It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Knows What The Heck Is REAL Anymore?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
One of the biggest problems is that we're conditioned from birth to accept things which make no sense. As we get older, we find out that everything we thought we knew was a lie.

Our history is so vast and complex that, for the sake of time and catering to the lowest common denominator in our school systems, it's heavily condensed into a version that deviates frequently from the truth as it's currently portrayed.

When you start to consider the manipulation of written history and the methods used to discover some of the bits which are considered to be factual, your entire belief system goes out the window and you'll drive yourself crazy if you aren't comfortable accepting that you'll never really know for sure what's true and what isn't.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Answer
One of the biggest problems is that we're conditioned from birth to accept things which make no sense. As we get older, we find out that everything we thought we knew was a lie.

Our history is so vast and complex that, for the sake of time and catering to the lowest common denominator in our school systems, it's heavily condensed into a version that deviates frequently from the truth as it's currently portrayed.

When you start to consider the manipulation of written history and the methods used to discover some of the bits which are considered to be factual, your entire belief system goes out the window and you'll drive yourself crazy if you aren't comfortable accepting that you'll never really know for sure what's true and what isn't.

I gotta say this is one of the more seminole comments I've read, about what we're discussing here. Thank you, Answer. It really is that simple. Some of us knew when we were children, but the terrain remains the same…..and it seems there is nothing that can be done, no matter how much we'd like it to.

Take care of you and yours.
Tetra50

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Belief system has gone so far out wack I actually enjoy it! It brings questions I have no answeres for and leaves me questioning the very box I hold dear.

So I had to create a new box; I do not know. I'm okay with that since it makes it simpler and most do not have an answere anyways. It breaks down the facts, ideas from long ago that have no merit today.

Its either outdated or forgotten anyways and brings new ideas to mind just questioning the silly crap. Now one things for sure, people are getting near their breaking point! You can actually Feel it when one walks by or its the vibration of the masses. Most are on auto pliot trying to get by while some are becoming Cold.

Things are now replacing people, its more I want then what I need. Since the actual idea of need is replaced with want people have created a doomed life. So in order to have said need. One must go to work everyday even if the sky should fall! Missing one day from work means lossing something to the banking system.

Your caught up into the idea of living the good life and its now catching up to some. Now you take the chance of someone poping off, going off the deep end and its not safe to go outside. Well it lingers though in your mind. Next their are the energy suckers and more everyday. Until you sit down with yourself, they will be around draining you.

There is no plan, idea about the future anymore to some luckly to have made it this far. Yet what is teached in school is plan for the furture, 10 yrs and more. Yet never about today and whats needs to be done now.

So far in my town, every child I ever ask what they learned in school today all I get is Nothing! That scares me more then if satan were to pop up and have me cornered. Its like somehow we are teaching them nothing and born a slave to the system.

Never to use their minds and keep them open. The system is a closed one indeed!

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

dodol
reply to post by 999zxcv

best quote in this life so far

i will write this in my death letter as my after-death-wish!!

peace

glad to have been of service and made someone happy today

people normally run and hide the sharp things in the kitchen when i am around

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Not so much.

A lot of things that are hard concrete proof and verifiable really isn't if you are qualified to look at the information being presented. I'm no math wizard so you'd have better luck asking a monkey to explain it than for me to figure out what's wrong in the physics world.

The point that I'm making is that the human mind is a lot more capable than people give it credit for we can understand these complex subjects if we are taught to do so, but if we don't understand these subjects then it's easier to fool us.

You can't just assume everything you read is a lie, because sometimes the truth advances the agenda. Which makes you even easier to manipulate.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I know what you're getting at. History is full of deceit and is constantly shifting, everyday it seems there is a revelation waiting in the wings to rewrite history.

