It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370: Uri Geller Uses Psychic Powers to Determine Fate of Flight

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I felt this deserved a spot in this forum and might bring about some interesting banter.

News Source

A few little excerpts...

Uri Geller revealed that he has been approached by a "substantial figure" to help in the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines aircraft. Flight MH370 disappeared without trace on March 8 with 239 people on board. The spoon bending psychic has been asked to use his powers to explain what happened to the aircraft. Geller, who has been using a technique called "remote viewing" to establish the fate of the plane, revealed that he believes the pilots were overcome by a fire.

Pretty safe guess/conjecture since that crew spotted flames over the ocean... but here is the part of the article where I was amused. Apparently Mr. Uri Geller has come under intense criticism because;

He later appealed to his followers on Twitter and Facebook, to help him in his psychic search saying: "I have been asked to help. I believe in remote viewing. Can you help me? Can you please try to 'see' where you believe the plane went down? How and why, what are your own feelings, what does you intuitive sense tell you. Thank you."

So what say you intuitives, viewers, and precogs? What do you think happened to Airliner MH370?

And to keep the thread open to all perspectives, for those skeptical of this sort of ability - what do you think of supposed authorities reaching out to psychics for their help!?! Are they desperate or what?

CirqueDeTruth

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I can't wait to see the results, Uri is usually complete hit or complete miss

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm remote-viewing that Geller has seen an opportunity to generate some media buzz by attaching himself to the biggest news story going.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

So would this be the same Uri Gellar that James Randi exposed?

Fraud extraordinaire.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Yah, he's still around?

Mans a fraud.

Search

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The authorities ask a famous psychic for help, and he asks the public for "inspiration"?...

That doesn't sound serious much...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I had the same thought! Which is very disengenious of myself, since I do truly believe some people are gifted with exra-sensory perception.

CdT

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

NowanKenubi
The authorities ask a famous psychic for help, and he asks the public for "inspiration"?...

That doesn't sound serious much...

Worry not, after the inspiration...he'll ask for money.

Everyone knows money is the grounding force for psychic abilities. Buying any crap books the person is pushing also increases his abilities.

Des

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I had the same thought! Which is very disengenious of myself, since I do truly believe some people are gifted with exra-sensory perception.

There are some that can be, but Uri Gellar is not one of them.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Yes! LOL. That was my ... what the... moment in reading the article.

That aside though, if he actually was approached by authorities, and they really have no clue what the heck happened! With all the surveillance, tech, and well it's just mind boggling.

When I first heard the news my intital feeling was - check the remote mountianous areas. So that's my inkling, but I hope they landed on a remote airstrip and will be found eventually.... okay...

CdT

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
News Source

. Geller, who has been using a technique called "remote viewing" to establish the fate of the plane, revealed that he believes the pilots were overcome by a fire.

Well, he's just been proven dead wrong. Smoking gun ... the pilot did it on purpose.
He turned off the transponders and then after that, he spoke calmly with air traffic control.
And then entered into maneuvers only an experienced pilot could make.

NY Times - Transponder turned off BEFORE Pilot last spoke to Flight Control

ABC News - Jet made TACTICAL Aviation Maneuvers

U.S. law enforcement and intelligence officials are focusing on the possibility that at least one of the Malaysia Airlines pilots is responsible for the disappearance of flight MH 370 after new information revealed the plane performed "tactical evasion maneuvers" after it disappeared from radar, two senior law enforcement officials told ABC News today.

U.S. authorities believe only a person with extensive flight or engineering experience could have executed the maneuvers. They also are suspicious of what appeared to be attempts to evade radar.

They knew to turn off the transponders at just the right moment .. between airspaces.
Tactical maneuvers to avoid radar.
Not just an every day hijacker ... but an experienced pilot.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

NowanKenubi

That doesn't sound serious much…

As serious as a church pulpit.
Waves hands in air… "Just Belieeeeve."

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I accept the possibility that something like ESP exists

If Uri ever had anything going on in the past, he's spent the last 2-3 decades neck-deep in razzle-dazzle and media shenanigans. That alone is enough to roll some eyes and walk away from this latest try.

It's on the same page as small-time psychics offering to find missing kids for money. Whereas Geller won't be paid for this, he knows publicity raises his value as a guest-speaker and so on.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The US government has made many attempts to demean remote viewing when it actually was the CIA that gave a few million bucks to get the concept scientifically validated to its satisfaction that the program continued for more than a decade under the US Army. And BTW, Geller was part of the discovery program to validate remote viewing and was probably as important as Ingo Swann in the success of the program. The US got into investigating psi phenomena when it learned of important work that was being done in the USSR.

Don't use the book or movie of "Men Who Started at Goats" as your knowledge base to judge RVing. The book and movie was a setup job by the CIA to mock their hidden involvement.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Uri Geller is as psychic as my left foot.

But seriously I believe that the pilots have landed the plane on a remote island somewhere. I mean, by now there would have been wreckage appearing if it had crashed into the sea and also possibly bodies. I know it sounds utterly ridiculous but I do firmly believe the plane was hijacked and taken to a remote island somewhere.
edit on 16-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Uri Geller is as psychic as my left foot.

Could you ask your left foot what next weeks lottery numbers will be, as I need some help picking the winners?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have some nice facts I wanna post but I need to wait until I will be able to create my own topic about it...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Geller is an interesting man,

He is the one case of mental ability that I can't easily dismiss...

Hes either an exceptional con man, or an amazingly gifted individual, I had a trusted friend who happened to be at an event with him awhile back, and claims he did things outside of "cold reading" that left no doubt in his mind that he was genuine.

Guy is a super skeptic too, led me to research Geller in depth and just went away befuddled as usally its easy to dismiss someones claims.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yea US authority's say it, must be true.

Yet the Malaysian government is not allowing the US to help.

Funny that the US has better knowledge on this than the investigating government who is not sharing with them.

Ummm YAY NSA?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I've never seen the movie Men who stare at Goats. Should I? I'm not a big Clooney fan. I have a hard time sitting though a lot of his movies. So now, I rarely try.

CdT

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join