It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin ‘wants to regain Finland’ for Russia, adviser says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

After annexing Crimea and with troops massed on the border of Ukraine, Vladimir Putin will not stop trying to expand Russia until he has “conquered” Belarus, the Baltic states and Finland, one of his closest former advisers has said.

According to Andrej Illarionov, the President’s chief economic adviser from 2000 to 2005, Mr Putin seeks to create “historical justice” with a return to the days of the last Tsar, Nicholas II, and the Soviet Union under Stalin.

Vladimir Putin ‘wants to regain Finland’ for Russia, adviser says

Uh ... OK.......

So now we have to worry about this man? And people can honestly say this is because of the US? This is all because he feels the Soviet Union needs to be the SU again, and no other reason. He used the Soviet system as a model in speeches of no poverty and no want... which we all know was total BS but.....

Just more nationalistic waving of private parts if you ask me....

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Really?
So after a small bit of ukraine Mr Putin now want's to get a whole EU member country?

I smell BS

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
True or not...

He should be careful about wanting to take a bite out of Finland... It didn't go so well with his boy Stalin back in the day.

Oh, they won, but the price was a bit much for what they got.

Winter War

Yep, be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Not to mention, Finland is a member of the EU.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

yeahsurexxx
reply to post by vkey08

Really?
So after a small bit of ukraine Mr Putin now want's to get a whole EU member country?

I smell BS

I thought that at first, but there's a ton of sources reporting it, and there's live updating on it, kinda doesn't smell so BS'y...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

There is historical presidence for this.

Russian imperialistic ambitions aren't anything new. Think Tsars, not Politburo. Think Peter the Great/Catherine the Great, and you've got it.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

There is a book out there called Phoenix Rising: The Rise and the Fall of the American Republic, it will give anyone insight into what is going here, and at the core once again is the New World Order and establishment of the UN central government of the world and proponent of the one world Illuminati religion.

Page 156 of that book written by Donald G. Lett states.

"There are many similarities between Russia and the U.N. For example, consider that most of the U.N. charter is copied word for word from Marx's Communist Manifesto and the Russian Constitution"

edit on 30-3-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

vkey08

yeahsurexxx
reply to post by vkey08

Really?

I smell BS

I thought that at first, but there's a ton of sources reporting it, and there's live updating on it, kinda doesn't smell so BS'y...

Well there's bin live reporting with numerous sources regarding this lost plane too.
That does not mean this is actually from reliable source.

We all know the neocons wanna start this WW3, so why shouldn't this be a decoy?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
We already have a hot debate about it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

seagull
reply to post by vkey08

There is historical presidence for this.

Russian imperialistic ambitions aren't anything new. Think Tsars, not Politburo. Think Peter the Great/Catherine the Great, and you've got it.

I was thinking that.... but Putin was KGB so it didn't cross my mind too much.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
In the article it says "Finland is not a Nato member, meaning a Russian invasion would not be considered an attack against the alliance. The commander of the Finnish air force has said it has increased surveillance operations over the Baltic Sea in recent weeks."

I don't think Russia will be taking them over with guns ..With Russia's move away from the USD and more then likely the BRIC nations looking for a alternative ..EU being in financial straights and looking for support from China , The US economy and the dollar not looking very good , I can see Finland being more cooperative with them and cutting links to the US that don't really serve them all that well ..imo But who knows the smell of war is in the air and if some fools really want a fight I am sure Russia will have a response ....peace

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Already Posted.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

rigel4
reply to post by vkey08

Already Posted.

we are allowed to have one in BAN and other..

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
For general reference, stories can exist in Breaking Alternative News and one other forum on the site as the exception in the duplicate rule.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Or...

It's that old bugga-boo that raises its ugly head every generation or so... Imperial ambitions on the part of some European nation.

Germany. Russia/Soviet Union. France. Prussia. Nothing really new here, other than our utter and complete surprise that it's happening yet again...

No recourse to neocons or NWO, or any other bogeyman required. Regular old human nationalism/greed is quite enough.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Yea you are probably right . If it wasn't Russia it would be England ,or Spain etc ..No shortage of countries wanting to rule the world with military power ....Too bad the US never did eh / sarc

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Gee, I'm sorry I left the big bad US out of it...

I was referring, though I note I didn't say it, to European nations wanting to control Europe, or portions of. Sorry, you misunderstood.

But if you insist, feel free to add the US.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Although the article appears in the Britsh Independent, giving it an air of crdibility, all that it reports are the opinions of Andrej Illarionov, a Russian exile who resigned his position as presidential representative to the G8 in 2005 stating...

This year Russia has become a different country. It is no longer a democratic country. It is no longer a free country.

Illarionov now works for the CATO Institute in America, and so I perceive this as more Western fearmongering to frighten investors away from Russia. Putin no more wants Finland than I want to claim state benefits...and I don't. If he was ever going to invade any country, he would have invaded the Ukraine, but he never wanted to invade the Ukraine, that was just the same kind of Western fearmongering to paint Russia and Putin as a bogeyman to fear.

It is America that is quaking, because it knows that the financial decisions Putin is making may have catastrophic effects on the American economy, and to some degree, other Western economies. The Ukraine crisis gave the West an opportunity to apply the brakes to what Putin was wanting to do, which is to dump the petrodollar and American dollar, something the BRICS countries have been proposing for a few years now. That plan is in the process of being realised.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

seagull
reply to post by vkey08

There is historical presidence for this. Russian imperialistic ambitions aren't anything new. Think Tsars, not Politburo. Think Peter the Great/Catherine the Great, and you've got it.

Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin ....................."Vlad the Great." Recall "Vlad the Impaler."

What will Barack Hussein Obama be know as historically by way of such a formal title?
"Barack the Inhaler?"

edit on 30-3-2014 by fivefister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

If this is true, yikes!

Putin can't just go around "taking back" countries, who does he think he is!

Is the cold war back on or what?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Actually it get's better, many suomi think that Russia is occupying land belonging to them and historically they are correct so if Russia tries it then the modern finnish army though small (it is a true professional army) will indeed make them pay a high price, but then the russian army is not the old conscript irregular force it was then so who know's how it would go.
The russians called the Finnish fighters the greates soldiers in the world, they certainly regarded them with more respect than they did the germans.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join