It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MANY People Vanishing Into Thin Air! WHAT'S HAPPENING???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN
The only thing there about a large number of people disappearing in a relatively small area within a particular time frame would be the group of miners.
Got any details on that one? Avalanche? Anything?
edit on 4/21/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wookiep

I didn't imply you can't, it was just a question because it seems you know what happened to all the missing people. Discuss away.

Sure. As soon as you tell me where I implied that I know what happened to all the missing people.

I'm only going based on your posts which so far have implied you believe either the people were eaten by animals, or they got lost and wandered around in circles. (although on that, you didn't exactly imply how they died).

Although those things do indeed happen, this is where the mysterious and the mundane collide. You're missing the part where those things were ruled out in the cases mentioned in the OP.
edit on 21-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: wishes

There are sometimes evidence by family or friends who saw them seconds before they disappeared. There is evidence their body was not found. There is evidence there was no animal attack. There is evidence they re-appeared in a place that had previously been searched multiple times.

1 - Evidence. Sort of. But no evidence of how the disappearance occurred. There have been cases of children been abducted within moments.

2 - No evidence of anything

3 - No evidence of anything

4 - Evidence. People are known to wander in circles when lost.

Evidence is not 'sort of', it's definite. Evidence can by eye witness, circumstantial, illustrative, demonstrative, real, corroborated. Repeating there's no evidence of anything doesn't make your point, it just means you're looking for 'fill'. lol. Yes, there is no evidence of 'how' the disappearances occurred. That's the whole point of his investigations.

And yes, people are known to wander in circles when they get lost - and they get found by the people looking for them or the search rescue. Many are children with families within yards of their disappearing and they get looked for immediately. It's fine if you want to just pooh pooh each and every case - at least read them or listen to his interviews so you can say why it's pooh pooh...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

paraphrase/transcript from this link--story about Katie:

www.youtube.com...

about 12:00 minutes in

1868 . . . in Mich . . . her dad ran a lumber camp . . .

she rode down the hill many many times when the horses hauled the lumber/logs down the hill.

Dad went back up to the top of the hill . . . Katie was not there. A couple of hunters happen by and they all start looking for Katie . . .

3 year old daughter Katie . . .

As they're searching . . . they hear what was described as a "feeble cry" . . .

inside dense, dense brush, miles from where they were . . . as they walk up on where the cry was coming from, they see what looked like a huge bear.

As they approached, the 'bear' looking creature jumped into the river nearby and "fly through the river and disappear."

Mr Flynn asked Katie "When we were calling you, why wouldn't you come back to us?

Katie "It wouldn't let me."

Flynn: "What you you mean it wouldn't let you?"

Katie "Mr Wolf wouldn't let me."

Flynn: What do you mean Mr Wolf wouldn't let you? What happened to your hat?

Katie: The Wolf ate it.

Flynn: What do you mean the wolf ate it?

Katie: He took it off my head and ate it in front of me.

Flynn: Did you get anything to eat?

Katie: Yeah. The Wolf got some berries for me and put them in it's paw and handed them to me.

[Flynn was a smart guy and realized a wolf couldn't hold berries in its hand. But she was pretty adamant that it was a wolf. . . .

This goes on . . . and there's a couple of different stories over the years that don't wonder from that type of story.

. . . pretty convincing that the story probably happened pretty close to how Katie described that . . . "a big dog came and took me in his arms and walked away with me." . . . laid down with me and kept me warm.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I'm only going based on your posts which so far have implied you believe either the people were eaten by animals, or they got lost and wandered around in circles. (although on that, you didn't exactly imply how they died).
I've said those are possibilities.

You're missing the part where those things were ruled out in the cases mentioned in the OP.
How do you rule out a search simply failing to find anything? The woods are deep. Sometimes remains are found a very long time after the disappearance.

edit on 4/21/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Yosemite is one area where there's a lot of missing persons [that fit his criteria]

. . . tells another dramatic case from Yosemite at the above link.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

In many such cases, there were many dozens . . . sometimes 100's of searchers . . . almost, in many cases . . . combing near shoulder to shoulder.

And in many cases . . . the child or their body will show up on a trail that has been searched by many people up to 50 times--and the child was NOT in that spot for hours before . . . and suddenly it's there.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Yosemite is a place where a lot of people who have no business being out in the wilderness go out in the wilderness. It's also quite big, 1500 square miles or so.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

And in many cases
How many?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

How do you rule out a search simply failing to find anything? The woods are deep. Sometimes remains are found a very long time after the disappearance.

I can't rule anything out entirely. I can however believe that in most cases, experienced individuals are involved in the searches and know exactly what to look for and exactly how to perform a search until all available resources are exhausted. I don't rule out a failed search, but I tend to not believe they are as common as you might think. With such pros out there doing their jobs, I think there is more to it. I'm not jumping to UFOS, but I am jumping to the possibilities that there are reasons we may not understand.

