It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Facts About The Moral Collapse Of America That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
why are Americans so crazy lately?

why all the nutty things?

why all the problems?

Maybe it's the weather or the global warming or the vaccines or the TV shows or the schools or maybe it's the GMO food and other dangerous things connected with it.

This article outlines 100 things that seem out of wack.

The collection of facts and statistics that you are about to read is highly controversial. A lot of people are going to be greatly upset by it. Why? Because they don’t like to be confronted with the truth about America. Most people tend to believe that we can “fix this country” by getting the right politicians into power or by implementing certain economic or social reforms. But the reality of the matter is that our problems go far deeper than that. A moral collapse is eating away at the foundations of our society like cancer. If it continues to go unchecked, it will inevitably destroy America. Unfortunately, fixing moral decay is far more difficult than switching out political parties, because it is in the hearts of hundreds of millions of individual Americans. And most people don’t want to hear anything about a “moral collapse”, because most people like to think that the United States is setting a “good example” for the rest of the planet. But as you will see below, that is not the case at all.

#1 Approximately one-third of the entire population of the United States (110 million people) currently has a sexually transmitted disease according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

#2 Every single year, there are 20 million new STD cases in America.

#3 America has the highest STD infection rate in the entire industrialized world.

#4 Americans in the 15 to 24-year-old age group account for about 50 percent of all new STD cases each year.

#5 It costs our nation approximately 16 billion dollars a year to treat our sexually transmitted diseases.

#6 According to one survey, 24 percent of all U.S. teens that have STDs say that they still have unprotected sex.

#7 In Chicago, public school kindergarten teachers are now required to set aside 30 minutes a month for sex education.

#8 The United States has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the entire industrialized world.

#9 According to a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately two-thirds of all Americans in the 15 to 24-year-old age bracket have engaged in oral sex.

#10 At this point, one out of every four teen girls in the U.S. has at least one sexually transmitted disease.

lots of links to follow........
100 Facts About The Moral Collapse Of America That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

edit on Apr-10-2014 by xuenchen because:

+37 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This should be good.

Wow, some of these are just fear mongering, one source stats.

And here's the BIG ONE!

#100 According to LifeWay Research, 46 percent of all Americans never even think about whether they will go to heaven or not. -

Morality is subjective and clearly this giant post was written by somebody who thinks America is a 'Christian Nation', or at least ought to be.

Some of those stats are downright sad, but other of them aren't actually problems, just the result of society moving forward, such as this:

#29 100 years ago, 4.52 people were living in the average U.S. household, but now the average U.S. household only consists of 2.59 people.

That's the result of better education and the realization that large families aren't really good for our kind of society.

#30 According to the Pew Research Center, only 51 percent of all American adults are currently married. Back in 1960, 72 percent of all adults in the United States were married. -

Marriage percentage has nothing to do with how good of a person you are. Morality doesn't factor in here.

#24 The marriage rate in the United States has fallen to an all-time low. Right now it is sitting at a yearly rate of 6.8 marriages per 1000 people.

#25 In the United States today, more than half of all couples “move in together” before they get married.

#26 Not surprisingly, an all-time low 44.2 percent of all Americans in the 25 to 34-year-old age bracket are married at this point.

Same thing with these ones above.

All subjective.

There's not much substance to this article I must say, the slant is just too apparent.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
IMHO I believe most of the country suffers from PTSD. Side effects from the psychological warfare used post 9/11. " UH OH, WE HAVE TO RAISE THE TERROR ALERT TO RED. MAKE SURE TO WATCH YOUR NIEGHBOR AND REPORT ANYTHING OUT OF THE NORM. THEY ALL WANT TO KILL US BECAUE OF OUR FREEDOM. "

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So they start this article about the deaths and murders and people going crazy in the USA.
Seems legit.

But after reading the article, they're 'claiming' that this is going on because of sex, abortion, schooling, marriage.....

so done. None of that in MY opinion has any thing to do with people going bonkers. Not at all. Maybe one or two points were aimed at prescription/otc drugs, those COULD be a factor. But not THE reason. And definitely all the points issued have nothing to do with the points in the opening part of the article about 'why American's go crazy'.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks we have had a moral collapse needs to look back at our history. Then again every generaltion thinks the ones after it are lazy, have no morals and have ruined the country.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
These may be cherry picked somewhat IDK for sure...but the % ages of STDs etc seem a bit overblown to me......
The end bunch of "factoids" seems to be all about our lack of falling for the old religion jive....no wonder it is shot so full of holes by now as to be unrecognizable.....
This smacks of more religious propaganda ..........................be saved or else.......

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
because conservatives think defeating birth control coverage, public access to birth control, sex education, defunding planned parenthood is going to get rid of STDs and unwanted pregnancies.

it's just the woman's fault remember.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

DarkGameGod
IMHO I believe most of the country suffers from PTSD. Side effects from the psychological warfare used post 9/11. " UH OH, WE HAVE TO RAISE THE TERROR ALERT TO RED. MAKE SURE TO WATCH YOUR NIEGHBOR AND REPORT ANYTHING OUT OF THE NORM. THEY ALL WANT TO KILL US BECAUE OF OUR FREEDOM. "

This is a very funny bit of satire!!!