And now thanks to computers the press is creating history however they want it. I remember a news outlet used footage from an Assassins creed game as a backdrop and passed it off as modern day Syria, I feel true history is being denied to us by these MSM shenanigans.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Critical thinking is helpful.
Not jumping to conclusions is helpful.
Separating opinion (those of others as well as our own) from what may or may not be fact is helpful.
Understanding that our senses lie is helpful.

But in the end, does it matter?
Live it.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Thank you for all your well thought out replies, most of you, and now as Paul Harvey would say ...."The rest of the story"....

reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

reply to post by signalfire

reply to post by tetra50

reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

reply to post by infoseeker26754

reply to post by intrptr

reply to post by 999zxcv

reply to post by rickymouse

reply to post by Murgatroid

reply to post by Daughter2

reply to post by AthlonSavage

reply to post by Answer

Fairy tales and fantasies are one of the very basic joys we all have and cherish as children, the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, etc. At some point we come to understand for ourselves at a certain age that those are make believe stories and fables that are traditional and we pass them along to our children and grandchildren and so forth. Even those have a conspiracy attached to them. I for one, think there is some value in allowing children to enjoy their fantasy and creativity should be encouraged even when make believe friends show up to play with them or they show an interest in acting out and being silly.

Have fun I say...but...where I draw the line is when religious, political, historical or intellectual (teaching or press related) agendas fail to do what they are supposed to do; tell the truth and nothing but the truth . Speculation is one thing, faith in a certain belief is another, pure fabrication is an entirely other matter altogether...it is bold faced lies to hide the truth that I have the most serious problem with.

Everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want to believe about any number of subjects that are important to them and I would never try to dissuade them from their own opinions about any of them. What I believe about those same subjects is entirely my choice as well. I am disheartened by the level of trickery being exhibited by those in power and how far they are willing to go to further their own agendas. It doesn't change what I believe about certain specific events that I spoke of in my initial post. I am not here to talk about any of them specifically, however.

I simply feel that there are those that have not reached the point where they can distinguish fantasy from reality because they have become what I call chronic habitual liars...they have told so many lies they think whatever they say is the truth regardless of how ridiculous it is. If you tell a lie enough times it becomes the truth regardless of what the actual facts are.
Our history books are full of so much disinformation and the religious texts are completely fictional; written by people and furthered by people with their own agendas; to present things in a way to suggest what they are saying is the complete truth and nothing but the truth, but they are lying and I know it.

What I know and what I can prove are 2 different things. Just because I say it doesn't make it the complete truth either, does it? No! That is why, when I suggest that I am sure of the facts I am getting ready to speak...there will be those that doubt it and those that see some semblance of truth in them. Maybe they agree with all of it or none of it that is their choice to do so.

I don't always handle my threads with the best care and I might get snippy from time to time...my apologies to any I have offended in the past and hopefully be forgiven.

Here goes...I have a soul. I have a very old soul. I have learned many valuable lessons from the 100's of lives I have lived. There is a higher power that I evolved from. Evolution and creationism are both necessary. I can not evolve without first being created. Every entity in this universe (multiple) and every plane (9) is attached through an energy source that consist of 3 different variations; Positive, Neutral and Negative electromagnetic ions. I will not go into the minute details, I will leave that up to those that want to do so. I am not going to talk about atomic fissure or black holes. For every action there is a reaction, the law of averages apply to anything and everything, probability and possibilities, but we are all attached through the same energy period. I have free will. Math and music are universal languages.

It doesn't matter what religion you follow, it doesn't matter what you believe about anything...what matters the most is how you conduct yourself with respect for others and the very things that our higher power provided. It is not important whether they tell us the truth about current events or past events or future events, we all have a price to pay someday for doing things that are not favorable to the evolution of our soul; most would call it karma.

Take care all,

Soul

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

It really isn't that hard to figure out when you follow the money. Billions of dollars have remained in a few families hands for generations up generations. These same families have tons of influence because they are able to contribute to other things outside of politics to make sure the money stays in their hands.

The top 10% want the bottom 90% to work for free so they can satisfy their greed. It's why world wars continue, because they profit off of the division. Not because they profit off of the wars.

