It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

amazing video of Tornado in Tupelo Mississippi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Wow this is some incredible security camera footage footage of a tornado going through a playground in Mississippi on April 28th

Its a long video and the real action begins about halfway through.

At first I thought it was a black and white video but then you see the sun come back out and the color is there.

Its basically footage from inside a tornado .

enjoy

edit on 7-5-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
That was a wonderful video sample, makes ya wonder what happened to the folks driving around in the background.

It's odd; the lonely camera made a place that sees so much activity seem so...lonely.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Must have been a strong one , it sucked the color right out of the playground in the first few seconds.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

When I saw the video it started out dark so I thought it was black and white. I did not realize the video I posted started in the light.

But yes it must be strong to suck the color out of everything lol

edit on 7-5-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Great video.

It gets dark when tornadoes are around, so I am guessing the video switched to night mode while it was passing. Then after it left the sun comes back out.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It looks like the slide was one of the safest places on the playground. Good job to the contractors that put that in to stand up to a tornado

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

Makes me wonder if tornadoes are really that destructive or 90% of America is just badly constructed.

To be fair it didnt even pull off the drain pipe or guttering from the building.

edit on 7-5-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Wow.... a little perspective:
Before
After

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

Makes me wonder if tornadoes are really that destructive or 90% of America is just badly constructed.

To be fair it didnt even pull off the drain pipe or guttering from the building.

Tornadoes are really that destructive. They are also very weird they can go through and wipe out a town but leave some houses without a scratch. One thing that is fact is they hate mobile homes and trailer parks they seem to change direction just to hit one.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

Yes it left the gutters but pulled the trees in the background right out of their roots.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yeah i was thinking about that. Maybe they were newly planted tress that had not taken root properly yet. There must have been something a miss as they just fell like dominoes.

link   
Well the place that I would have run for shelter in ended up the worst place to ride it out

Note to self, playgrounds are smarter than tied to a tree

link   
Wait wasn't OZ in Color?

Hmmm I bet the tornado was linked via wormhole/vortex back to Kansas!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
Wait wasn't OZ in Color?

Hmmm I bet the tornado was linked via wormhole/vortex back to Kansas!

LOL , how did i miss that one. Top Marks

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What brand is this camera ? ...I wanna buy one of these ...it`s indestructible !!!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Very, very cool! Thanks for shareing.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Wow wow wow! How scary was that!!! The trees fell like they were toothpicks.

I agree with one of the posters above, the safest place seems to be under a slide.

What concerns me are those cars still driving by when a tornado is approaching....don't people know cars get blown away like toys by tornadoes???

Thanks for sharing!!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

If it were a tube slide, that would be even better! Though could you imagine how loud it would be? And you would have to wedge yourself inside really well I would think....

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CeeRZ

True, you would need to wedge yourself well and hold onto to something.......and be small enough as well, I think that would be one of those times when being a small woman would finally pay off! lol

I love storms, I love the noise of storms but I couldn't imagine how loud it could get during a tornado.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CeeRZ
a reply to: Agartha

If it were a tube slide, that would be even better! Though could you imagine how loud it would be? And you would have to wedge yourself inside really well I would think....

I don't know I would imagine the tornado going over and it doing the drinking straw effect!!! Suck you right out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join