It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the 1% of Christians going to Heaven:

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Hoyden
not true.

Yes true.

Eve actually has been proven to be the sole pra-mother of every human on this planet.

I gave the info for Noahs Ark. And the DNA evidence proves that Eve did not live 6,000 years ago in the middle east. The first common female ancestor humans have is from 160,000 BC and she'd be in Africa.

There was no Noahs Ark. No world wide flood in 2300 BC.
There was no Adam and Eve with a talking snake in a garden in the middle east.

And no Christian needs to literally buy into those myths and folklores in order to be a Christian.
It's not necessary. It's not even smart.

you giving an "info" does not mean it is true.

nothing from what you have stated has been proven.

and in the case of Eve it is quite to the contrary, which, if one extends the same rule to at least eukaryotes - collaterally proves that those could ave been disseminated on Earth from one saved pair as well.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Hoyden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

BELIEVERpriest
I provided scriptural evidence that your degree in Psychology has nothing to do with the subject of sin.

Now you are being dishonest. It wasn't about sin .. it was about MENTALITY.
THIS is what you said -

BELIEVERpriest
I reject the notion that our mentality is purely a product of our environment. It is a product of our mental attitudes. Even an infant has a mental attitude however undeveloped it may be.

My response was 100% correct.
Mentality (personality and life choices) is environment and dna and freewill. All three.

'SIN" was not part of that exchange of words.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Simple, a choice.

One anyone can make.

As to the rest, well, I have issues with peoples basic understanding OF Christianity as a whole and will gladly and proudly answer any direct question put to me on the matter.

I don't normally go with the direct Baiting threads, as it seems pointless to argue.

I came to my faith after a long searching, I can not answer for Other Christians, Just my own understanding based on my experiences.

I am not better than anyone, I am not more deserving, I am probably one of the more hateful mean people you will ever meet.

All of that does not matter, My salvation, is not through any effort of my own.

Nothing I did, Nothing I do, EARNS me it.

It is a free gift, All I have to do, is make one choice.

Accept

Yes, Or no.

Thats it.

That is Christianity in its most simplest form.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

FlyersFan

BELIEVERpriest
Therefore, arguing with you would be like talking to the wall.

You have failed to acknowledge the fact that Noahs Ark has been proven not to have happened. You have failed to acknowledge the fact that the bible creation myths have been proven not to have happened. These are facts. No sane person would continue to believe in something that is absolutely proven not to have happened. It's ignorant.

he does not have to acknowledge your paranoia.

it has not been proven that Noah's Ark ( and all others talking points) have not happened.

Eve has been proven to be our sole ancient mother - for all.
so, please, stop repeating your false claims.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Hoyden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Hoyden
you giving an "info" does not mean it is true.
nothing from what you have stated has been proven.

What the hell are you talking about? Everything I posted is 100% true. Absolutely true.
No question. The DNA. The population distribution. The 80,000 year old trees.
The 100,000 year old coral reefs living and intact. Of course it's proven and of course it's true.

Noahs Ark did not happen. Adam and Eve weren't put on earth 6,000 years ago in Iraq.
Get real dude. Deal with it.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

I'm sorry that you are so terrified of....whatever it is that you're terrified of. It must hurt.
The particular theology that he subscribes to overlooks the point of Jesus making it OK to be human.
It forces someone to have to look for an alternative to not being able to stop being human, so the proposed solution is that there is belief that serves as a new type of work that is unblemished by it being inside you, since it comes from God.
It's all theoretical and it takes a certain amount of suspension of disbelief, which is encouraged by the corollary of the theory, which is basically that salvation is dependent on belief in the theory.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

Again ... SInce you must have missed it....

Address the fact that Noahs Ark has been proven not to have happened.
Address the fact that Adam and Eve have been proven not to have happened.
Address the fact that Exodus has been proven not have happened as the OT claims.

Explain how people with a brain should be required to believe literally in nonsense in order to be a real christian.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

ketsuko

Hoyden

BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by Hoyden

I see your point, but I disagree.

Faith in Christ is all that is needed for salvation. This is the seed of faith that produces the works of compassion that you spoke of. If the person doesnt have any good works to show for his/her faith, then he/she never truely believed in Jesus sacrifice in the first place.

The Knowledge of Salvation does not save, it only gives you something to believe. When you believe in it, then you are saved.

The confirmation of your faith will be manifested in your works as a born again creature.

Then you disagree with Jesus Christ Himself

you have certainly a right to do so.

Faith is not even close to be sufficient for salvation.

Salvation is individual, redemption was universal - for everybody, even non-believers.

If that was the case, then both of the thieves crucified alongside Christ would have gone with Him. Why did only one get to go with Christ to Paradise?

you might be advised to reread the Gospels themselves instead just repeating wrong talking points ad nauseum.

One of the thieves was performing and active ACT of blasphemy and mocking Jesus Christ, whereas the other one was defending Him - both were performing deeds, works, not just having their faith alone - and both got what they deserved.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Address the fact that Noahs Ark has been proven not to have happened.
Address the fact that Adam and Eve have been proven not to have happened.
Address the fact that Exodus has been proven not have happened as the OT claims.

Explain how people with a brain should be required to believe literally in nonsense in order to be a real christian.

Good luck with that.

well, I know it wasn't to me, but I can easily explain why You don't have to.

Creation account, known to be written by Moses, told to by god, who through out the entire bible use allegory and parable to explain concepts to primitive people.

Just Fundys like to take this ONE PARABLE, and build the theology around it.

The results, non-believers and believers fall over themselves arguing a stupid point.

There is ample evidence for flooding after the last ICE age, even a regional flood would be hard for Moses to grasp.

Billion years?

Molecular Biology?

Infinate Universe?

Its damn silly to argue God would explain that to Moses, ESPECIALLY when all Jesus does is speak in Parable.

NOPE but not the first parable, the big grandiose GOD did it one, that one, we will all miss the message and harp on the details.

So I Agree, You don't have to believe what the Fundies tell you to be a christian, you just have to study the book properly.

That is, Unless we all want to try and start measuring the faith of Mustard seeds up in here.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

Salvation is individual, redemption was universal - for everybody, even non-believers.

It still is Lieutenant Dan universal.
(Sorry, forgive my goofiness.)
But yes....redemption is universal (not was).
edit on 3/23/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ok, so sin wasnt mentioned, but freewill overrides dna and environment. That means a child old enough to use free will is old enough to sin. Your degree has nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Ok, so sin wasnt mentioned, but freewill overrides dna and environment. That means a child old enough to use free will is old enough to sin. Your degree has nothing to do with it.

His degree or my degree or your degree or anyone's degree who has studied these things has everything to do with it!!! It's a pack of propagandic lies! How can you be on this website and not see through the most obvious conspiracy of all?

"revealed scripture."

It's bunk.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

When it comes to literal analysis, what is stated in text is stated in text. These two individuals ignore that.
I think that you make a mistake in not taking into consideration the metaphorical nature of the verses involved in the "analysis".
A real analysis involves quite a bit of study, and more than a single person can do in a lifetime, and why I recommend reading Bible commentaries, and not ones by people with an agenda to promote a specific theory set.

link   

link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by Hoyden

It still is Lieutenant Dan universal.
(Sorry, forgive my goofiness.)
But yes....redemption is universal (not was).

agree. it IS - for everybody not even born yet.

I meant as an act of Sacrifice which happened in the past.

(post by Hoyden removed for a manners violation)
(post by FlyersFan removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Ok you made your beliefs clear. Im just saying that you're wrong. I doubt anything that anybody can say will change your mind, so we'll just have to wait and see.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join