It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mass lack of understanding

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Indeed, that's what I found out on my own after thinking for 20 years!

Of course you cannot just decline something saying everything is one anyway, because the measurement, understanding and description are still useful.
It being there 3 times is just random, because other names were already in use.

I use it, because no matter which of my theories are right, "being one" is important.
Either we are already one, merely perceiving this separated, because of this brains perception or have to work together to become one big mechanism (currently we are a big dark inefficient mechanism on a planet surface), because no matter what happens after death - they all have in common that what you did comes back to you if either room or time are infinite- or both.

And so many of my theories all lead to all compared things being one and the same..!
edit on 6-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

oneoneone
reply to post by demus

Indeed, that's what I found out on my own after thinking for 20 years!

Of course you cannot just decline something saying everything is one anyway, because the measurement, understanding and description are still useful.
It being there 3 times is just random, because other names were already in use.

I use it, because no matter which of my theories are right, "being one" is important.
Either we are already one, merely perceiving this separated, because of this brains perception or have to work together to become one big mechanism (currently we are a big dark inefficient mechanism), because no matter what happens after death - they all have in common that what you did comes back to you if either room or time are infinite- or both.

And so many of my theories all lead to all compared things being one and the same..!

have you seen my post from page 2?

demus
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

not only Carl Sagan but many other important and well known scientists and great people are saying the same thing.

"everything is everything is everything."

it took me years to figure out that meaningful quote and when I did; my understanding of the world has changed forever.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Yea I did, oneness is a very common conclusion, also in this "new age movement" connecting things that were already thought of, mixing useful information and disinformation.

Sagan sounds like that author of a pretty well describing 3rd eye book, but I won't have the time / see no relevance to look into that

I often run over thinkers who came to the exact same theories about this world as I did, being so amazed, because its a long long long construct of conclusions and so many people discourage me, making me doubt my whole brain construct every day. On the other hand what makes me strong is that I have a working simulation of human brains in my mind, because I program "brains" seeing why they say those things.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by oneoneone

now I'm waiting for a "science guy" woodcarver to scientifically explain "god".

the definitions you provided on science and spirituality help.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

Woodcarver

Itisnowagain
reply to post by Woodcarver

Do you believe there is a thing called future?

Umm... Yes.

Really? Can you or any scientist show me one now?
Where is this thing called future?

edit on 6-4-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Are you asking me if i can show you a future?

Hhmm... Or prove that there will be a future? Yes i can. I can even make predictions into the future with a high likelihood of them coming true. I can predict that there will be a future and i will be right. Every experience that i have ever had leads me to believe that there will be a future. As a matter of fact there would be an astronomically high ratio for the likelihood of there being a future.

When we are talking about future predictions we are talking about ratios of likelihood. We present these ratios as percentages. There is a 100% chance that the sun will appear in the eastern horizon in the morning. I am willing to bet my life on it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Mmmmh, I don't want to give this away, because there are those who can cause harm if they understand what "god" is without the luckily required wisdom to come up with it themselves. If I give hints I will just sound like I wouldn't know, so find out about it yourself. Let's say one definition it is a larger mechanism that we are part of, which we are supposed to help, the other is a remain of a 9000+ year old story of people who claimed to have lived together with extraterrestrials creating a new mixed race in north east Africa to mine gold, later changed to religions where they were translated to gods and angels creating all of earth. By the way the exact same location and time where the wars of this planet started, which also has spread these religions.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Brother he meant can you prove the future scientifically? Because in physics it's getting well known that time is just perception, the past is only memory and the future is only now with different actions.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

If you want to talk about the likelihood of science proving spirituality to be true? Then we need you to define what you mean by spirituality. If what you mean is something mundane, or physical, then we likely already have an explanation for it. If you mean something supernatural, then there is a 0% likelihood of accuracy.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Nothing isn't spiritual though, that's why you can't see where I'm coming from. Everything to me adds up a certain way, everything to you adds up to a different perception. Neither of us are wrong

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

ScottProphhit

Words define other words. Spirituality is how I feel when I wake up. It's how I feel when I share my thoughts with my nieces and nephews, its how I feel when I study science and life. It's how I feel.

