It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family, Friends Of Dead Home Invaders Say “They Didn’t Deserve To Get Killed.”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Personally, I'd do what I did the last time I caught someone breaking in to my home. I'd take my machete (because we don't have easy access to firearms in my country) and attack them without warning. Why? Because my home is the only "safe" place I have in the entire world and anyone who messes with that and in the process terrifies my bed-bound, disabled wife will get what's coming to them. Don't get me wrong, I'd stop short of murder, but they'd remember me for the rest of their miserable lives.

I'm also curious as to why those children were not better supervised by their guardians? Surely better supervision would have helped to avoid this situation?

Rev

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If somebody wants to act like an unruly dog, my first choice is dog repellent, which works pretty well.

While they are rubbing their eyes, I am getting my gun just in case they don't vacate my space, when they can see again I will give them the opportunity to see themselves out of my space.

Tools are one thing (dog repellent, guns), but the one between your ears is the most important, and that is the one that usually is not used when certain tools are in most people's hands.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: Kryties
anything and everything can be used as a weapon.

You're right, but to most gun owners, the only weapon that matters is a gun.

As a gun owner in the U.S. i find the blood-lust in this thread disturbing. Guns are meant to be a last resort, not the only option. That, and everyone here are trying to put themselves in the shoes of senior citizens. Senior citizens who probably can't aim well and as a result.........accidents happen. Oops.

I can understand the blood-lust ONLY if it's the product of a legal system that is broken. Which it is. I've watched it go downhill for decades now and it's gotten to the point where people feel that their only realistic option is to kill first, ask questions later. Their feelings are justified because the system favors the people who get hurt or killed while in the act of doing something illegal. But most of people here don't seem to have thought this through. They don't care what the legal system says or does anymore. They don't try to go, en masse, to the places where laws are changed and sentences are modified. Instead of working to make changes they would rather pick up their gun and say "Change this!!"

The only way that murder is justified is if there were no other options left at the time. Able bodied Americans who have the money to invest in 4 guns also have the money to invest in a good alarm system, some good dogs a few baseball bats and one firearm that is well known for its accuracy. They have no excuse. If you have an arsenal in your home and nothing more than a deadbolt on your doors, it's obvious to everyone that you would rather kill someone than be safe. And those people could probably give a rats a** what I just said.

Senior citizens are a whole other story. Most are on fixed incomes and can only afford a firearm that is second rate. One where a person is shot in a part of the body that wasn't aimed at. In cases like this, the courts need to tack on an extenuating circumstance to the act of robbery by saying it was worse than normal because the robber picked out an old person. Someone who can't fight back, and use that as a justification for the murder.

If you live in an area where this isn't the case, do you have to in order to change the laws and the sentencing structures. It's easier than you think when you have a lot of learned and pissed off people behind you.

ETA: For the record, I believe the intruders got what they deserved because they had a history of doing it to the same person.
edit on 6-5-2014 by DeepImpactX because: Clarity

+2 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
To all the burglar and home invader sympathizers...

Let me ask you all this-

If you heard strange noises in the middle of the night, you went to investigate and god forbid you found an intruder inside of your daughters bedroom..what would you do? Greet him with some milk and cookies? invite him to sit down for a nice little chat? Call the cops and hide in your bed room hoping he goes away without raping your daughter?

I mean I'm just baffled at all these replies saying how these burglars don't deserve what they got. When someone breaks into your home you don't take any chances and you don't just hope that they leave without harming you.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm perplexed as to why people take these risks. if you want a TV, Xbox. whatever so bad, go steal it from the shop when it's closed. or better still, go out and work for it.

link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

originally posted by: TDawgRex
anything and everything can be used as a weapon.

You're right, but to most gun owners, the only weapon that matters is a gun.

As a gun owner in the U.S. i find the blood-lust in this thread disturbing. Guns are meant to be a last resort, not the only option. That, and everyone here are trying to put themselves in the shoes of senior citizens. Senior citizens who probably can't aim well and as a result.........accidents happen. Oops.

I can understand the blood-lust ONLY if it's the product of a legal system that is broken. Which it is. I've watched it go downhill for decades now and it's gotten to the point where people feel that their only realistic option is to kill first, ask questions later. Their feelings are justified because the system favors the people who get hurt or killed while in the act of doing something illegal. But most of people here don't seem to have thought this through. They don't care what the legal system says or does anymore. They don't try to go, en masse, to the places where laws are changed and sentences are modified. Instead of working to make changes they would rather pick up their gun and say "Change this!!"

