'ran is true?

Most religions have some kind of creation myth, Randy. If evolution is proved false, does that mean all those religions are true?

edit on 19/5/14 by Astyanax because: it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join