It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tightass Australian Budget

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosha
Depression fading..anger rising.....organizing...marches are on..thought I'd post for anyone considering to fight a good fight.

Marches are being held every cap city this Sunday 18th #bustthebudget and #marchinmay for details
Confirmed march in Melbourne: Sunday, May 18, 2pm, State Library.

And thank you to those that will and do march...you're marching for me, tas, a lot of us here too.

Right now we still get to choose our outcomes....it's not so far gone here as in other places and our population is still small and awake enough that means we do have a hope to drag it back from the abyss and draw a line.

So... Iceland or Greece? Which direction is it to be? YOU decide from here on in.

Best to all.

Ro

www.abovetopsecret.com... Please read my following comments in the link to an ATS thread called Happy Australia Day. It is only 3 pages long.Just skim through my replies.There I predicted and warned of the Market Correction down to the day.100% accuratcy.Once you have skimmed through those, read my last post.Remember this was written in January.This concerns every Australian. Some off you may recall my thread predicting the Dark Knight Massacre, 2 weeks Before it happened.We all know the result of that.

edit on 15-5-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
An update on marches:

SYDNEY:

WHERE: Belmore Park, Hay Street
WHEN: Sunday 18 May, 1pm
Facebook: www.facebook.com...

BRISBANE:
WHERE: Queen Park, George St
WHEN: 1pm

MELBOURNE:
WHERE: State Library, Swanston St
WHEN: Sunday 18 May, 2pm

PERTH:
WHERE: Russell Square Park, Cnr Shenton & James Street, Northbridge WA, Perth
WHEN: Sunday 18 May, 12pm

ADELAIDE:
WHERE: Victoria Square
WHEN: Sunday 18 May, 11.30am

HOBART:
WHERE: Parliament Lawns
WHEN: Sunday 18 May, 1pm
edit on 15-5-2014 by Rosha because: gremlins

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 13th Zodiac
www.abovetopsecret.com... Please read my following comments in the link to an ATS thread called Happy Australia Day. It is only 3 pages long.Just skim through my replies.There I predicted and warned of the Market Correction down to the day.100% accuratcy.Once you have skimmed through those, read my last post.Remember this was written in January.This concerns every Australian. Some off you may recall my thread predicting the Dark Knight Massacre, 2 weeks Before it happened.We all know the result of that.

Thank you, I did read this as it was being threaded and I think in many areas you are spot on. The issues for me are differently focused. Then as now, what is important to me is how we as citizens/communities cope and what we choose to allow or dont once this incremental systemic crash has reached its peak and the days 'after' really begin.

To me, the crash/coup many fear, is already happening, zombie apocalypse is already here, it has been for at least 20 years of social silence and political disillusionment. Similarly, to me WWW 3 began 40 years ago, so to me, everything people are fearing about what will happen "after Armageddon" is happening now in front of their faces and ppl just dont see it for what it is - forest for the trees.

What maters to me then, is what do we do about it? Do we in ignorance or in panic enshrine an oligarchy in place of our communities like the US did after the 40's crash? Accepting the unacceptable of war or social suicide are "essential" and so allow them to inflate and manipulate the credit and good character of what we are?

Or do we come together as PEOPLE, ( even if we are broke hungry and miserable) and go back to the drawing board and back to the basics if necessary, to simply care, to feed, house, clothe each other and then resolve and rally to participate fairly and equally as a nation with other nations of 'just humans ' in whatever comes AFTER this crash/coup is finished?

How we act now, as this crash is happening is vital, as NOW is where it is still crashing, still happening, we still have chance and I feel, a responsibility to affect what comes after. We can ignore that, remain in denial or we can work as hard as we ever have to preserve what really matters - our families, our communities, our capacity to come together as a people and to fight to hold onto our capacity legally and socially to affect and make change in our systems and in doing so, preserve our ability to stand for our OWN informed values not be subject to those of the oligarchs.

I actually took a breath last night..sat back to think. I feared for a short moment I was buying into the con again in writing here and elsewhere about just this and was feeling a weight of responsibility in asking people to stand up and act as I have been...I was worried, especially knowing as I do the agitation to anti-government potions is a KEY method of oligarchies 'new war' pogrom - a manipulated tool of their agenda of social engineering.

