It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Knows What The Heck Is REAL Anymore?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
As far as I can remember and from the things I have been taught in history class or religious upbringing, 99% of what we are led to believe is the truth, is a lie.

Recent events are steeped in poopoo and we have no way of knowing who is telling the truth about any of it. It doesn't matter what government or press coverage you see, read or hear there is no truth from any of them.

Just go down the list starting with....oh what the heck...the birth of Christ and work your way forward to the missing plane recently brought to our attention. Throw in 9/11 and Kennedy or Lincoln, scatter a little of Sandy Hook, and sprinkle some American Revolution, why WW1 or 2 started, the Roswell incident and the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Really doesn't matter that Columbus "discovered" America long after it existed or that the Holy Grail is not a chalice to drink from, or the Knights Templar were the forefront of the Illuminati or that the Earth was known to be round long before that voyage.

The entire history of this planet is based on big, huge, giant Conspiracy and we will never know for certain what the facts are in any instance of any single event, unless it is nature that causes it...oh wait HARP is responsible for creating earthquakes, super storms and whatever tornadoes or hurricanes pop up in strange places.

See you can't even be sure that something is nature related. Could be the only thing we can be sure of is that comets and asteroids that hit the Earth are not caused by HARP, but wait ...it is possible that aliens have directed these at us on purpose...okay...then the only thing we can really b certain of is this.....anything we think we know is the truth is part of a conspiracy to hide the real truth, and when the real truth is spoken it is impossible to decide if it is not really a lie.

I give up. We live, we die....no wait we are in a simulated computer program called the MATRIX and I think I took the green pill by mistake or was it the red one, nope it was the blue one, but wait, there wasn't a green one was there?

Oh heck, I give up trying to know the truth anymore.

Soul

Soul

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

The problem with recorded history is it doesn't go back that far and what is there isn't reliable.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

That was a quick reply and I doubt you even read what I wrote.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I was actually thinking the same thing today but on a more personal level. Though I'm sure there are so many lies told and things are just mere coincidences, I will never really have a way to figure out everything.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I believe the TrutherGirls would totally agree with you...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
that is why god gave us alcohol and stuff

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Seventy five percent of what we are led to believe is a misconception or contains lies. You have to include misinterpretation of evidence to get to that figure. I was taught to use the toilet, and to use toilet paper. Those kind of things are not lies. If we flushed all the lies we wouldn't have much left though. It might be a little boring, no challenge to find the truth.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i think this is you're lighter i found

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Looks like someone has crawled up out of Plato's Cave into the light of day. Let your eyes adjust and then you can begin to see. See the real world for the first time.

This is true freedom. Freed from the shackles that kept you in the dark. We may not know the whole truth yet, but now we can see the lies more clearly.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

999zxcv
that is why god gave us alcohol and stuff

Absolutely. Although, I'm not sure there is God or that this supposed entity should be credited with the above. However, whomever the credit should go to, though I would prefer clarity over the opposite, I must say the OP's thread describes pretty much exactly why I need what you describe to survive, at all. And actually, I'm not that hip on survival, but it seems it's pretty hard to die, hereabouts…..

I'd just like to get off the crazy train for a while, out of the rabbit hole, however you wanna put it. It's become obvious someone wishes to show us it's better NOT to know anything. Instead of denying ignorance, which is a trap unto itself (or used that way, it seems), I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't preferable to not only accept it, but embrace it…..What good is knowing a thing if you are helpless to fight it and it is anathema to you?
Regards,
Tetra50

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I see your head has stopped spinning and now you know somethings not right. Its a good thing once you get passed the WTF? Every story ever been told had Truth at the time it happened LOL We just changed it to fit our needs and ideas.

Basicly your going through what I like to call The Box. You created it since childhood, feed crap that at the time you actually belived was true or concidered fact. Then your mind places it in that box so it never has to think about it ever!

So you either had to be hearing them voices in your head or something came your way and crossed jumped your belief system. So you questioned it one day and you came up with ???? Try it with other ideas you have kept for so long. If by chance you become lost, just pinch yourself and laugh at it all.

Any here you thought we knew everything lol. Its all made up to keep everything as normal as one can. The only Lie out there is not using your mind and that's what we are not to know. Start questioning the small stuff first though. Next comes your friends and why they are there in your life. Who's playing who, what reasons and the like.

Have some fun tomorrow, or during a work day. Do as you normally do, just be aware of what your thinking while doing it. You will find your mind driffs off and auto pliot takes its place. Notice the people, what they say and what you say.

Start being aware of everything and you see a different picture then whats normally in your head. Questions just come from nowhere and asking you for the answere to how and why did you come up with this in the first place.

Most of the ideas are feed to us as children so we took them as facts. Ego judges things as value and groups them for itself. No one ever really stops to question anything since we are so caught up taking care of our future we have no idea what really going on now.

Do you see a pattern yet?

Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

My father always told me:

1) believe nothing you hear
2) half of what you see

3). Is there a third? I always remember that I knew more than him. I should've listened better. *shakes head*
edit on 15-3-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

The entire history of this planet is based on big, huge, giant Conspiracy and we will never know for certain what the facts are

If you are confused and disheartened, who is to blame? History is not a lie; it is, at worst, a distorted and imperfectly understood account of what really did happen in the world. Science is not a lie; it is, at worst, the best possible approximation to the truth currently available to us. It is the conspiracy theories you believe in that are false; and because they are false, they don't add up to a consistent, detailed, coherent picture of the world. No wonder you're confused! You have chosen to live in a world of fantasy and confabulation — a world of lies — instead of in reality.

By contrast, someone who takes things as he finds them and exercises his curiosity to find out more will end up with a more or less consistent view of how the world works, see clearly how things fit together and be able to enjoy life and succeed at it. I speak from personal experience.

Conspiracy theorists are forever expressing their contempt for the 'sheeple' who believe the 'official story' and don't 'open their minds'. On closer inspection, one always finds that it is the conspiracy theorist's own mind that is closed; he will not countenance any evidence that contradicts his views, will not consider scientific or historical objections to them, and is always quick to accuse dissenters of being 'shills', 'disinformation agents' and so on.

The state of mind into which you have got yourself is entirely self-imposed. Until you accept that most of what you believe is a lie and that things are overwhelmingly just the way they seem, you will know no peace, nor gain one iota in happiness or wisdom. And though you will blame everyone but yourself for this lamentable condition, the truth is that you have only yourself to blame.

Good luck. I hope you will come to your senses one day.

edit on 15/3/14 by Astyanax because: actually, I hope they'll all come to their senses one day.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I revisited this after my reply, because I remembered that while I was reading the OP's thread, it occurred to me how much was described there that resulted in conflict, war and blood…..

It's not really that I particularly care how I am perceived, sarcastic and all, cause I've gone long beyond caring about the perceptions of others. but I came back to point that out, because it's what stands out to me as so frigging horrifying about the subject matter.
Imagine, you are raised with this idea of honor, integrity, faith, loyalty, etc…..and realize at some point in your life every bit of that was absolute bull#. So, then, everyone who died for those ideas, as it presently stands, died for bull#.

Cuts you to the quick. Which is where the alcohol and stuff comes into it…...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

thank you

peace

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

best quote in this life so far

i will write this in my death letter as my after-death-wish!!

peace

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

We are spiritual beings born into a marvelous world who decided to create our own, fabricated world over the natural one we were given. Humanity has adapted to It over The Creator (or The Light, as I call it,) bowing instead to The System which holds our fabricated world together and protects it, all by human mental energy, of course. People's spiritual essence pours into it, while It pollutes people's spirits. It has become alive in a sense, manufacturing lies, mind control, distractions, chaos and order so that it can keep functioning. There is a Collective Human Consciousness, and much of this is in service (in secret spiritual conspiracy) to The System. It grows and reshapes itself by both conscious and unconscious intent. Is what I am describing natural, spiritual, beautiful, or does it sound like a trap?

www.youtube.com...

The truth is inside your own heart, as simple as that. Outside you will find only lies or well-intended pieces of advice from people outside of you, on paths of their own, perspectives of their own and with opinions which may not reflect your personal path at this particular moment...

www.youtube.com...

And no, I'm not high lol just spiritual and appreciative of truth, and the humour which naturally follows it

edit: I neatly imbedded these vids but they wouldn't work. I know how to imbed YT videos on ATS, so something is buggy.
edit on 16-3-2014 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I've gotten to the point where, if I need a shortcut, I just take whatever Fox Spews says, and reverse it 180 degrees. That'll get you real close to something approximating truth, knowledge and wisdom.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The older we get the less we know and just kind of carry on with our daily lives.

I feel the same sentiments about what is really going in the world. What and who do you believe anymore? The answer to that is you trust yourself and teach yourself how to seek out the truth so you can be better informed.

As far as a giant conspiracy and all that and the MATRIX, etc. those are your personal opinions. So I have to disagree with you on those.

What I can tell you though, is that the truth is much simpler than what you think it is and that anyone trying to tell you what to believe without hard concrete proof that is verifiable is taking you for a ride.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

What I can tell you though, is that the truth is much simpler than what you think it is and that anyone trying to tell you what to believe without hard concrete proof that is verifiable is taking you for a ride.

reply to post by Timing

No, my friend, it isn't. At all. Unless the truth is there are bad people in the world who are only happy seeing others suffer….
That's a simple truth, and one I find to be accurate. But as far as simplicity, in general, goes, I don't agree with you. So much is made up, reversed, and because people thought they could "control" their existence and world by proxy, with pseudo science, there is no longer any "hard concrete proof that if verifiable." That's the whole point of the OP, really.

And, we're all being taken for a ride, on the crazy train, and it's not particularly nice, pretty, mind-enhancing, or evolving, for that matter.
JMHO
Regards,
Tetra50

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join