It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 Russians protest in Moscow opposes Ukraine invasion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So here is what we was all waiting for and suspected will soon happen...

Tens of thousands have joined a rally in the Russian capital Moscow to oppose its intervention in Ukraine, a day before Crimeans vote on whether to secede and join Russia.

Holding Russian and Ukrainian flags, they shouted: "The occupation of Crimea is Russia's disgrace." A smaller pro-Moscow rally was being held elsewhere.

Moscow supports the vote, which Ukraine and the West have dismissed as illegal.

Kiev says Russian "provocateurs" are behind clashes in eastern Ukraine.

50,000 Russians protest in Moscow opposes Ukraine invasion

At last... The Russia public are denouncing Putlers actions in Ukraine

The game is drawing to a safer turn of events with the Russian public taking to the streets, I guess there goes that the claims Russian people are behind and love Putin also

www.bbc.co.uk...

Crisis over? Will Russia now pull back it's army? We can only hope so, and thank you to those good people taking to the streets in protest 50,000 is a huge turn out

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wow, looks like the spirit of democracy and free speech still exist, and people are still willing to protest in mass against their government...

In Russia...

We can't even get some muted outcry for our government violating the constitution on a near constant basis.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Putin went off the deep end.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I hope that the good people of Russia don't get hurt during this critical time.
If the conditions are right.. then i can see the Russian people making a citizens arrest
fairly soon.

There are others in power that will be watching events very closely.

If you take my meaning.
edit on Sun, 16 Mar 2014 12:23:45 -05002312America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

benrl
Wow, looks like the spirit of democracy and free speech still exist, and people are still willing to protest in mass against their government...

In Russia...

We can't even get some muted outcry for our government violating the constitution on a near constant basis.

That's because the US isn't occupying Canada illegally or the UK occupying France illegally... It because such a situation hasn't ever occurred in the US or Europe since the rise of Nazi germany

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Once again ...Russia has not invaded Ukraine and have a agreement with Ukraine to have up to 25000 troops there . They have a base there . And like the above poster said , look at the protesters allowed to protest in Russia .Are they being beaten,pepper sprayed ? your headline is both false and misleading ...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

benrl

In Russia...

That's because the US isn't occupying Canada illegally or the UK occupying France illegally... It because such a situation hasn't ever occurred in the US or Europe since the rise of Nazi germany

The US isn't occupying countries illegally...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be funny if the protesters started ousting Putin from office

Do you think Russia would be worried Ukraine might invade with an army to protect the Russian protesters then try annex Moscow for Ukraine and a cold water port?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You might have a argument from the Iraqis and the Afghanistan people .The Us is good at usurping the law .The war on Iraq is the one that stands out the most .

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Uh - oh. Vlad isn't going to like that. Mr. stone cold KGB is probably taking pictures and names. Seriously .. Vladimir Putin is one stone cold dude who doesn't blink. He'll 'deal' with these folks after he's done expanding into the Ukraine. Betchya.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by benrl

You might have a argument from the Iraqis and the Afghanistan people .The Us is good at usurping the law .The war on Iraq is the one that stands out the most .

Or the overthrow of the Democratically elected ruler of Iran.

Stuff like that, Gives the US NO MORAL standing to say anything to Russia.

IT is why foreign policy is important, at this point our stances would almost be comical, if the end result where not mass tragedy the world over.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Uh - oh. Vlad isn't going to like that. Mr. stone cold KGB is probably taking pictures and names. Seriously .. Vladimir Putin is one stone cold dude who doesn't blink. He'll 'deal' with these folks after he's done expanding into the Ukraine. Betchya.

Not if they deal with him first.. which is my hope!
Vladimir Putin is only one man.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

benrl

TritonTaranis

benrl

In Russia...

The US isn't occupying countries illegally...

You have just proven you don't support the wishes of the people in Ukraine because the US is speaking out about Russia actions in Ukraine with the rest if the world, your fixated on the US please try to focus on the issue at hand here

Let's talk about Ukraine please...

