It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Bundyfest’: Burning Man organizer plans 30 days of anarchy next to Cliven’s ranch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
At first glance, I thought they were organizing in support of the Bundy's.

Nope.

The event appears to blatantly mock the defiant rancher, who has engaged in a long-term battle with the Bureau of Land Management over unpaid federal grazing fees.

“Nothing that happened in Nevada — from anybody on either side — merits pulling someone’s leg off … Get a grip, folks. It’s about some cranky old dude and some cows in the middle of a barren desert. And the rule of law.”

Am I the only one that feels what they are saying is in contradiction with what/why they are doing it?

30-days rules free anarchy.

How could they get a permit, unless TPTB.... well, you know.

Link to WA Times article

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Here's the facebook page.

Bundyfest Facebook page

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It won't last long, the BLM will be there and will murder everybody and put them in mass graves because somebody stepped on a turtle.

You can't fix stupid man.. you just can't.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
It won't last long, the BLM will be there and will murder everybody and put them in mass graves because somebody stepped on a turtle.

You can't fix stupid man.. you just can't.

Yep...they'll be making turtle soup as a menu item in their anarchy...

This is just plain dumb...it's like the Westborough church freaks latching onto a funeral for their 15 mins of fame.

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I agree, Des and eXia7.

It seems so misguided to me- anarchy against the system they will embrace for 30 days.

I want to see the permits. Thousands of "anarchists" tromping on protected land unable to sustain cattle grazing?

This kind of bs makes me feel all hope is slipping!
edit on 22-4-2014 by raedar because: typooooo

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

I agree, Des and eXia7.

It seems so misguided to me- anarchy against the system they will embrace for 30 days.

I want to see the permits. Thousands of "anarchists" tromping on protected land unable to sustain cattle grazing?

This kind of bs makes me feel all hope is slipping!

But, they have rights! it's public land, so they will say they have a right to be there... hey... wait a minute...
edit on 4/22/2014 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I've been to burning man five times and live the philosophy year round yet this doesn't feel or sound right. Will be keeping an eye on this, ahem, stupidity.

It is stupid because they threaten their own BLM permits and continued existence.
edit on 22-4-2014 by igloo because: Added why

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

It's nothing like the Westboro baptist church and you know it.

I can smell the hypocrisy oozing from this thread already.

Hundreds of right wing Bundy supporters show up, it's "right on guys, you rock, freedom of speech!!"

When the lefties do it, it's "dumb" and gets compared to WBT.

So much for freedom of speech huh?

Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Oh that's going to go down well. Just read the Raw Story and listened to the youtube invite for it and golly, what could possibly go wrong? I can't even support this one iota because, honestly, I can envision a huge mess of the land afterwards through litter, human waste and more.

There are freaking idiots of every stripe and this guy? He's a freaking idiot.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If there is a confrontation... The feds/law enforcement may have to intervene.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

It's nothing like the Westboro baptist church and you know it.

I can smell the hypocrisy oozing from this thread already.

Hundreds of right wing Bundy supporters show up, it's "right on guys, you rock, freedom of speech!!"

When the lefties do it, it's "dumb" and gets compared to WBT.

So much for freedom of speech huh?

Pathetic.

Yeah there is clearly a freedom of speech, sure let them say what they must.. But there really shouldn't be a freedom of stupid.. just saying.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Little question please...

Is there anything sacred anymore for the average american ?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

I was a musician until I woke up. Once I was jarred from my complacency and could see the industry for what it was, I haven't had the desire to tap back in to any of it. And the honesty I speak now has separated me from many of those "friends". I recorded 3 albums, went on a few small tours, blah blah blah. Maybe I'll apply as a musician and crash their dang party with a more "appropriate" repertoire none will suspect until it hits them.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9
Little question please...

Is there anything sacred anymore for the average american ?

Some. Family and home. But mostly I see/think, no.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Won't be a litter and human waste problem, in my opinion, because burningman yearly permits require scrupulous cleanups to the point of walking grids to pick up garbage. These people are responsible to that end.

Damage to the land possibly.
edit on 22-4-2014 by igloo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Is this moron trying to start a civil war? , it really sounds fishy .. guess this guy missed the whole point behind Bundy's stance . I really feel like I want to personally kick this dudes ass if he pulls off this stunt ...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Just wanted to add that one year at burningman I met a cattle wrangler from the local area at the event. He had seen the lights and heard the music from up the mountains with the cattle and decided to check it out.

He was loving it and said he be attending again. Real cool guy, must have been in his late fifties. Can't judge a book by its cover.

Random and off topic but what I wanted to point out is that burningman is supported by a portion of the locals so it will be interesting.
edit on 22-4-2014 by igloo because: Wasn't finished

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Oh Boo Hoo...so you didn't like my comparison....

They will make a huge mess of the land. You'd welcome grazing cattle compared to the crap they leave behind.

I expect you'll be dancing to the drums in the moonlight with them..no?

Burning-Man-Nevadas-experiment-desert-popular-Nearly-70-000-gather-weekend-debauchery.

Not an ancient civilization but an aerial view of the Burning Man 2013 arts and music festival which as attracted 68,000 people from all over the world

Yep...great for the turtles....

www.dailymail.co.uk... 7a

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Is this moron trying to start a civil war?

And you don't you think all the right wing guerilla groups that showed support flashing their weapons in support for Bundy could've started a civil war ?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

It would have only taken one gunshot. Doesn't matter where it came from, or which side.

It got that close. Thankfully it didn't happen.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join