I had to seriously ask myself: Am I missing something? Am I potentially agitating for actions that could lead to an Australian spring, an Egypt, a Ukraine, a Tunisia?

Then I realized I wasn't anti-government at all. Yes, I am an anarchist in the sense that anarchy for me, means an absence of RULERS, aka oligarchs and monarchies etc...but that does not mean NO RULES. I personally believe government should be simply administrative and people, be mature in handling of their governments and their demands on it. I just firmly believe it has to BE _their_ governments for that to work.

Until this latest election, though only partially since 74 in this country, it _has_ been OUR government, we could change and affect it even half asleep as we were. Now though, that has changed. This last election and the treatment of the last government by the then opposition made it very clear that change has come, that while Australians slept, the thieves in the night came.

I dont know if it is a good thing or a bad thing if we rise up. Yes they may smash us down they may not and keep us in pens awaiting the next round...I dont know. I just know what I am standing for...and why..and right here right now I HAVE to stand up. I really really have to if I want to ever look at myself in the mirror and know I tried.

It is for me, a ' I will not go quietly into THAT good night' kind of thing.

Overly philosophical? Maybe. It is what it is.

I just know, that either we as a nation choose the source, location and nature of our national 'certainty' , right now, or they will.

Broke is one thing..broken is another.

Look at the SOCIETIES of UK USA and Greece...honestly tell me that THAT is what you want for us and I will pack up my soap box and will walk away from this fight. I can accept defeat as this is not about ego..but not until then....I am not going to walk or stop, not until we as a nation of people, get a chance to make that choice _consciously_ for ourselves.

Ro
edit on 15-5-2014 by Rosha because: gremlins

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosha

I'm standing, have not sat, since my mind learned to walk.What do we do ? We RISE !. We delice the sheep and remove societal ticks. I don't follow, I lead.

In short we RISE !

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 13th Zodiac

I'm standing, have not sat, since my mind learned to walk.What do we do ? We RISE !. We delice the sheep and remove societal ticks. I don't follow, I lead.

In short we RISE !

We so do

There's always a silver lining too lol

Header was " Discussions with son $0 Son's political education paid off in full? Priceless."

edit on 16-5-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

If you look at our income averages, our localized cities, quality of life and also consider the fact we have some of the cheapest petrol in the world.. I think there's more than enough room in our incomes. We've had it so good so long when Howard froze the tax level, I think we're being a little selfish here! - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is your real name David Sheppard by any chance perhaps a family member?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I'm all for a spending cutback, but I wil never EVER forgive Tony Abbott for feeding Australian car manufacturing to the wolves. There are many ways the industry could have been saved, the most obvious being a switch to more CKD builds like the holden cruze and dropping the dead horse commodore and falcon to focus on family suvs.

There is no gov spending cutback necessary you are living the fiat currency lie like million of other naive or deliberately lying neo liberal assholes.
All credit is created by 000.1 % interest charges skimmed off the principle of bank or other loans this is how fiat currency works. The cash supply is backed by thin air its shameless neo liberal bankster lie we suffer for nothing. # that turd hocky i hope chokes on his lamb minion and dies.
edit on 23-5-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
first of all do you live in australia ?
if not simply Fk off
if you do your an idiot
i will never pay the $7 to see a doctor
wealth determines your health yeah ? why dont we call it the united states of australia we are almost there
yes tony has alot of work to do and someone has to be the bad guy but if john howard says its a bad budget doesnt that say something
and $7 is spare change now days?
sydney is the 3rd most expensive city on earth and for someone like my mother in law who was just diagnosed with lung cancer you can shove your $7 per visit asshole
civil unrest is coming here to yay

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You and I agree on one thing - tony abbott is a complete bastard. This mentally ill, insanely religious, pompous, rich arsewipe is using this budget to create an even larger rift between rich and poor.

That's all they are doing. They are not doing anything to help the country or the economy - they are rewarding other rich, fat cats and punishing those who they deem to be inferior and they are laughing while they do it.