The only way that murder is justified is if there were no other options left at the time. Able bodied Americans who have the money to invest in 4 guns also have the money to invest in a good alarm system, some good dogs a few baseball bats and one firearm that is well known for its accuracy. They have no excuse. If you have an arsenal in your home and nothing more than a deadbolt on your doors, it's obvious to everyone that you would rather kill someone than be safe. And those people could probably give a rats a** what I just said.

Senior citizens are a whole other story. Most are on fixed incomes and can only afford a firearm that is second rate. One where a person is shot in a part of the body that wasn't aimed at. In cases like this, the courts need to tack on an extenuating circumstance to the act of robbery by saying it was worse than normal because the robber picked out an old person. Someone who can't fight back, and use that as a justification for the murder.

If you live in an area where this isn't the case, do you have to in order to change the laws and the sentencing structures. It's easier than you think when you have a lot of learned and pissed off people behind you.

ETA: For the record, I believe the intruders got what they deserved because they had a history of doing it to the same person.

By the time you got close enough to swing away at them with your baseball bat, they would have already emptied a whole clip on you.

link   
@ times it appears the less peaceful side of some can be engaged thru certain malice associated activities. Internally many know how they truly feel.
In this day and age its logical that many protect themselves and those they care for.
The soul integrity to 1 comes into focus when quickly evaluating a scenario such as this B/E where misdirected youth lost their lives trying to steal, and the response (level) demonstrated…

The lower vibrative state present within (that area where some can be good or not) @ times can overtake the higher vibrative states when engaging in these acts where life is/was taken.

Ex- some soldiers kill or maim because they have to protect/guard
-
and some kill maim because they feel the opportunity exist and know or feel no persecution will occur

Yes the laws of the land were broken by these two individuals for their thieving attempt, but now what some must ask is how was the response viewed from a higher perspective observing the entire situation… further where there any unperceived RULES broken elsewhere that may require answering for, in relation to the level of response demonstrated?

If you try for less aggressive warning or disabling responses which lead to death you tried which may be acknowledged in EXISTENCE elsewhere…

If immediately seeking to send some outside their flesh with direct death responses because the feeling is they violated you or that you were protecting yourself, did you try or consider when making that quick decision on another the long term RULES potentially violated in relation to Soul sending & flesh taking?

1 knows that many carry their beliefs on gun control and ownership of them & so remain neutral and am not placing judgments (for accurate quick decision making) is not always an easy procedure for some. What 1 is doing is just sharing some sparks of LIGHT upon any consciously who may potentially encounter the need to make accurate quick decisions where life is involved. In hope that their SOUL integrity has opportunity to remain intact…

+3 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I cannot say how happy I am for you and I do mean that in all honesty.

I live in a country where I have more friends that are rape victims than are college graduates.
I live in a country where I have more friends that have been killed than have 100K+ jobs.
I live in a country where criminals have more rights than victims.

You have all the reason in the world to feel as you do about less than lethal means, just as I have all the reason in the world to be armed. It's called life experience friend and it varies person to person.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Thankfully here in the UK if you did murder someone for breaking and entering then you will rightly be sent to jail for a very long time. Do people not have any respect any longer for human life?
Yes the person breaking in is criminal and deserves punishment for their crimes but is death really a justified reaction to a property intrusion? Not in my book & thankfully we live in a society where corporal punishment is frowned upon.

to all the people who are shoot 1st ask questions later, why not give the person a warning before going all gun happy? You have 10 seconds to get off my property or bullets will start flying, if no compliance then do whatever means to remove the person from your property but don't just shoot and hope for the best.

I respect all life and there is always another option other than murdering someone.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
To all the burglar and home invader sympathizers...

Let me ask you all this-

If you heard strange noises in the middle of the night, you went to investigate and god forbid you found an intruder inside of your daughters bedroom..what would you do? Greet him with some milk and cookies? invite him to sit down for a nice little chat? Call the cops and hide in your bed room hoping he goes away without raping your daughter?

I mean I'm just baffled at all these replies saying how these burglars don't deserve what they got. When someone breaks into your home you don't take any chances and you don't just hope that they leave without harming you.

