It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If time travel was possible, what time and place would you go back to and why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
it's funny how we seem to be divided into two distinct groups.

1 - Those who would return to a historical period to see a famous event.

2 - Those who would travel back only a few decades in their own lives, to when they were happier, or the happiest they've ever been.

Thanks for all the posts by the way..great answers, all of them.

edit on AM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
November 22, 1963. Dealy Plaza, Dallas, Texas.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Second choice. Virginia Beach in the Spring/Summer of 1999.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Write down the Powerball numbers for a big jackpot and then go back in time and buy a ticket and win!!!

Not according to the rules I know but who could resist.
edit on 17-3-2014 by JimTSpock because: spelling

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

I guess they haven't created the time machine yet because I am still here. This world will never "recover."

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Jennyfrenzy
reply to post by andy1972

This is such a hard question, so many choices!

1536 England and the fall of Anne Boleyn

Anne was the second wife of King HenryVIII of England and the mother of England' most famous Queen, Elizabeth I.Henry divorced his first wife Katherine of Aragon after she failed to give him a son. Love how back in the days it was always the womans fault if the baby was born female!) The Church of England was created for the purpose of granting the king a divorce from Queen Katherine, leaving Henry free to wed Anne.

It was 1536 and Anne Boleyn was pregnant (with what was likely a male child) when she discovered Jane Semor (future wife #3) sitting on the kings lap. After this she lost the baby and sealed her fate.

On May 19, 1536 Anne Boleyn was executed for treason. She was said to have slept with 5 men, one being her brother. These charges were most likely false but cleared the way for the king to marry Jane.

Anne Boleyn's last words:

Good Christian people, I am come hither to die, for according to the law, and by the law I am judged to die, and therefore I will speak nothing against it. I am come hither to accuse no man, nor to speak anything of that, whereof I am accused and condemned to die, but I pray God save the king and send him long to reign over you, for a gentler nor a more merciful prince was there never: and to me he was ever a good, a gentle and sovereign lord. And if any person will meddle of my cause, I require them to judge the best. And thus I take my leave of the world and of you all, and I heartily desire you all to pray for me. O Lord have mercy on me, to God I commend my soul

link

I would love to have been a fly on the wall during this time. Anne is one of my favorite historical figures, she was a strong woman who changed the course of history.

edit on 16-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spelling....

edit on 16-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

The Tudor Court would be at the top of my list.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Having skimmed this thread I don't see that anyone has mentioned the time/place I came up with in my similar ATS post that didn't get the views this one has:

Tripnman
I'd like to visit the Library of Alexandria before Caesar burned it's contents (if you are to believe that accounting of history.) Think of the knowledge that would have been stored in that library - the building of the pyramids and the sphinx, stories of Atlantis, first hand accounts of encounters of the first kind with the ancient gods and goddesses, perhaps even information on Stonehenge and other ancient mysteries. All of the information that we have since lost to the fog of time.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Why go back? I would go forward pick 2250AD, they should still sorta understand my English, and I want to see what happens! Also Heinlein.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

andy1972
it's funny how we seem to be divided into two distinct groups.

1 - Those who would return to a historical period to see a famous event.

2 - Those who would travel back only a few decades in their own lives, to when they were happier, or the happiest they've ever been.

Thanks for all the posts by the way..great answers, all of them.

edit on AM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

I am in both groups. I want to see who my father was. My mother has kept that a secret all her life and seems to actually be planning on taking it with her to her grave. When I have asked who he is, she says she promised him she would not tell me. He's probably dead now, so what difference it would make now is mystifying. I would like to go back into her past also to see what she was really like. Events, I would like to observe Jesus during the three years leading up to his crucifixion. I would like to see what inspired the building of the pyramids. I would like to go back to see what brought on the extinction of the dinosaurs. Who was responsible Stonehenge and its purpose, and other unexplained structures.

Thank you for the post. S&F

Blessings,
Yesterday

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'd go back ten minuets when I started reading this thread and watch that pot of rice on the stove. You think you'll catch it before it boils over...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I would go back in time and see how my life would have turned out if I made different choices.

There are some "key" choices that I have made, things that I remember clearly. These decisions represent keystones in my past, and it is interesting when you do a bit of daydreaming and imagine what would of happened if you made a different choice.

There are various "mistakes" that I have made, and now, realising what they were, I could imagine going back in time and changing those decisions, and then going forward again to see what would have become of me.

Obviously I am not 100% happy with the way that things have turned out, however, I have made advances in my development, because I have learnt from my mistakes.

edit on 18-3-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm fascinated by ancient Egypt. 3000 year old culture, that's some fricken history. Maybe under the reign of Ramses II.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join