It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family, Friends Of Dead Home Invaders Say “They Didn’t Deserve To Get Killed.”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If it was me ...when they broke in I would confront them with my weapon and tell them hands behind their head if they had made any thret to me or my family....Bang! I forgot to mention if they were armed ,I would not hesitate to shoot.

What you have done?

Family and friends of two teenage boys shot and killed inside a home they had broken into are speaking out.

“They didn’t deserve to get killed,” said the sister of 14-year-old Michael Sambrano.

He and his 16-year-old best friend were shot and killed on Sunday morning by someone inside a home the teens were breaking into. Police won’t say whether it was the elderly homeowner or her brother who shot and killed the teens who had just broken into their home.

bearingarms.com...
edit on 6-5-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

+45 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I too would shoot intruders inside my home. My family doesn't deserve to be raped and/or murdered.

Oh wait, am I supposed to sit down with the intruders for tea and find out what their intentions are after they've broken into my home?? Nope.

+25 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
And the homeowners deserved to have their home broken into? Their feeling of safety and security stolen from them?

I suppose they should have waited to see if the intruders shoot would first instead? It certainly isn't a gamble I would take with myself or my family.

Somehow it's always the victim's fault.
They should have just surrendered their property and left the premises immediately I guess.

While it is sad that someone had to die.... One should really expect that outcome if they are making a living breaking into other people's homes.

+17 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

When you choose the lifestyle of a thief - you know the risks!
Just like when a heroin addict shoots up drugs, they know there is a chance they can die. Well so did these two, it comes with the territory. Unfortunately many home invasions don't end this way, most don't get caught or are even noticed. They became the end result of quantitative statistics.
They knew the risks involved and they should have know better!

As for what I would do, I would order them to leave before I blew off there heads with my shotgun. And yes I would aim for there heads, we all know what happens when they don't die in these situations, sadly.
edit on 5/6/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

......They were such good boys..... I get tired of hearing that after the fact.

Well maybe the parents and family should have been there intervening with those kids WAY before they started breaking into other people's property. Way for the family to try and shift blame.

Those people didn't deserve to get broken into and having to defend themselves.

+21 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I only three choices during a home invasion (running isn't one as I have 3 young daughters).

1 - Allow myself and family to be victims and hope for the best - not at all likely to happen
2 - use my .45 at which point the people breaking in have very little chance of surviving (big holes)
3 - use my 12 gauge and aim low - invaders have a higher chance of survival but will be crippled for life at a minimum

Option one is pretty much out.
Option three opens myself and my family to lawsuits and revenge attacks so it's out too

Option 2 looks like the winner here. It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Here we go with the bloodlust and the salivating and the excuses for killing people again....

....only in America!

edit on 6/5/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The chose to terrorize and victimize and elderly woman, not once, but multiple times. The only ones responsible for their deaths are themselves and their actions. Of course, if the crying parent raised them better, they wouldn't have been breaking into houses.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I too would shoot intruders inside my home. My family doesn't deserve to be raped and/or murdered.

Paranoia....Much.

In 99% of cases were an alarm is set up, the thiefs will run away if triggered, they hate loud sounds, a simple sign "Beware of dog", "Alarm installed" or "enter property at own risk" will make thiefs think twice.

There are so many other ways to protect your self, familie or property than guns, works well in countrys without guns.

+21 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

You're right. Just send out an address and we will be by to pick up all your stuff you are keen to give away

+13 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I need no justification for my actions.

If, or when, my life is threatened, I respond with deadly force. My family will not wait to see if the wanna-be intruder has a heart. There is no remorse from me when threatening the safety of my family or my own life in my home. Period.

I don't care if it was teenagers or professionals.
It is time people learn the consequences of their ridiculously stupid actions. The political idiots are going to draw this out, for their own nefarious agendas. Which is par for this God-forsaken course. Too many people are getting away with crimes like these and worse because no one has the fortitude to protect themselves anymore.

+8 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Yes it's very tragic when anybody dies...and these circumstances are just so needless.