But if you could prevent people from breaking in to your home in the first place, the daughters wouldn't get raped and very young people who havn't learned to play by the rules wouldn't get killed, there is the issue or actually the issue is the broken society but thats a completly different topic.

It's really getting borring to disscus with deaf people, every one have a good one...i'm out

edit on 6-5-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

No that's what your paranoid gun obsessed mind THINKS would happen because you are all so # scared of each other, someone only needs to say boo & yanks start shooting.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Its plain and simple.. if you break into someone's house .. you are posing a direct threat to that family ..anyone with good intentions would knock on the door ..!

Like Clint Eastwood said .. 'deserves got nothing to do with it!" ..

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
dbl post.
edit on 6-5-2014 by mclarenmp4 because: Double Post

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

Now just take it and twist it around to relate it to addiction, ignorance and greed, and it is pretty easy to see how one could justify the risk of invading another's space.

Sorry about not seeming to be on topic, but there are much deeper and little acknowledged forces at work here, and always have been.

Do you actually think those kids gave any thought to their mortality or anyone else's, or even cared either way?.

Another problem is that we are so isolated from the gory reality of our existence....

We're just so busy rushing headlong, full steam to our death.

Imminent, Unavoidable Demise....

Meaningless.

link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

Those two teens were not murdered.

They were killed.

There is a difference.

link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

Thankfully here in the UK if you did murder someone for breaking and entering then you will rightly be sent to jail for a very long time.

nope

As long as I dont shoot a bolt in them as they run away I have right to self defense.

Do people not have any respect any longer for human life?

Yes respect for my own and Im not risking some little thug stabbing me in a home invasion.

Yes the person breaking in is criminal and deserves punishment for their crimes but is death really a justified reaction to a property intrusion?

It dark, im frightened and its heat of the moment how am I to determine if a home intruder is armed and willing to hurt me? If he/she run fair enough if they don't? Better them than me.

Not in my book & thankfully we live in a society where corporal punishment is frowned upon.

Luckily self defense isnt!

to all the people who are shoot 1st ask questions later, why not give the person a warning before going all gun happy?

Never said they I wouldn't. Unless they are clearly holding a weapons then better I fire or stab first!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I would much prefer to just live and let live. I have things in place that hopefully prevent me from being put into the situation that the people in this story were in.

But if the circumstances are such that it comes down to them or me, I want the ability( and have it ) to make sure it's them.

I have no interest in ever harming anyone. Unfortunately, not everyone sees things that way.

Your mindset is one of a law abiding person that wishes no harm come to anyone and I am pretty much the same way. Criminals on the other hand, don't generally think that way.
edit on 6-5-2014 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

And that my friend is exactly why America is NOT the greatest country in the world but low on the list of civilised countries.
You can't take care of your sick, your poor or your veterans and you are so blighted by violence that the only solution to violence is more violence. The fact that you have more people in prison per head of population than anywhere else in the world should tell you that your country is broken.
Land of the free? lol.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

If you heard strange noises in the middle of the night, you went to investigate and god forbid you found an intruder inside of your daughters bedroom..what would you do? Greet him with some milk and cookies? invite him to sit down for a nice little chat?

Stop sensationalising and putting words into our mouths that we haven't even remotely said.

You must have missed my post pointing this out....

...here it is again for the dummies:

originally posted by: Kryties

I have absolutely no problem with this, I have always said warning shots or shots to non-lethal parts of the body are more than sufficient if you have to shoot.

This is generally ignored though by people who sensationalise what I mean and try to make out like I would sit the intruder down and offer him a cup of tea.

Well done on proving my point

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

a reply to: muse7

No that's what your paranoid gun obsessed mind THINKS would happen because you are all so # scared of each other, someone only needs to say boo & yanks start shooting.

Really? Do you have any stats to back up that statement? I'm sure that if you did any cursory research, you'll find more people are murdered by criminals, than criminals killed by law-abiding responsible citizens.

But people with your mindset just want to punish law-abiding citizens, trample their rights and tell them how to live, because that is so much easier than actually punishing criminals. Because after all, responsible law abiding citizens...you know, actually obey the law.

When in reality all that is being done is turning law abiding citizens into criminals at a stroke of a pen.

Criminals are NEVER the victim in my opinion and I have no sympathy for these two.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join