It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamster Sized Deer Threatened by Deforestation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Darn, I am going to have to get a smaller deer rifle. The 30-30 or 300 savage will totally destroy that deer, I won't even get a meal for the cat out of it. What a waste, twenty bucks for a deer license and you need to use a bb gun and maybe can get a small pot of soup out of it...

Ha ha! That's what I was gonna say!

Cute little fellers.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
OMG it's soooo cute!!!! I've never seen such an animal before. Mother Earth is not pleased by the way how we've been treating this planet, killing her babies, taking away their homes. Why can't we just get our ish together and stop hurting this planet.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
We have white footed mice around here in the woods. When I built the house they moved in. This animal eats nuts and seeds and berries, it is not considered a pest. They look like the pet mice you get at the store. They like to play and aren't afraid of us. They do carry the deer tick though, something of a little concern.

Now we didn't want these mice in the house, they like to build nests out of stuff like all mice do. They are vegetarians though, they aren't like voles. I had to chase them out through the basement window. When I used a stick to steer them to the window, the wife opened it. They waited till all three of them were out there, we tapped on the window to chase the ones outside away from the window so we could open it and leave the next one out. The wife and I were happy, we got them all out and they ran away. Pretty soon we saw all three running along the sill plate, they wanted to do it again. Our smiles turned to frowns. I had to get the trap out, they liked peanut butter, peanut butter killed them.

I don't mind the mice but they need to stay outside or in one of our outbuildings. They can't understand that though, this was the place where their ancestors always lived, we just built them a nice home in their minds and were playing games with them. We felt bad, but we got over it. Neither my wife or I will ever forget that day though.

These mice sing, I have heard them quite a few times. I told my stepfather about them singing when he and my mother stayed in our camper, he didn't believe me until one came out of the stove top and was singing on the stove. He put on some gloves and picked it up and tossed it outside, not hurting it much. He said that he didn't like the singing when he was trying to sleep. He had bad hearing, but he could hear that mouse. My stepfather and mother have forgotten about that now though, since they both have died.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ishum

Oh deer, Did you see that he licks his his eyes instead of blinking them? That tongue is so long , think this one eats insects or ants? cute animal

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
OMG I want one! I shall call him Louis!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Mother nature is, quite simply, the most wonderful thing! Cool find sir!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Ricky, I am not sure how to respond to your post.....? Lol

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

I got a little carried away with an off topic post. Sorry about that.
edit on 4-5-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

originally posted by: DietJoke

Wow!

I found a short legged version of one of those on Mars not long ago. It eats rocks (and spits out the sediment).

I appreciate your comment Aleister, but gosh, it would have been hilarious if Arken had made that same comment!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm failrly certain "hamster sized deer" are threatened by everything.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It just looks so fake. ( I know it's not)

But super cute.

The legs look weird for something so small.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: esteay812

originally posted by: Aleister

originally posted by: DietJoke

Wow!

I found a short legged version of one of those on Mars not long ago. It eats rocks (and spits out the sediment).

I appreciate your comment Aleister, but gosh, it would have been hilarious if Arken had made that same comment!

He could have, except for the first two words.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Darn, I am going to have to get a smaller deer rifle. The 30-30 or 300 savage will totally destroy that deer, I won't even get a meal for the cat out of it. What a waste, twenty bucks for a deer license and you need to use a bb gun and maybe can get a small pot of soup out of it...

Joke or no joke .. thats the most cowardly attitude I ever heard .. already thinking of killing innocent creatures for no reason ..

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Your concern has been noted.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: junglimogli

Joke or no joke .. thats the most cowardly attitude I ever heard .. already thinking of killing innocent creatures for no reason ..

What do you mean about no reason. We have to eat anyway, this is just about what we eat.

I like plants too much to eat them, I'd rather help protect them by eating herbivores. It is all a matter of opinion.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: junglimogli

What do you mean about no reason. We have to eat anyway, this is just about what we eat.

I like plants too much to eat them, I'd rather help protect them by eating herbivores. It is all a matter of opinion.

Are you so hungry that you have to find the first new species and think of what caliber gun you need to kill it ..and then eat it's dead body .. ya thats brave alright ..

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I can't tell if I think they are cute or the result of some bizarre experiment. I'm sure they are natural, they just don't look it.

I'm curious and creeped out all at once. Well done.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Lol, i felt the same way when i saw the critters.
a reply to: MrConspiracy

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
a reply to: ishum
Thanks for the video!
I don't know how those little stick legs support them.

That was my question they look like matchsticks.lol,
Now everyone is going to want one as a pet.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
Okay, that is officially the cutest thing I've seen in quite awhile. I vaguely recall hearing about these being found, years back in Cambodia or Laos..but they are just adorable.

This tiny baby Mouse Deer was born on Valentines Day at the Berlin Zoo. It fits perfectly into a man's hand. These shy animals are actually are the smallest hoofed mammals in the world, and are members of the animal family that includes pigs, antelopes, sheep, goats, and hippos! This baby will grow to a maximum weight of only about 5 pounds (2.5 kg) in adulthood, and its legs will be no bigger than the circumference of a pencil!
Source

Kind of a critter out of time or something for being so unique that way. At least I'd think so.. Nature is full of wonders.

img.xcitefun.net...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join