It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Facts About The Moral Collapse Of America That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what stats you put up. It's a fact this country is in a downward spiral morally. The fear of God is not there.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

windword

DarkGameGod
IMHO I believe most of the country suffers from PTSD. Side effects from the psychological warfare used post 9/11. " UH OH, WE HAVE TO RAISE THE TERROR ALERT TO RED. MAKE SURE TO WATCH YOUR NIEGHBOR AND REPORT ANYTHING OUT OF THE NORM. THEY ALL WANT TO KILL US BECAUE OF OUR FREEDOM. "

Ah Honey. You should have grown up in the 50's when duck and cover was going to save you from the mushroom cloud the Ruskies were about to send us! We weren't feeling so confident, after we bombed Japan, or that we were really safe from retaliation, after all.

edit on 10-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

Funny how flared pants and the Ruskie mushroom cloud is back in vogue again.History never repeats, I tell myself before I go to sleep. LOL

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

ketsukoAnd therein lies the problem ... If you are a moral relativist, you let yourself tacitly agree with a lot of things you tell yourself you really think are evil. You do it because you don't want to be mean or judgmental by being an absolutist.

Look, you say murder is wrong. But person A says it is permissible in his culture, so you say, it is always wrong for me and I think it's evil, but who am I to judge you and your culture. So, under those circumstances, murder is now permissible for you, no matter what noises you made about it being always wrong for you and evil.

I see no problem with murder in certain situations, usually it's illegal because the vast majority of people don't want to live in a world where anyone can go around and murder someone else. Morals are relative, laws are absolute. The two shouldn't have anything to do with each other. That means that sometimes the right thing to do according to your morals is going to be illegal.

Jennyfrenzy
If someone who had no thought about heaven/hell or the concept of an afterlife, they could go around treating people like crap, being violent towards humans and animals, all around just morally corrupt. Then we see on the news some guy goes and rams a car in to a day care center and people wonder why this kind of thing seems to be occurring more and more. People just don't care, it's sickening.

I don't believe in an afterlife or any sort of sentient god. It doesn't lead to me running around treating people like crap or harming animals. Specifically because I don't have an eternity to effect change, I want to be sure that I can do good things with what time I do have. Those who come after me can enjoy what I've done, I don't need a god to tell me I did good or scare me into compliance. To me the entire point of life is to leave a better world for those who come after me. If I can't do that, then what's the point in living?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Since they are posting stats... did they narrow it down any further to include percentage by ethnicity, demographic, education level, poverty levels, etc.. Just curious if this is more prominent in any particular areas (inner city), or ethnicity...

Just seems like some self serving, fear mongering attempt to push an agenda...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Excuse me but from what the history books tell, the religious "missionaries/crusaders, etc" of Christianity /Catholicism, etc who supposedly believed in an afterlife and eternal damnation weren't so kind to people either... especially when they were smashing the childrens heads open against rocks as their so called god commanded them to do.. Also can you please explain to me how your religion would allow a man like adolf hitler into heaven since he was a man of the christian faith and prayed to your god, but would condemn the millions of Jewish victims to eternal damnation because they didn't accept Jesus prior to their death?? Just saying.. religion may no longer be a relevant answer for how people carry themselves.. you have bad people regardless of their religious beliefs... Personally accepting jesus into your heart can be construed as a get out of jail free card.. i can literally go around being a jerk to everyone, but as long as i accept this deity into my heart, all is forgiven? where do i sign up? lololololol

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

From the CDC Website 2012 stats ( www.cdc.gov... )

Please also refer to some fact sheets by the CDC as well....

www.cdc.gov...

It seems that this is much more of a problem for specific groups of people and maybe the article should also take into consideration the locations and people that are most affected and include some studies and research behind it....

Interesting links none the less.. food for thought..

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

101. Should have been the religious still depend on lies to save your soul.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by ketsuko

We spend more on our education per student than any other industrialized nation and yet we can't manage to have sex education? -

That is EXACTLY the problem. The US ranking for math, science and literature are the some of the WORST among industrialized nations, yet we spend the MOST?!

Don't you see the disconnect there?