I do also tend to take the word of those who have investigated matters like this for years. The ex LEO is an example of such a fella, but these types of phenomenon are not limited to this one guy who investigates them. Cases like this have been reported on for a very long time. I know there are many more threads on ATS about the subject.
edit on 22-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Yosemite is one area where there's a lot of missing persons [that fit his criteria]

. . . tells another dramatic case from Yosemite at the above link.

I find his books and documented cases totally fascinating! I've spent a lot of time alone deep in the forests (I'm in British Columbia) and used to only worry about bears and sasquatch... He hasn't documented all the missing cases because he's an army of one - but it seems any area he looks into has people who have disappeared mysteriously but also they seem to cluster geographically like Yosemite and 3 Sisters, etc.

I can look up a certain area if someone is interested.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I didn't make notes on such stats and I don't recall how many such cases fit that description.

Please listen to the interviews or read the book. If you have a Kindle and it's available on Kindle, I'll send it to you.

Heading to bed shortly.

Thanks for the dialogue. For some ?perverse? reason . . . I enjoy you. LOL.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Perhaps you'd like to explain how bloodhounds can follow their scent to a point then the scent completely 'stops'? And no, getting picked up by a bear would not stop a scent trail.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

There was a specific case where these 2 little girls traveled something like 70miles over a 2 day period in bad weather and harsh evvironment in the early 1800s I believe. One child was found the other not and she couldn't remember what happened to her or how she possibly walked so far. There was also a little baby in the south found high up a mountain side wrapped in her blanket, pinned up in a tree where it took trained SAR personelle a long time to reach and yet found no tracks or traces of anyone else or any climbing gear. I've read his 3 missing 411 books and all his cases are backed up by news paper for the older ones and official reports for newer ones. How could a little child scale 2 mountain ranges that were so rugged the best SAR ppl in the world can't continue to tract? And outpace them! By the way for the ladder they found the kid dead behind a boulder from exhaustion NOT death from a predator. It's just creepy. Oh and to whoever said he was just doing it for money he is very respectful about the cases where relatives are still around, he asks for permission. I think he honestly wants to figure out the mystery. I would do the same and if I made a little money so what? I'm helping bring awareness to others and to solve the mystery. Wouldn't you want answers and information? Obviously the gov doesn't even care to make a list of these missing ppl.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I can't rule anything out entirely. I can however believe that in most cases, experienced individuals are involved in the searches and know exactly what to look for and exactly how to perform a search until all available resources are exhausted.
Yes. And sometimes this happens:

PCSO told the ABC15 Investigators they expended 800 hours of manpower looking for the missing climber.

But Pinal County's search was unsuccessful.

www.abc15.com...
A body was later recovered.

I know there are many more threads on ATS about the subject.
I too am aware of that. There are also many threads about Nibiru. Doesn't really indicate much.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

All valid points about National Parks as well as the documented stories of human trafficking. Still I have a hard time getting my mind around that many kidnappings. Not saying it can't happen but it's a bit of a stretch for me.

Now lost people in the forests that's much easier to believe. Adding in some of the known bad folks with illegal operations, etc who are out there much of the time we start coming up with a more plausible scenario for the disappearances. Add on people who want to disappear (whether the author buys it or not) I believe we're coming up with some believable possibilities.

Thousands kidnapped by Bigfoot and aliens.. ?? Not so much.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Perhaps you'd like to explain how bloodhounds can follow their scent to a point then the scent completely 'stops'?

It happens. Like this case:

Bloodhounds picked up Jack and Cendoya's scents early Monday and again late Monday night, officials said. Tuesday afternoon, rescuers combed through a 2-mile arc from the hikers' car, focusing efforts on where the dogs last found the scents.
articles.latimes.com...

In this case, they were found. But not by dogs.

Last March, Cendoya and his friend Kyndall Jack got lost while hiking in the Cleveland National Forest, sparking an extensive search that cost thousands of dollars. The teens admitted to being under the influence of drugs when they became disoriented and lost their way in the California wilderness.

abclocal.go.com...

It was her screams that brought searchers to her hours after they found her hiking companion, 19-year-old Nicolas Cendoya on Wednesday night, said Orange County sheriff's Lt. Jason Park.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 4/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Yes. And sometimes this happens:

PCSO told the ABC15 Investigators they expended 800 hours of manpower looking for the missing climber.

But Pinal County's search was unsuccessful.

Yes, sometimes that does happen.. I, along with I suspect many others just don't happen to think that in cases like the OP it happens all that often.

My personal opinion is that sometimes, actually more often than we realize things we don't understand are happening all around us.

One day you may also realize it too my overly skeptical friend.

edit on 22-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

YouTube !!!!

Oh, it must be real then!

Is the world dumbing down further this year?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

One day you may also realize it too my overly skeptical friend.

Some may consider that an oxymoron.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join