It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are they doing to pregnant Women & their unborn children???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I used to work in an Ante-Natal department in Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London!!!

Now at roughly 10weeks the ladies are asked to take a Glucose test, a diabetes check mainly!!!
Now to take the test they are also asked to drink a bottle of Lucozade!!!
Not just a couple of sips... Pretty much down to the barcode at the bottom of the label!!!

This is a GlaxoSmithKline product, that clearly states on the bottle "Not Suitable For Children"...

It gets worse...

One day I asked a lady to take the bottle as they wanted her to take the test...
"I'm not drinking that!!!" She replied!!!
"I'm sorry, it's necessary, I've been asked to give this to you for a Glucose test!!!"
"I'm not drinking that, I work for GSK, I know what they put in it!!!"

Turns out there is another syrupy supplement that is just as good for the Glucose test, I hadn't been told this previously or I would have recommended over Lucozade all day!!!
But it also turned out that we had a cupboard about 4feet deep, 7 feet wide, and 10feet high full of Lucozade to shove down these poor unsuspecting ladies throats!!!

Needless to say I started telling people to use the other option, it didn't go down well, but morally I could hold my head up and know I was doing the right thing!!!

So what are they doing to these Ladies & their children... Whatever it is, it's disgusting!!!

This is just one of many things the NHS is deplorable for, I saw a lot of messed up #it, I'll probably share it all eventually!!!

"I work for GlaxoSmithKline, I know what they put in it!!!", I remember these words everyday!!!

And then I see this today...
Wouldn't be surprised if it played a part in this shocking news story!!! UK child mortality rate highest in Western Europe!!!
As well as not being surprised if GSK plays a part, I wonder if I played a part by not finding out the alternative sooner!!!

Hopefully I can now do my bit and warn the Ladies before they're told to take a Glucose test, sorry it took so long!!!

Peace everybody!!!
edit on 5-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I was offered it too, the midwives keep a supply for birthing mothers at the unit I gave birth in.
I don't think you've played a part in the mortality rates of babies, Charlie. One drink of Lucozade won't do much damage and the placenta is designed to keep low level toxins ie one drink out of the babies' systems.

Now you know about the other option you can promote it to mothers, but as you saw for yourself a lot of mothers to be are pretty good at saying 'no' for themselves!
edit on 5-5-2014 by beansidhe because: Apostrophe

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
This is a GlaxoSmithKline product, that clearly states on the bottle "Not Suitable For Children"...

Strictly speaking,fetus isn't children .

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Thank you for the reassuring words beans!!!

Sadly I no longer work there, so all I can do is share my story here and hope that future parents read this and decide to choose the alternative!

I see it may have seemed sensationalised, especially when you mention drink limits!

Peace Beans!!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

That's the mammy in me, Charlie, lol!

It's a good point you raise and a superb rant so S&F

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: candlestick
Strictly speaking,fetus isn't children .

Strictly speaking, oh yes it is! He or she ingests whatever the mother ingests.
The unborn child is alive and whatever chemicals the mother takes will effect the child.

This is a major story and should be on the main conspiracy boards, imho.
Thanks to the OP for bringing it to our attention.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
. One drink of Lucozade won't do much damage and the placenta is designed to keep low level toxins ie one drink out of the babies' systems.

But he didn't say 1 drink.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

He did. One drink, down to the barcode on one occasion, once for the purposes of a glucose check.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
We have to do that here and I've done that for 5 pregnancies.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Eeeewwww!!! Just thinking about that stuff makes me shudder.

I'm 20 weeks along right now. This is my third, so I remember that test week from my first two pregnancies. Thick, orange, sweet and nasty stuff.

I'm surprised that women in the UK have to take the test at 10 weeks. That seems really early. I mean, gestational diabetes doesn't usually show up until at least the second trimester, right? So do they have to take the test again later in the pregnancy? Plus, I cannot IMAGINE having to drink that stuff at 10 weeks when one is still in the midst of morning sickness. It would be impossible (for me) to not throw it up.