Their reward - aside from their disgustingly generous pensions - will be a country that hates them so much that they won't be able to show their faces in many, many places around Australia and will be forever the subject of the people's distaste.

If they wanted to really fix the country they might have started looking at all those wealthy private schools they so richly fund, or one of the many more ridiculously over-funded rich people's trappings.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

As to the budget, wait for the labor supporters to start whining about it. They are upset that Abbott stopped the illegals arriving here by boat very quickly, and now the people smugglers know the days of their massive earnings they had under labor's open door, red carpet policy are over. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmm why would they need to be upset when just as many come on planes on something called 457 VISAs most likely on the run with crim records the works but let off the hook because they happen to be in the right crowd or craft.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 74joff
Hmm why would they need to be upset when when just as many come on planes on something called 457 VISAs

They are not illegals like those that come by boat, they have a visa and we know who they are!

Nor do they destroy their documents, unlike the illegals who come by boat.
edit on 23-5-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

More, if you voted liberal...then you have joyfully lept into the arms of the very same people, this site - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just one thing though i agree with most of your post how do you know what ATS stands for they may very well support Austerity.Perhaps you should ask them!.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Shouldnt you be watching sport or CNN sky news on foxtel. Why hang out on this ratbag site since clearly there must be too many alp whingers here

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Why hang out on this ratbag site since clearly there must be too many alp whingers here

Because ALP whiners are so funny, Rudd/Gillard/Rudd refused to stop the illegals coming here by boat, in fact they gave them the red carpet treatment! Abbott and the LNP managed to stop the illegals arriving here by boat very very quickly, and that fact really upsets ALP supporters, as it again just shows how incompetent labor really is, they were even unable to do something like securing our borders.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Another cowboy from north of the nsw border no wonder!
How about your hero Palmer he is actually going to back the alp this time round or is that all just PR for public consumption when behind closed doors he likely shaking hands with Rupert M ,Neuman and Abbott.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Another cowboy from north of the nsw border no wonder!

You are still wrong, actually.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Note; that Hockey increased the debt ceiling late 2013 before the budget which just proves this was all manufactured crisis in preparation for budget.

Note; despite this so called budget emergency millions are still being pumped into pointless search for Malaysian ghost plane MH ..whatever.

Note; Billions but into reserve bank part of fractional reserve cycle

Note; Millions put into RAAF for New Strike Fighters.

Sum total all lies Australians do not need to suffer. Keep up the rage folks i will be!!
edit on 8-6-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Some people in this thread have no compassion for hardships..

I think the people who have compassion in this thread have a very valid argument, the people with no compassion I am wondering what their mental state is. are they crazy or just insane. do they really believe in this government we currently have that has been using a fear mongering campaign run by a news corporation that obviously has a biased opinion to get elected.

Tasmania is screwed, I have seen 800 jobs disappear since liberals have sat down.

Sitetel (call center) - most likely moved off shore to a call center.
Caterpillar (mining vehicle manufacturing) - moved offshore to the Philippines
PSG(electrical contracting)

No jobs in Tasmania no opportunities like my grandfather or father had. We have 500 people going for the same position you are going for.
There is no such thing as full time at retail or grocery stores anymore, its casual work or nothing. Casual work isn't going to convince the bank you will pay off your home as there is no guarantee you will keep getting your hours.

The whole economy is becoming a flop, we will be left defenseless and unskilled.

Thanks to John Howard selling out assets and privatizing them off to get to surplus.
Labour wanted to create assets and jobs so we had a future and fair go. Liberals just want power and self accomplishment of bringing Australia out of something that wasn't bad in the first place.
You can't have a A+ economy with out there being assets that create jobs, that create money, to buy stuff.

As I say we live in a fish tank with gold fish. the gold fish are the ones who forget where they came from.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: amraks
Some people in this thread have no compassion for hardships..

I think the people who have compassion in this thread have a very valid argument, the people with no compassion I am wondering what their mental state is. are they crazy or just insane.

Psychopathy (/saɪˈkɒpəθi/) (or sociopathy /ˈsoʊsiəˌpæθi/) is traditionally defined as a personality disorder characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, diminished empathy and remorse, and disinhibited or bold behavior.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join