It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida man allegedly smothered crying son to play video games

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have a friend who's first child was beat to death for the same reason by the father. You think justice was served? 15 years.
All he got was 15 lousy years. People do more time for conspiracy charges. Not even a life sentence for killing a defenses, year old baby out of nothing but selfishness.
I don't even know how to digest the fact that there are people capable of this.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Visitor2012

originally posted by: Pimpish
Horrifying.

Not sure why you would mention being unemployed though. I don't see a connection between not having a job, playing video games and brutally murdering your own infant son.

Or have I missed something where being unemployed turns people into pure evil?

The timeline for the child's death would put it during when most people would be at work. My thought is this guy was unemployed and playing games all day/night. It is very common for people with this type of addiction to not have a job. No connection other than this waste of space was playing games and shucking any responsibility for anything in his life apparently.

He did what he did because he's a psychotic lunatic, not because of xbox or unemployment.

I did not say he did it because of xbox or unemployment.....I said they were factors.

About as much of a factor as the breakfast he had that morning.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
As ridiculous as it is for some ass hat pos to do this to their child its even more absurd to suggest his gaming habit had any bearing on his decision to kill his child in the first place.

He could have been painting a masterpiece or writing the next great American novel, if his kid annoyed him he still would have snapped. Because the decision to murder your kid doesn't stem from an activity but rather from a deep rooted mental illness.

Kallisti

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

you make a strong point.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
As ridiculous as it is for some ass hat pos to do this to their child its even more absurd to suggest his gaming habit had any bearing on his decision to kill his child in the first place.

He could have been painting a masterpiece or writing the next great American novel, if his kid annoyed him he still would have snapped. Because the decision to murder your kid doesn't stem from an activity but rather from a deep rooted mental illness.

Kallisti

Really? You are going to compare a jobless gamer to a master painter or great american novelist? He was neither and yes...being out of work and doing nothing but playing games had a hand in this. Obviously the guy was off his rocker too, but had he not been involved in gaming to such an extent that he killed a kid to keep playing, or had a job which required that he sleep at night, this would not have happened.

Like I said, not a cause but definitely a factor in this.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You obviously couldn't see my point through your bias goggles. Whatever.

It doesn't matter what activity this Nutter was interrupted in performing he still would have killed his child.

People that are insane enough to do this sort of thing don't need an excuse. Being unemployed and a gamer has nothing to do with it.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I know plenty of people who have kids and still play at least 4 hours a day in a certain MMO some are employed/unemployed and whenever there was something up with the child they would tell us and go attend to their kid, they didn't get up from the chair and shove their kids into the basement with a plastic bag on their head just so they can continue the raid without the kid interrupting.... only sick mentally ill people do that regardless of what they were doing.

lets pretend he did have a job, what difference would it make? he comes back home tired and just wants to sleep cause he needs to work again in the morning but the kid needs to be attended to and won't stop crying, a normal person albeit a bit annoyed he can't sleep would see what the problem is and help their precious child, this sick maniac would probably do the exact same thing he did so he could go back to bed and sleep(or play his game/watch tv/read a book/whatever)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish

The timeline for the child's death would put it during when most people would be at work. My thought is this guy was unemployed and playing games all day/night. It is very common for people with this type of addiction to not have a job. No connection other than this waste of space was playing games and shucking any responsibility for anything in his life apparently.

Most people are at work at 1 a.m.? Regardless, you're making many assumptions and seem to have a grudge against unemployed people. Why even bring that up? It wasn't part of this story, which stands on its own and is horrible enough. There's zero reason to even bring up this guy's employment status.

Let's assume he is indeed unemployed, why would that have any bearing at all on this story? It's not like he said, "Well, I'm unemployed and we couldn't afford the child so..."

Pretty soon Obama is going to get blamed for this.

Maybe ... his need to put the game before everything, even before the needs of his own child would lead to unemployment status. If you don't care enough about your kid to take care of his basic needs, why on earth would you be responsible enough to be at work on time? Most people who work, btw, are at sleep at 1 a.m. I know I am almost without exception.

Addiction is addiction, and serious addicts have trouble holding down jobs.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Really? You are going to compare a jobless gamer to a master painter or great american novelist? .

why not? plenty of great artists, musicians or novelists were crazy and plenty have killed people, most just get away with it because their positions as important people.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Something about this story makes me think this wasn't
the first time he did this except he held him a bit too long.
Maybe maybe not.
people have gone off the deep end with video games well I can guarantee
he won't be interrupted playing games anymore. A poor excuse for a human being...
precious baby was probably hungry or didn't feel well

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
#ing sick

I honestly see so much of this here in the state of Florida, I just don't understand anymore.

I just don't.

Turkey Point must be rotting peoples brains.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is sad. Who could kill a baby, and this reason makes it a million times worse, and that's pretty bad because this is the lowest of the low. May he be placed in general population and be treated how he deserves.

The crack babies/meth babies are all growing up and having babies. This is happening more and more.
edit on 18-4-2014 by LucidLucinda because: Replied to wrong poster just wanted to comment

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join