It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are they doing to pregnant Women & their unborn children???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
My pregnant wife had to drink something similar to this recently at a glucose test.

Her dad has adult onset diabetes and because of that, the clinic made her do this 3 (possibly 4) hour glucose test with fasting and all sorts of crap. There was a high sugar drink involved but i'm not sure what it was.

Thankfully, my wife doesn't drink any soft drinks or sugary drinks so little miss baby doesn't start going crazy inside her haha.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: christmaspig
Can I just mention that the test isn't given to every single pregnant woman. It depends on risk factors. Those with a high BMI or previous GD would be offered it. Other wise it's only offered if a urine/blood test shows signs that may indicate GD. And no offense but I highly doubt it would be offered at 10 weeks as the pregnancy is not classed as viable until confirmed by a 12wks scan. Most midwives won't even see you for a booking in appointment until at least 10 weeks and the Nhs is not that speedy at arranging appointments, lol.
I had one done in my last pregnancy and I had to drink half a small cup of syrupy lemon drink. So it's not general Nhs practice to force lucozade upon pregnant women, it's only certain areas that use lucozade for their tests.

Things are done quite different in the U.S. I see. In a divorce if you waited until 10 weeks to see a dr. but knew at 5 weeks, they will try and use that against you. Sonagrams are done at roughly 17 weeks. And every one has to drink the drink. Even a 6 month pregnant woman who is 5'5" and 110 and wearing size 6 jeans with room to spare.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
baby box design changed cdn-ugc.mamaslatinas.com... appointment previous samlib.ru...

<< 1   >>

join