It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MANY People Vanishing Into Thin Air! WHAT'S HAPPENING???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I found this very strange and interesting! very strange.
Did a search Mods came up with nutting.

Massive Mystery!!
People Are Vanishing Into Thin Air! WHAT'S HAPPENING??
UFOs, Government Black Ops, Creepy Creatures, or something else?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Appears to be a clip from a movie to me .....

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
People have gotten lost (and often found) forever. The more people go wandering around in the woods, the more will be lost (and often found).

In Alaska they are frequently eaten. Those ones don't often end up being found, except as bear scat.

edit on 4/21/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This crappy clip is from Jan.... Calm down..

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Thanks OP.. I'm about 5 mins into it and I'll let this run through. I don't often, but this one has my attention.

Hopefully a few more play it through before figuring it's not worth the time. This is a good one for a honest to God mystery.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

45 seconds into the vid is a shot of Jim from the movie 28 Days Later.

That's all I needed to watch.

ETA - OK thanks to Wrabbit I'll watch more before shooting my mouth off.
edit on 176pm4646pm102014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
Did a search Mods came up with nutting.

FYI: try searching for "LOOPER"...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Yeah..and the opening shots are from Night of the Comet. ...It's a documentary put together on a specific aspect of missing people tho. Interesting, indeed.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Now, that's funny.......in a bear scat kinda way.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I think there's more going on than that.

When the typical sorts of reasons you mentioned are subtracted out as plausible . . . what's left is still a sizeable number of people as I understand it.

However, law enforcement and politicos do not like it publicized as it highlights either their helplessness or complicity.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

When the typical sorts of reasons you mentioned are subtracted out as plausible

Define "sizable." How are those reasons subtracted out?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Just got done with it and it's got me to looking up more, anyway. By the way, the video is about the work of David Paulides. As it so happens, it's a small world. ATS is familiar with Mr. Paulides.

My name is David Paulides and for the last 4 years I've been investigating people missing - AMA Thread

It seems he's been a guest of the site before for an Ask me Anything thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

It's been many months since I've read much on the topic. IIRC . . . the details of the cases that indicated the reasons you cited caused such cases to be dropped.

What was left with no remotely conventional explanation that fit the facts for those cases . . . was thousands of cases. Some claimed more than 100,000 or so, IIRC.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Some claimed more than 100,000 or so, IIRC.

People never seen again? Over what time period?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

AS I understand it, David Paulides deals with a rather small number of cases--particularly relatively. His criteria for his involvement are extremely narrow.

He's particularly interested in National Park cases and cases which are rather EXTREMELY INEXPLICABLE . . . particularly involving small children.

As I understand it, there's thousands of cases which do not meet his narrow criteria yet for which there are NO rational conventional explanations.

. . . cases where suicide is implausible.
. . . where kidnapping is implausible
. . . where 'wanting to disappear and start a new life' is implausible.
. . . where there's no discernible evidence of obvious or probable foul play evident.

I think it reasonable along here somewhere to factor in the upwards of 3,000,000 Americans who have evidently been abducted by exotic craft and either critters or black ops or a combo of both.

That's based on reasonably solid survey techniques . . . I think the poll was done by Harris.

Some abductees are not returned. I don't recall any percentage figures. That would be challenging to calculate, I suspect.

edit on 21/4/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

That is the impression I just got from the video. It looks like he first came to this investigative niche after finding the National Parks have clusters for numbers of missing and never recovered as well as those recovered but in weird ways (long distances with no easy explanation for the travel and that sort of thing).

If his narrow selection means he works the stuffing out of the ones he does pick up (and reading his AMA, it sounds like he does do on-site investigation work on them in a serious way) maybe that approach will allow him to come across a cause of his case, which covers far more afterward. It's one side to think about, anyway.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You mean like this?

Four years later, in 2003, hikers found some clothing that turned out to be Jaryd's. However, the clothing was found 550 feet up from the trail where Jaryd was last seen. A very steep and difficult area to get too, especially for A bit of a child's skull and one tooth were found.

Asks Paulides: "How did Jaryd and his clothes get up the hill if he couldn't have climbed up there himself?"

www.reddirtreport.com...

Scavengers maybe?
edit on 4/21/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

That's stretching my memory. I have in mind that would be in a year's time. But I'm not sure if that's America; North America or what geography that includes.

I do recall that on first reading I was rather incredulous that it could remotely possibly be THAT MANY people.

But I recall re-reading the articles concerned and having a hard time coming up with a different conclusion.

I do . . . . more or less know . . . with some confident convictions about it . . .

1. the globalist oligarchy would think nothing of disposing of millions of people for whatever serious or whim motivations they had at the time.

2. IIRC, there's a chunk of the disappeared folks who are evidently from the homeless population--deliberately so.

3. Another chunk are those who are without close family and friends for one reason or another.

4. Whoever is doing it seems to easily or however readily identify # 2 & 3 above as good candidates for their purposes.

5. The numbers of children who disappear and who are NOT kidnapped by an estranged parent is shocking, IIRC. I don't recall figures on that--I just recall being shocked.

6. We are not talking about runaway teens either. There are typical features of such run away teen cases which can be used to set those cases aside in such considerations.

7. We're not talking about folks deeply in debt and seeking to disappear or start another life for those reasons either.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
David Paullides has published 3 books about disappearances from national parks (Missing 411). He eliminates all the cases that have any possible explanations like animal attacks because if there is an animal attack there are tracks, scuffle marks, probably a dropped back pack, blood, etc. Obviously if it's suicide there's a body. If an animal takes a body away there's drag marks, etc. Dogs lose scents or refuse to search.

His interviews are super interesting. The parks board keeps no records of disappearances so all his investigations are an uphill, unsupported battle. Some people have disappeared when walking with others only a few feet away from them. Some children have disappeared and then reappeared days, weeks later sometimes dead, sometimes not.

His AMA is well worth the read. His interviews are well worth listening to. He was a cop, he thinks logical and he's methodical. No one has put this together before. Have people disappeared - literally - from the national forests? Yes. Many. If you read the AMA there is a member who's grandson (I think it was) disappeared and returned with memories who was part of his investigation.

(For those who have the knee jerk reaction of "he writes books so he's in it for the money" like I see on here all the time, do some actual research on how much it costs to do all the research these authors do and how little they make on books they sell. Unless someone is a New York Times best seller and sells millions of books, writers struggle. As well writers deserve to be paid for writing books like anyone should be paid for doing whatever it is they do.)
edit on 21-4-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Some claimed more than 100,000 or so, IIRC.

People never seen again? Over what time period?

After watching the whole thing and doing some quick queries it seems like missing persons have indeed skyrocketed. Still after ruling out for the criteria that BO listed we would obviously have a much smaller number.

Still I find it really a stretch to say Bigfoot or aliens are abducting people. Black OP's maybe some. Seems more like many of these folks get lost in the woods to me. I don't buy the experienced outdoors type not having that happen. After spending decades hiking and fishing in the Olympic National Park and forests let me say, even experienced folk can get lost, easily. Been there, done that.

Doesn't account for them all or some of the stories but I'm going with more (human) plausible reasons.

Missing Persons Stats
edit on 201pm3737pm102014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join