We already have names for those things. They are emotions. They are physical attributes of your body. Not spirituality. Your are renaming things to fit your feelings which again is dishonest.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You have names for them. Doesnt make it less spiritual

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

demus

Woodcarver

Everything i think you mean by spirituality has already been proven to be wrong. But you still wont explain exactly what you mean by spirituality. Give me an example and i will show you what i mean.

OK, since you are really asking for it:

God, in any form.

you said everything you think I mean by spirituality has already been proven wrong.
you asked for example so you will show me what you ment.
I gave you an example: please do.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I don't know where you took your definition from, but there are very few words with a clear definition between people. A word book definition does not always have a good effect to be used, so I prefer the definitions of the effects they have on people.

I made the mistake of thinking spirituality would mean something magical or emotional or something about spirits in my past as well until i understood what effects whatever people connect to it has on our minds.

You should read my answer about what spirituality is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And a comparison between spirituality and science:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Both: "they are the same" - and - "they are not the same" can be said under certain circumstances.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

Woodcarver
Science is the observation of the physical world, it is exactly as finite as physical matter.

Life is examining life.
'Science' is just existence peering into existence - how far does it have to travel?
Can life be anywhere but here and now?
Can one examine the 'future' or 'past'? Or is 'future and past' just words arising now? Out of what do these words arise and where do they go?
even animals think about the past and make predictions into the future. Just not nearly on the same level we do. Words come from our want to describe the world around us. Which is why it is so important to understand the definitions of words before you use them. When you use a word incorrectly or in place of another word, then your idea you are trying to convey is meaningless to everyone around you. It is even stricter when you are using mathematics. Your formulas have to be written out correctly or they will not make accurate predictions.

When you say that your emotions are your spirit then you are throwing away the entire model that has been built up around thousands of years of direct application of science.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

demus

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

Lots of people believe lots of things. None of that matters. Do you believe in the importance of truth? And the difference between opinion and fact?

truth is changing.
opinions are changing.
"facts" are changing.

in the end it seems like you will be the only thing in the universe that will stay the same.

The truth is what is present - it is changing and unchanging (motion and rest).
Hold onto the changing and there will be suffering. Find that which never changes and the kingdom of heaven will be revealed.

Mathematics is what never changes. It is also what disproves the idea of heaven.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Nothing isn't my spirit? I am the Sun, the tide, the immovable mover. I am everything and I am nothing. I am free and I am oppressed. Willfully. To experience myself in an infinite number of ways. I am God. And you are too.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Woodcarver
Are you asking me if i can show you a future?

Is there such a 'thing' as future? You said there is. Where is it now???

Hhmm... Or prove that there will be a future? Yes i can. I can even make predictions into the future with a high likelihood of them coming true.
When would you do that?

I can predict that there will be a future and i will be right. Every experience that i have ever had leads me to believe that there will be a future. As a matter of fact there would be an astronomically high ratio for the likelihood of there being a future.
The fact of the matter is - everything is now - everything there is, is in the present. Every thought or memory or prediction happens now - nothing at all ever happens in the future because 'future' is an idea arising now.

There is a 100% chance that the sun will appear in the eastern horizon in the morning. I am willing to bet my life on it.
All is changing presently but there is a belief in time.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Woodcarver
Mathematics is what never changes. It is also what disproves the idea of heaven.

That which is knowing the present scene never changes. Maths, words, symbols are not always present - they are part of the scenery.
The present scene is appearing as what you can see right now. If you stand before a mirror and see an image of someone standing in the mirror that apparent 'person' appears different every time it appears. Every cell that body is made of is changing but that which it appears in never changes - but it will never be seen as it is seeing.

Heaven is an idea to that which does not realize the nothingness.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

ScottProphhit

Nothing isn't spiritual though, that's why you can't see where I'm coming from. Everything to me adds up a certain way, everything to you adds up to a different perception. Neither of us are wrong

Im getting to your "god" question. But i wanted to comment here first. You say "everything is spiritual" but actually everything is physical. Every thing we have ever measured has been physical. Even your thoughts can be quantified in physical terms.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

And the physical world is an illusion created by us.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join