They can sell the problem and solution to both sides at the same time. It's why Russia is supposed to be our "enemy" and we have bad diplomatic relations with them. Putin kicked out all of the Oligarchs and since they control the central banks and media Russia is our "enemy".

Don't believe the hype.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ahhh. I have awaited the day to ask you this, about this:

Separating opinion (those of others as well as our own) from what may or may not be fact is helpful.
Understanding that our senses lie is helpful.

Sorry, OP, if this is "thread drift," for your thread is a good one. but I must ask Phage this with his wise words above.

If "fact" is a matter of perception, and perception is arrived at through our five senses, and "Understanding that our senses lie is helpful.", then what, then, can be considered "fact?"

But I must commend you for your ending statement, and wise words, indeed, : What does it matter. Live it.

Tetra

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

If "fact" is a matter of perception, and perception is arrived at through our five senses, and "Understanding that our senses lie is helpful.", then what, then, can be considered "fact?"
Ay, there's the rub.

Fact, by definition, is independent of perception. Or should be, since perception can be dependent upon the individual and even with the same individual can vary with circumstances. To avoid the traps of perception we have to resort to things that are not perceptual; instrumentation, mathematics, experimentation, repetition, verification. In a word, science. It's as close as we can get.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I think you've written a great thread, asking and challenging on many different levels.

Fairy tales and fantasies are one of the very basic joys we all have and cherish as children, the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, etc. At some point we come to understand for ourselves at a certain age that those are make believe stories and fables that are traditional and we pass them along to our children and grandchildren and so forth. Even those have a conspiracy attached to them. I for one, think there is some value in allowing children to enjoy their fantasy and creativity should be encouraged even when make believe friends show up to play with them or they show an interest in acting out and being silly.

Have fun I say...but...where I draw the line is when religious, political, historical or intellectual (teaching or press related) agendas fail to do what they are supposed to do; tell the truth and nothing but the truth . Speculation is one thing, faith in a certain belief is another, pure fabrication is an entirely other matter altogether...it is bold faced lies to hide the truth that I have the most serious problem with.

The title of your thread is about what is "real." Yet, here, you digress and address fairytales and childhood fables we are all fed, and defend that, while going on to slam those in power for feeding the adults really the same. I gotta say I see a true disconnect there. I understand "let kids be kids," and believe in something more than what is real here as the truth will all too soon become apparent and be horrifying for some. This isn't what you said or wrote, btw, it's my own interpretation. However. I think the lies to the adult society are justified in just the same way, and I think it may be better if kids knew the true grit of the matter rather than having to search out ATS like websites later in life to figure out why what they're told and what they actually experience and see are so diametrically different. And that brings us to really telling the truth, here: No one really tells the truth about any of it.

And that brings me to this:

... we all have a price to pay someday for doing things that are not favorable to the evolution of our soul; most would call it karma.

What if, go with me for a moment, by your description above, doing what was favorable to the evolution of your soul was anathema to someone else's? What kind of karma does that endow us with? And here we are in this place where we're taught as Christians from the earliest age that the golden rule is to do unto others as you would have them do unto you?

To me, this is the true juxtasposition of wherever we are, and the test this place puts us through.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by tetra50

Ay, there's the rub.

Fact, by definition, is independent of perception. Or should be, since perception can be dependent upon the individual and even with the same individual can vary with circumstances. To avoid the traps of perception we have to resort to things that are not perceptual; instrumentation, mathematics, experimentation, repetition, verification. In a word, science. It's as close as we can get.

Good answer, but does not rub out the rub, so to speak, because instrumentation, mathematics, experimentation, etc…are still all a matter of our creation and perception. They verify nothing but the perceptions we used to spell the language of mathematics, or experimentation etc, in order to seek further perception…...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

"As close as we can get."
We're in it so we probably can't really know it. Just muddle along doing the best we can, guessing at it. Not to say that one guess is as good as any.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Oh, and btw, OP, I often wonder and ponder over threads like yours, on a site that daily lauds the wonders of technology and the supposed differential reality it can provide us. How is it we can celebrate that and at the same time, take politicians or government agencies or media to task for telling us something, well, let's say, relativistic?