There's a DIRECT correlation between education and success, both in your personal as well as professional lives. This includes things like the likelihood of getting an STD, or getting divorced, OR going bankrupt.

~Tenth
edit on 4/10/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Many year's ago i came across two American couple's on holiday one was a judge on a 6 figure salary his wife the same pay bracket how they came to be in that job's is a mystery to me as they did not seem to have a brain cell between the 4 of them and i mean no disrespect by that comment it just shocked me at how thick they were in general .

And when i returned from the toilet my then missus wanted to leave i later found out they had wanted to play key's on the table

hey if i had got i decent car i would have stayed

edit on 11-4-2014 by 999zxcv because: im a idiot

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by killjoy99

Can you please fill me in on what my religion is?? News to me buddy. I believe in reincarnation, I'm not a Christian. Stop jumping to conclusions and making assumptions. I'm not sure how you got All of that out of my belief in accountability. Do tell.

Also can you please explain to me how your religion would allow a man like adolf hitler into heaven since he was a man of the christian faith and prayed to your god, but would condemn the millions of Jewish victims to eternal damnation because they didn't accept Jesus prior to their death??

Can you tell me what this has to do with reincarnation? Who exactly is my god? I am spiritual, not religious. Where did I ever once say I was Christian? Totally confused!

Lol?
edit on 11-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: added the quotes

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Jennyfrenzy

Can you please fill me in on what my religion is?? News to me buddy. I believe in reincarnation, I'm not a Christian. Stop jumping to assumptions. I'm not sure how you got All of that out of my belief in accountability. Do tell.

Firstly, i never made the declaration that i am a mystic who can read minds.. nor did i state that i knew your religious beliefs.. you made a subtle hint that you weren't christian / catholic when you declared that you believe in reincarnation. I was just bringing to light that a bad person is a bad person.. religion has nothing to do with the matter.. there are many people that proudly wear the badge of their religion and do horrible, illegal and immoral things.. On the other side of the coin, there are people that do not subscribe to an organized belief system that live very wholesome moral lives.. I personally believe in spirituality and that there is something after this life. It is all just too much for me to chalk it off as some mere coincidence that everything all just happened this way by the most calculated astronomically impossible accident ever.. So, why don't you just calm down, go for a walk, play with your cat, make a cup of tea, and think about how you when you come back in your next life, you should maybe be a person that stops jumping to conclusions...

- Update (Playful Sarcasm above) - Im really not a mean person.. just think that people have to step back and laugh every now and again and stop taking so much so serious.. Ego is the emise of us all
edit on 11-4-2014 by killjoy99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I read this article on another website earlier and absolutely knew it would end up being discussed here.

I really don't understand how STD's could be considered some sort of a measure of "Morals".

I really don't understand how the number of supposed sex offenders in this country could be considered a measure of morals either, considering there are huge numbers of sex offenders in the database who really only got caught relieving themselves behind a dumpster or whatever, were too poor to retain effective legal defense, and the courts turned having to take a piss into a sex crime.

And then what is considered a sex offense here sometimes borders on the ridiculous anyway, only pushed through our nearly dysfunctional and tyrannical courts system by religious zealots and bullies in powerful places.

A home without a father being a "moral" issue?....

Subprime credit being a moral issue?, the writer of the article must not realize his banker is the incarnation of the devil, never mind the religious text the zealot based their opinion on....

I have an overweight brother who is kinda sensitive, I don't suppose I should tell him that obesity is a "moral issue", it would probably hurt his feelings....

Playing video games is not a moral issue, sometimes there are those who spend too much time killing imaginary enemies, but then the government is the biggest imaginary enemy killer, religion right there with em too...

OOOOOh, now underperforming students are immoral, I'm sure realizing that will improve their comprehension and test scores, yeah....

The young being un-affiliated with a religion is nobody's business, the zealot author's colors are bleeding through, I don't believe religion should be shoved down the throats of people until they are old to understand enough to swallow it voluntarily
by their own decision, not indoctrination from birth as many practice, THAT'S TRULY IMMORAL...

People who think the way this author does are immoral, and then the schmuck was even an attorney, ya know one of those guys who takes money for nothing guaranteed to anyone but the guy who really does have moral issues, the guy who pays with someone else's money.