I actually think this poster meant this as a serious idea.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

DarkGameGod

Ah Honey. You should have grown up in the 50's when duck and cover was going to save you from the mushroom cloud the Ruskies were about to send us! We weren't feeling so confident, after we bombed Japan, or that we were really safe from retaliation, after all.

edit on 10-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
the USA is not the worlds most promiscuous society on earth..

Marina Adshade over at BigThink has ranked how promiscuous people are by country. United States comes in middle of the pack at number 22 with a score of 37.05. The higher the score, the more promiscuous

Source

So, the issue here is safe sex it appears. perhaps lack of education on the subject.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Or if you lived through the 30's you could have been blown away by the epic film Reefer Madness!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rupertg

So glad I waited to be born in 50's and indulge in the 70's when it was safer! LOL

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Welllllll..

What seems to be causing the 100+ million cases of STD's ?

Something ain't right somewhere.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

" #29 100 years ago, 4.52 people were living in the average U.S. household, but now the average U.S. household only consists of 2.59 people."

That's the result of better education and the realization that large families aren't really good for our kind of society.

Care to explain that, big guy?

You seem to imply that big families are that way because they're not smart. The big families who don't have the money to support themselves, sure, but in general? i see your comment this way: Big families aren't good for this society because this society is at the point where people simply can't afford big families anymore. It has nothing to do with intelligence, that's just absurd. It has nothing to do with morals either. Morals don't pay the bills, money does. And this country (America BTW, not your Canada) didn't get this way from being morally bankrupt. It got this way because of bad management.

So please, explain what kind of society big families are good for, I would love hear to hear your "subjective" view on that.
edit on 10-4-2014 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What seems to be causing the 100+ million cases of STD's ?

Gee lets see.

Maybe it's the lack of sex education in schools?

Or the selling of sex to everybody via advertising, yet telling young men and women they are wrong and immoral for pursuing sex during the times they should learning about such things?

Maybe it's the economic decay of the middle class, forcing more and more people to take jobs that pay nothing for work that is far too strenuous.

There are a VARIETY of reasons why America is in decline and it certainly has nothing to do with morals.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I blame the pervasive idea that so many things are "natural" and therefore must be OK because they're "natural." It's just another way to take no real responsibility for the consequences of your actions. Sex is a natural urge, so I shouldn't be ashamed of any of desires, nor should I feel I need to curb them. I need to eat and appetite is natural, so I how can I help it if I eat too much? (Although there is a massive double standard here, but the very attitude we see taken still reflects this basic attitude - people can't help themselves so someone else needs to stop them.)

Basically, it is a logical fallacy that just because something is natural it is automatically good, and we need to get back to realizing that self discipline does have a very necessary place in society, that saying that and recognizing it is not at all Puritanical or overly moralizing, but simply a healthy attitude to have for a society.

One can still have some discreet fun, but we need not wallow in the lifestyle of Jersey Shore just to prove how liberated from our old Puritanical ways we are.
edit on 10-4-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Nope.

It's actually proven, via studies that the more educated you are, the less children you will have. This is not only due to economic factors, but also environmental concerns with educated people about over population and resource management.

I suggest you google what I am saying and read the appropriate studies. I'm not doing the leg work for you.

So please, explain what kind of society big families are good for, I would love hear to hear your "subjective" view on that. -

None. There are no modern societies that could support huge families of more than 3 children. The overwhelming trend world wide has been the decrease of the average family unit because large families aren't viable, for a lot of different reasons. Economics being one of the primary ones.

But it's also a matter of having to take care of that many people through social services among other programs that simply put the country at more of a disadvantage because the people living there mostly lack the tools and skills necessary to be productive members of society.

America is crap because it let it's manufacturing, education and economy to be devoured by the greedy and the inept.

It has NOTHING to do with morals, never has. If morals had anything to do with it, the US would be more like Saudi Arabia, in the way the religious fundamentalism rules supreme.

~Tenth
edit on 4/10/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

We spend more on our education per student than any other industrialized nation and yet we can't manage to have sex education? I don't think that's the problem. Especially not in these days when Kansas Middle Schools have posters up telling kids all the lovely ways people express sexual feelings including grinding and anal.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

xuenchen
why are Americans so crazy lately?

why all the nutty things?

why all the problems?

Answer: Lack of love.

I know many people who got STDs really like infect others.So the number of infections should be exponential growth.
edit on 10-4-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

We spend more on our education per student than any other industrialized nation and yet we can't manage to have sex education? -

That is EXACTLY the problem. The US ranking for math, science and literature are the some of the WORST among industrialized nations, yet we spend the MOST?!

Don't you see the disconnect there?

There's a DIRECT correlation between education and success, both in your personal as well as professional lives. This includes things like the likelihood of getting an STD, or getting divorced, OR going bankrupt.

~Tenth
edit on 4/10/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join