Please don't find this aggessive in any way. It's just that I see a plethora of pro tech on this site, and spinning the truth with relativistic jargon (yes, I toy with this myself, as well), and then we all complain about being lied to…...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I feel the same way a lot of times. I'll never know the truth, when I understand something something new pops up beyond that which I don't understand. But I feel that the world is very different from what it appears to be. I think it is mind over matter, a kind of illusory world, like a simulation. And anything we "stumble upon" was in fact placed in our way by a higher force, always. I read somewhere that in Buddhism one of the paths to enlightenment is to seek truth and the same is believed by Gnosticism. I do feel like being an initiate is something that is not necessarily with people around but the Holy Spirit can be the means by which that initiation is made to happen. God is the master and the world is the temple or the lodge. Physical organizations and societies might play a role too in the kosmos though.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Thanks for putting in to words what I have been thinking about most conspiracies, and their theorist. I have seldom met to talked to a theorist that only believed one conspiracies...they believe in 100s, and they are all interconnected some how.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Astyanax

The entire history of this planet is based on big, huge, giant Conspiracy and we will never know for certain what the facts are

If you are confused and disheartened, who is to blame? History is not a lie; it is, at worst, a distorted and imperfectly understood account of what really did happen in the world. Science is not a lie; it is, at worst, the best possible approximation to the truth currently available to us. It is the conspiracy theories you believe in that are false; and because they are false, they don't add up to a consistent, detailed, coherent picture of the world. No wonder you're confused! You have chosen to live in a world of fantasy and confabulation — a world of lies — instead of in reality.

By contrast, someone who takes things as he finds them and exercises his curiosity to find out more will end up with a more or less consistent view of how the world works, see clearly how things fit together and be able to enjoy life and succeed at it. I speak from personal experience.

Conspiracy theorists are forever expressing their contempt for the 'sheeple' who believe the 'official story' and don't 'open their minds'. On closer inspection, one always finds that it is the conspiracy theorist's own mind that is closed; he will not countenance any evidence that contradicts his views, will not consider scientific or historical objections to them, and is always quick to accuse dissenters of being 'shills', 'disinformation agents' and so on.

The state of mind into which you have got yourself is entirely self-imposed. Until you accept that most of what you believe is a lie and that things are overwhelmingly just the way they seem, you will know no peace, nor gain one iota in happiness or wisdom. And though you will blame everyone but yourself for this lamentable condition, the truth is that you have only yourself to blame.

Good luck. I hope you will come to your senses one day.

edit on 15/3/14 by Astyanax because: actually, I hope they'll all come to their senses one day.

The conspiracy is also known as corruption. Corruption does indeed permeate almost the entire existence. That corruption is also known as evil. Evil is an aspect of the light from God emanating into our vessel. The correction of fear is part of the spiritual evolution. Fear plays a major part in the process though, I'd say it's one of the major driving forces of it. Desire being the other one. A "conspiracy theorist" is no different from the "skeptic" put on a pedestal. The "conspiracy theorist" and the skeptic alike work from the limited perception they have to try to move onwards on the path of enlightenment. That's my view.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

The saying used to be "believe half of what you hear and three quarters of what you see. That was long ago, back in the early sixties. With the invention of photo shopping and the increasing parroting of misconceptions and improper interpretation of evidence, these ratios do not apply anymore. I am seeing that lately more truth is coming out as we now have the technology to test things instead of assuming but the damage is already done and the parameters of the research are based on the policies of the past that protect the beliefs we hold about things.

So now it is believe half of what you see or read and a quarter of what you hear. I would rather believe an old person than someone trying to get ahead in life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join