But please don't lose perspective of who is actually the victim, and who is actually the criminal in this case.

Americans are not cold and heartless killers sheesh!

edit on 6-5-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Here we go with the bloodlust and the salivating and the excuses for killing people again....

....only in America!

You are absolutely right!

We need to terrorize and kill more elderly people and then take their stuff!

What's the world coming to when you can't steal and rape an elderly woman without the risk of getting shot!

+21 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

....only in America!

Sorry Kryties, going to add something here.

I'm a Brit living in France.

If anyone even dares to try and enter my home by force then they either get my 3 dogs on them or kneecapped by my 12 bore. (but not killed... I want them to remember their lesson for the rest of their life).

Sorry... not only in America.

ETA : Back in the 80s when i was still in the UK my house was broken into whilst myself and my partner were in watching the tv downstairs.

I went upstairs into the bathroom where the noise was coming from and confronted 2 guys (one armed with a knife and the other with a screwdriver).

Without a thought I nutted (headbutted) the guy with the knife and managed to push the other one downstairs whilst my partner called the police)... One of the guys managed to escape but was caught later on.

Whilst I was still punching the poo out of the other bloke who I had initially disabled, the police arrived and pulled me off the guy who was screaming and crying for help to get me off him... The police just said "don't worry mate... he fell down the stairs"

Even If I don't have a gun, whatever I have available I will use to disable any intruder into my family home.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 6/5/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

+19 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Oh sure, Americans just can't wait to kill people in self defense.

Oh right, it's our fault for getting our home broken into because we didn't happen to have enough theft deterrents. I guess I should put up barbed wire, motion alarms, a moat with alligators, and a pack of rabid doberman's around my property. Shame on me, what was I thinking? Those poor burglars all over the world getting shot because home owners didn't go nuts on home protection! We should start up a charity for them.

+14 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If they were doing this kind of thing at their age, in all probability they weren't going to contribute anything positive to society anyway. It's a waste of a young life, but it was wasted before they were shot IMO.

edit on 61647Tuesdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Well no one DESERVES to die violently, but no one deserves their home to be violated by uninvited guests, to be under threat in their own home, or to be beaten, raped, tortured, or killed in their own home either, but that is the possibility that faces every victim of this type of crime.

These kids might not have deserved a bullet, IF they had not put themselves in a position whereby their behaviour represented a threat to another persons life. Anyone who threatens someone's life, in their own home no less, is asking to get shot, AT BEST, and they, and their idiot families, ought to understand that. There is no legitimate argument that can be made in defence of the deceased parties. Their actions lead to their own deaths. They may as well have shot themselves in the head, or jumped of a bridge, or hung themselves.

If you play on the tracks, eventually you catch the train that kills you. It is not nice, it is not pretty, but it is inevitable. This indignant behaviour on the part of the family may well be understandable, but it is not real. They know what those kids were doing, and what they would have become if they had gotten away with it into adult hood. Everyone does. All they are doing is remembering the positives of those kids, rather than the negatives which got them killed. It must be heart breaking for the family of those boys, but what they will realise in time, if they have any sense, and can exercise it, is that those kids were doing something so wrong, so inherently wrong, that the only end result was violence and death for someone.

I would hope that they recognise that at least this way, they will never have to live with the shame of raising murderers.

+16 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Last year I got a new door mat for my front door, it reads.....Do to the high cost of ammo their will be no warning shot!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Last year I got a new door mat for my front door, it reads.....Do to the high cost of ammo their will be no warning shot!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Oh sure, Americans just can't wait to kill people in self defense.

Oh right, it's our fault for getting our home broken into because we didn't happen to have enough theft deterrents. I guess I should put up barbed wire, motion alarms, a moat with alligators, and a pack of rabid doberman's around my property. Shame on me, what was I thinking? Those poor burglars all over the world getting shot because home owners didn't go nuts on home protection! We should start up a charity for them.

Cause it's very difficult to buy a motion sensor that turns on the light if any unwanted person enters your property.

Your guys excuses are pathetic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join