Your post has really gotten me thinking, though. I wonder if I can decline taking the GTT test this time around. I've never had gestational diabetes. My last fasting blood sugar was about 80 (which is good). I don't have any risk factors that I'm aware of for diabetes.

I'm not sure when I'm supposed to do the GTT, but I know it is coming up in the next month or so. Maybe I should see if I can get out of it... seems pointless. Why ingest something so nasty unless there is a reasonable risk that you have GD? OF course, with this baby I've crossed that magical threshold (age 35) and am now labeled "advanced maternal age".... so they want to test me like crazy. I'm sure my doctors will say that is the reason I must do the GTT test.

Excellent rant - thanks for the post!

(PS - Sorry if this post repeats... I'm having trouble with a time-out error.)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

I'm surprised that women in the UK have to take the test at 10 weeks. That seems really early.

Well this is going back to 2011 and 10w was a rough estimation, my memory has never been too good though!!!

If I remember correctly some, but not all of the Ladies did take the test 2 or 3 times over the 42w average!!!
Probably precautionary measures...
But I always thought a simple blood test would be able to trace anything without ingesting anything!!!

Thanks for the kind words, & congratulations

Peace Veg!!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Would you recommend putting aluminum phosphate directly into the blood stream of pregnant women? Forget about ingesting things, I'm talking about injecting it with the sole purpose of bypassing the liver and kidneys and putting this highly bio-reactive agent directly into all the organs including the brain.

No you say? How about if I tell you it's only 125-250mcg per dose? Ready to jump in? How many doses would you like your fetus to have?

Prevnar
Hep B
Hep A
MMRII

Make educated decisions. Read the vaccine package inserts.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I had my daughter at Chelsea and Westminster hospital!! In fact, I used to live just across Battersea Bridge.

I had that test then, with Lucozade and it turned out I had gestational diabetes.
That was the only bottle of Lucozade I ever had in my whole life as I find the drink disgusting.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

It's a small world

I'm from Fulham

It's not the nicest drink...
I will admit to opening the cupboard when I was a little too broke for a fizzy drink at lunch though

Peace Agartha!!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Very small world indeed!! My daughter was born in 2004, did you used to work there then? Maybe we've met!

I spent lots of time in Fulham, cinema mostly and my son is a Chelsea fan! lol

Peace to you, Charlie.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

No sadly, I had a few jobs there but not until 2006!

Word of advice, get copies of all medical notes you have there...
I worked in Medical Records as well, and if they're not going missing, the notes aren't treated too kindly!!!

That's for another thread soon though!

Good old Chels \o/
He chose wisely

Peace Agartha!!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Remember this test with both my children, but when I took the test it was done at about 26 weeks and I live in the UK!

MY last was in 2006, so wonder when they decided to make womedn take the test at n earlier stage?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

26 weeks rings a massive bell now, thanks Solar!!!

I had said after in another response it was a poor estimation!!!

Peace Solar!!!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Can I just mention that the test isn't given to every single pregnant woman. It depends on risk factors. Those with a high BMI or previous GD would be offered it. Other wise it's only offered if a urine/blood test shows signs that may indicate GD. And no offense but I highly doubt it would be offered at 10 weeks as the pregnancy is not classed as viable until confirmed by a 12wks scan. Most midwives won't even see you for a booking in appointment until at least 10 weeks and the Nhs is not that speedy at arranging appointments, lol.
I had one done in my last pregnancy and I had to drink half a small cup of syrupy lemon drink. So it's not general Nhs practice to force lucozade upon pregnant women, it's only certain areas that use lucozade for their tests.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Another bad thing about this is most pregnant women don't even NEED such a test. So they are not only telling them to drink something unsafe, they are doing it for a reason that isn't valid. Nice of you to stand up and tell the facts to the ones you can!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join