So to sum this mess up

Ukrainian people want Russia out

The Ukrainian government want Russia out

The international community want Russia out

The Russia people want Russia out

Putin and his anti west brigade and conspiracy nut jobs want Russia in

What a shame you should go join the tiny protest in Moscow in support of putler

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

You have just proven you don't support the wishes of the people in Ukraine because the US is speaking out about Russia actions in Ukraine with the rest if the world, your fixated on the US please try to focus on the issue at hand here

So to sum this mess up

My Stance, is that the US, and NATO, should stay out of a situation that does not involve an Allie, One in which we have NO LEGAL obligation to interfere in.

You know, common sense.

MUCH how Russia chose to not involve itself militarily in Iraq...

Russia is no more likely to be going on a conquering spree than the US is.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

benrl

TritonTaranis

So to sum this mess up

My Stance, is that the US, and NATO, should stay out of a situation that does not involve an Allie, One in which we have NO LEGAL obligation to interfere in.

You know, common sense.

Adolf Hilter expected much of the same ?

And that's common sense is it?

No legal obligations to interfere? Please remember that the EU boarders Russia and the US is the strongest NATO member to speak out about Russia illegal actions in Ukraine, stop sidetracking this show with your hate for the US please and focus on the issue at hand and the right and wrongs in this situation in Ukraine a And not anywhere else

edit on 16-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

benrl

the2ofusr1
reply to post by benrl

Or the overthrow of the Democratically elected ruler of Iran.

IT is why foreign policy is important, at this point our stances would almost be comical, if the end result where not mass tragedy the world over.

How many ATS threads do you insist on DERAILING with your anti-American garbage??Damn you.
edit on CDTSunpm0161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

Adolf Hilter expected much of the same ?

And that's common sense is it?

No legal obligations to interfere? Please remember that the EU boarders Russia and the US is the strongest NATO member to speak out about Russia illegal actions in Ukraine, stop sidetracking this show with your hate for the US please and focus on the issue at hand and the right and wrongs in this situation in Ukraine a And not anywhere else

edit on 16-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

I try not to discuss things with people who drop Nazi's or Hitler first chance they get in an argument, its the first sign of someone who is grossly ignorant of any situation they argue about.

Good day sir.

BTW, thanks for proving goodwins law.

Godwin's law (or Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1" [2][3]—​ that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

TDawg61

How many ATS threads do you insist on DERAILING with your anti-American garbage??Damn you.
edit on CDTSunpm0161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

First, Read my first post, everything after was a response to that.

2nd, I try to inject myself anytime I see False Patriot Garbage, as I view anytime Patriotism is used as an excuse for this BS nonsense they need to be confronted Immediately.

IF the russian people want to stop this, THATS WHERE IT NEED TO HAPPEN, and it looks like some will.

JUST like if we want to stop US illegal military actions, NDAA, Drone Strikes, Enhanced interrogation, Patriot Act, that IT NEED TO BE WE THE PEOPLE, that do it.

NOT some outside governments Military doing it for us.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

benrl

the2ofusr1
reply to post by benrl

Does this mean the world should stand for Russia's illegal actions and let Russia get on with it ?

Why can't you stop mentioning the US to lend weight to Russia's world condemned actions ?

It's bizarre tbh

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

BECAUSE LEGALLY WE HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO.

They are not attacking Nato, it is a dispute between two sovereign nations that we have no part in.

Let the people of those countries deal with it.

I am so sick of these warmongers dressed as patriots clambering to send the Best and Brightest Americans to die on Foreign soil, Yes I guess I am "anti american" for wanting America, to Focus on America.

By minding its business where it should, and not sticking its nose where no legal obligation exist.

ETA: I just noticed the suggestion to "Go join Pro Putin protest" as I don't care for the man either way, for or against, as hes not My president why would I? My stance is stay the hell away from the whole thing, YOU on the other hand...

IF you are SO concerned with the Freedom of the Ukraine, there are still international flights going in.

Instead of sending Americas troops, our sons and daughters, how about you go join the resistance?

expedia

edit on 16-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join