This article is religiously skewed tripe, if you can't filter reality clean and untainted without your religious beliefs polluting your expression, just shut up.

Of course an attorney would need some all-encompassing moral compass to guide him to heaven in the end, since hell is full of those he put there.

This article points out perfectly clear how much trouble this country is in, considering what wrote it and what that thing represents.
edit on 11-4-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: asc

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

edit on 11-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: Double posted after edit??

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Never said you were a mystic, you did say "explain how your religion would..." "Because he believes in your God." Read what you wrote.

Also can you please explain to me how your religion would allow a man like adolf hitler into heaven since he was a man of the christian faith and prayed to your god, but would condemn the millions of Jewish victims to eternal damnation because they didn't accept Jesus prior to their death??

Does reincarnation have anything to do with Christian beliefs? News to me! That's why I said "afterlife" and mentioned all spiritualities and religions. Why don't you go and re-read what I wrote. I don't think you did.

So, why don't you just calm down, go for a walk, play with your cat, make a cup of tea, and think about how you when you come back in your next life, you should maybe be a person that stops jumping to conclusions...

I am very calm.

- Update (Playful Sarcasm above) - Im really not a mean person.. just think that people have to step back and laugh every now and again and stop taking so much so serious.. Ego is the emise of us all

You added this after, you questioning someone's spiritual beliefs and why their said religion would "allow Hitler in to heaven" is not playful banter. This man killed over 6 million people, forgive me if I'm offended.
edit on 11-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: add quotes

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Touche Jenny Frenzy.. Touche... i may have incorrectly used the phrase "your" when speaking in generalities... +1 point for your keen eye for editing..

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

xuenchen

Maybe it's the weather or the global warming or the vaccines or the TV shows or the schools or maybe it's the GMO food and other dangerous things connected with it.

edit on Apr-10-2014 by xuenchen because:

So... your thread title has nothing to do with your initial hypothesis / purpose statement of the article.
Then you follow it up with a list than consists of primarily slanted sex-related data that goes against a certain religious sector's (read: Bible hugger's) belief system...yet still has very little to do with either your hypothesis or the thread title.

Much confuse, such nonsense.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

If we are going to argue semantics and derail the thread, at least fact check a bit.. Hitler did not personally commit murder over 6 million times.. his army did.. Many of whom associated with being either protestant or christian. Hitler also tried to create a unified protestant church, etc. etc.. Bringing me back to my main point being that not all people who have faith and believe in an afterlife are incapable of being monsters... and according to some popular religious belief, all will be forgiven and you will be accepted into a glorious kingdom if all you do is believe in a savior.. doesn't really seem fair to me. That was the point i was trying to make.. That bad people will be bad people

My point about being sarcastic and joking around was directed at you because i was telling you to calm down and go for a walk. I don't think many people find genocide funny..

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by parad0x122

That's why it's called a social problem.

The whole thing is confusing.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Truth.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

What seems to be causing the 100+ million cases of STD's ?

Gee lets see.

Maybe it's the lack of sex education in schools?

Or the selling of sex to everybody via advertising, yet telling young men and women they are wrong and immoral for pursuing sex during the times they should learning about such things?

Maybe it's the economic decay of the middle class, forcing more and more people to take jobs that pay nothing for work that is far too strenuous.

There are a VARIETY of reasons why America is in decline and it certainly has nothing to do with morals.

~Tenth

no....it is because everyone is having unprotected sex with multiple partners. (immoral)

if you wait until you get married and only have sexual relations with your spouse who also waited to get married.....how many STD's can this couple get? How many did you say?.....

big fat zero.....that's how many....there would be zero STD's if people acted in a moral way on just this one subject.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

Or the selling of sex to everybody via advertising, yet telling young men and women they are wrong and immoral for pursuing sex during the times they should learning about such things?

Maybe it's the economic decay of the middle class, forcing more and more people to take jobs that pay nothing for work that is far too strenuous.

There are a VARIETY of reasons why America is in decline and it certainly has nothing to do with morals.

~Tenth

Good Post.
I think it is the Ayn Rand Mentality where it is everyone out for themselves.
That is except the top elite that collude and conspire together.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join